Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Video Games to Play if You Like HBO's Westworld

• Arron114Arron1141,093,883
    Posted on 22 April 18 at 09:00, Edited on 22 April 18 at 09:01 by Arron114
    What an exceptional game Binary Domain is.
  • Devious JediDevious Jedi792,398
    Posted on 22 April 18 at 09:03
    Absolutely loved enslaved. Defo a very underrated game that deserves a lot more attention. If they did a remaster it be a day one purchase for me.
    Amazing story and so much attention to the small details that made it stand out for me.
  • AwooAwoo1,787,979
    Posted on 22 April 18 at 10:52, Edited on 22 April 18 at 11:00 by Awoo
    While we're on the subject, Mile Marker Zero's recent concept album deals with a similar subject matter in a way that, while seemingly superficial at first, is actually really intelligent. Highly recommended.
    https://mmzofficial.bandcamp.com/album/the-fifth-row

Also shoutouts to System Shock 2.
    What can change the nature of a man?
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty681,248
    Posted on 22 April 18 at 11:09
    Some good games there, but none of them have any similarities to Westworld whatsoever. Is it a slow news week or something?
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant741,666
    Posted on 22 April 18 at 11:46
    Sponsored article?
    This post may be sarcastic.
  • Posted on 22 April 18 at 13:22
    These games all hit hit the science fiction side of the show I probably would have added red dead redemption bc it covers the western side of the show.

Haven’t really heard of Binary Domain, I’ll have to check it out.
  • MightygilMightygil344,625
    Posted on 22 April 18 at 13:48
    Arron114 said:
    What an exceptional game Binary Domain is.
    This. Definitely worth playing for those that may have missed this gem
  • FourthLionFourthLion621,562
    Posted on 22 April 18 at 13:48
    Binary Domain and Enslaved really deserve the Back Compat treatment.

Just played the first part of The Fall and really enjoyed it.
  • ciornyiMDciornyiMD1,491,637
    Posted on 22 April 18 at 15:06
    Binary Domain is realy gem but gamers avoid it mainly because of online which require 6 ppl to start and of course horde variation called invation mode and its definately pretty hard
  • SDeafLGhostGSDeafLGhostG523,512
    Posted on 22 April 18 at 15:17
    I thought you were going to list Wild West themed games like Call of Juarez, Red Dead Redemption, Gun, etc.
  • Posted on 22 April 18 at 15:31, Edited on 22 April 18 at 15:31 by MegaLegoCyborg
    Enslaved and Binary Domain are excellent games, definitely deserve backwards compatibility
  • Chris HirschyChris Hirschy1,090,261
    Posted on 22 April 18 at 15:39
    I think "Binary Domain" has a similar background story as "Blade runner". Artificial consciousness which don't know about that its artificial, hunted by a big organisation.

Indeed, this Game has a great story with an underrated cliffhanger, but its multiplayer is horrible.
    If you want to complete a map on horde, you cannot walk with your dog, make a telephone call or even go on toilet. 4hours full concentration for each try on each map @.[@

I wish that Binary Domain & Enslave become BWC, too.
  • Posted on 22 April 18 at 15:51
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    Sponsored article?
    Nope. It’s just something new I’m trying, plus I love AI in fiction and nonfiction. When something is sponsored it’s presented with that information clearly.
  • Posted on 22 April 18 at 15:54
    NawtyCawty said:
    Some good games there, but none of them have any similarities to Westworld whatsoever. Is it a slow news week or something?
    As the western setting is a farce I went for the real meat of the show, the philosophical content regarding conscious machines, but you know that anyways since you read the story, right? smile
  • planting42planting421,821,662
    Posted on 22 April 18 at 17:36
    I've got some delicious Vermont Cabbot Cheddar if there's any wine left.

Westworld caught my eye last year and I'll be looking into it again as it plays out Season 2.

I still need to play Binary Domain and Enslaved. Fallout 3 comes to mind as a more western-y game with AI companions - though as I recall there's no deep discussion about intelligence. ED-E isn't the brightest bot.
    https://www.trueachievements.com/event/Birthday-Challenge
  • C64 MatC64 Mat1,358,643
    Posted on 22 April 18 at 17:36
    As plucking a random TV show out is a bit... Random, I think this would work better the other way around.

"Films and TV shows to try if you loved Elite Dangerous", that kind of thing :)

You could even tie it to links of what's available on Xbox, either the marketplace or Netflix or whatever.
  • Posted on 22 April 18 at 19:14
    "Picture Gears of War but with robots."

You mean, picture Gears of War 4, right? dance
  • Posted on 22 April 18 at 19:24
    x Mataeus x said:
    As plucking a random TV show out is a bit... Random, I think this would work better the other way around.

"Films and TV shows to try if you loved Elite Dangerous", that kind of thing :)

You could even tie it to links of what's available on Xbox, either the marketplace or Netflix or whatever.
    We’ve done that before with books and will do it again with other media in the future. This is something new I’m trying.
  • CODYWWE24CODYWWE2491,729
    Posted on 22 April 18 at 20:07
    You should of a leasted added Red Dead Redemption. Without the western in Westworld, there would be no Westworld.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.