The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: April 24th, 2018

• BloodGodAlucardBloodGodAlucard2,361,756
    Posted on 24 April 18 at 18:52
    J4CKA1 said:
    I'm surprised you guys even care about the sales. are you really pumping out 1k/1k on all the GWG every month?
    What does that have to do with anything?
  • spankyNspronklespankyNspronkle1,139,540
    Posted on 24 April 18 at 19:08
    BloodGodAlucard said:
    J4CKA1 said:
    I'm surprised you guys even care about the sales. are you really pumping out 1k/1k on all the GWG every month?
    It kind of makes sense in the idea that you don't need to buy games if you currently have ones to play. From a logical standpoint, it's a legit question.

However, achievement hunters are a different breed altogether. We inherently are collectors... we collect these worthless points that could one day be instantly gone. Similarly, we collect games... we buy things that will sit on our backlogs that are already 100+ games deep just to own them.
    Posted on 24 April 18 at 19:32
    Yeah I just thought it was an interesting way to look at things. Don't seek out discounts on games you want because you have games for free that you might not even be interested in. laugh
  • J4CKA1J4CKA1335,277
    Posted on 24 April 18 at 20:06
    I just see it as... you probably have a large backlog, this week there's just more time to play into that backlog? Just my feeling is all. Sheesh.
    Posted on 24 April 18 at 20:18
    Fair enough. That wasn't what you said though. In that regard, I agree. There's nothing this week that piques my interest. So I'm doing exactly that; playing games in my backlog.

Didn't mean to offend you. It's impossible to read unwritten subtext online. So you have to take people at their exact phrasing at times even it conflicts with a person's intention. If something isn't clear, it's open to inaccurate interpretation. That's all I was pointing out.
  • GoyetteQCGoyetteQC1,330,526
    Posted on 24 April 18 at 21:49
    Nice sale, a few cool indies here and there. Technomancer is dirt cheap as well.
    [Insert signature here.]
  • RadiantViperRadiantViper1,118,364
    Posted on 24 April 18 at 22:03
    J4CKA1 said:
    This implies I want to play most GwG titles laugh

Assassins Creed Syndicate is the first one in a long time that I've actually been interested in!
  • Posted on 24 April 18 at 22:54
    J4CKA1 said:
    Personally, I don't play a lot of games, but I sometimes see a game that I think might be fun. I love to watch these sales announcements, because I sometimes buy a fun-looking game that I might not have otherwise bought, if it weren't on sale. I don't play for scores, I just play for fun, on the rare occasions my busy schedule allows me to play games. Just from the past two months of sales, I now have a large backlog that I may or may not ever get to play, but I don't care, because at least I know I did not spend too much money on the games, and I know I have them, just in case I do have some "down time" and want to try them out. smile
  • J4CKA1J4CKA1335,277
    Posted on 24 April 18 at 23:42
    BloodGodAlucard said:
    Fair enough. That wasn't what you said though. In that regard, I agree. There's nothing this week that piques my interest. So I'm doing exactly that; playing games in my backlog.

Didn't mean to offend you. It's impossible to read unwritten subtext online. So you have to take people at their exact phrasing at times even it conflicts with a person's intention. If something isn't clear, it's open to inaccurate interpretation. That's all I was pointing out.
    No offense taken brother. It's all good.
  • Posted on 25 April 18 at 05:25
    Glad to see Jack the Ripper DLC on sale with Syndicate being free. But why is it on sale for $6 in one group and the other for $9?
  • RadiantViperRadiantViper1,118,364
    Posted on 25 April 18 at 05:31
    Llama For Hire said:
    Glad to see Jack the Ripper DLC on sale with Syndicate being free. But why is it on sale for $6 in one group and the other for $9?
    It's mislabelled, The season pass is $9.90 and includes Jack the Ripper DLC as well as other DLCs.
  • LadyNova01LadyNova01349,288
    Posted on 25 April 18 at 08:30
    Might end up picking up the Jack the Ripper DLC for AC Syndicate as I want to play that DLC and for € 6,- that seems like a pretty good price to return to this game again
    No emotion, that's what business is. If I start it I damn well finish it
  • BlackTiboBlackTibo686,763
    Posted on 25 April 18 at 08:38
    IRISH PATRIOT x said:
    BlackTibo said:
    IRISH PATRIOT x said:
    Jack the Ripper on sale! Just in time.
    The whole season pass was on sale past week, cheaper than Jack the Ripper this week...
    Where did you see that? I must have missed that because the last one I saw on sale was two weeks ago and it was the bundle for $9.90. Jack this week is $6.00.
    I bought the season pass €9.90 on April 17 during the DLC sale (started on April 10), as stated on my Microsoft account

But, I don't know why, the TA article (Xbox One Sale and Spring Add-On Roundup: April 10th, 2018) doesn't mention it. It only speaks about Jack The Ripper DLC. But on Xbox.com, the whole Season Pass was €9.90

For the record, in the TA article about the current sale (Xbox One Sale Roundup: April 24th, 2018) you have Jack The Ripper twice:
    - First one in the bundle section. It's €9.90 / $9.90
    - Second one in the DLC section. It's €6.00 / $6.00

The first one is mislabelled, it links to the season pass for $9.90
  • IcarusaelIcarusael708,452
    Posted on 25 April 18 at 14:02
    Technomancer is always on sale... is this game any good?
    Posted on 25 April 18 at 14:25
    Icarusael said:
    Technomancer is always on sale... is this game any good?
    It's a pretty decent budget RPG. If you like Spiders other game Bound by Flame, you'll probably like it. Or if you ever played Mars War Logs on XBLA. Technomancer takes place in the same universe and has some of the same characters as Mars War Logs.
  • Posted on 27 April 18 at 03:37, Edited on 27 April 18 at 04:25 by General E Swift
    Just an FYI this is the last chance to get the Paladins Founder Pack. The game is coming out of beta at the end of the month and the founder's pack will no longer be sold.
  • Living LegendsLiving Legends1,118,387
    Posted on 27 April 18 at 04:34
    spankyNspronkle said:
    BloodGodAlucard said:
    J4CKA1 said:
    It kind of makes sense in the idea that you don't need to buy games if you currently have ones to play. From a logical standpoint, it's a legit question.

However, achievement hunters are a different breed altogether. We inherently are collectors... we collect these worthless points that could one day be instantly gone. Similarly, we collect games... we buy things that will sit on our backlogs that are already 100+ games deep just to own them.
    Spot on. I don't know why I keep buying games or consoles but I just do.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads