Game Discussion: Viva Piñata: Trouble In Paradise Forum

Vision Camera

AuthorMessage
The Manic Moose
Posted on 27 April 18 at 14:47
Hi all

Now that the game is backwards compatible, if I play the game through Rare Replay which I understand is effectively the same as backwards compatible, how do I get my vision camera working?

I was under the impression the vision camera is not compatible with the xbox one?

Is the only way to unlock the achievements with the vision camera to get an xbox 360 copy of the game?

Thanks
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 27 April 18 at 15:21
Yes. The vision cam is NOT compatible with the Xbox One. If you want to use it to unlock achievements in Viva Piñata: Trouble In Paradise, you'll need to play on an Xbox 360.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 28 April 18 at 15:30
Also, keep in mind that owning Rare Replay, even digitally, only gives you access on the One. You'll need to find an actual 360 copy or own the 360 non-RR version digitally to do it.
#mentallypudding
YohaneLL
YohaneLL
Posted on 29 April 18 at 06:11
Wish they'd at least have tweaked it with it becoming backwards compatible to let you use the Kinect or something
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 29 April 18 at 12:58, Edited on 29 April 18 at 12:58 by Ahayzo
That's a lot more than a "tweak". You're talking about an entirely different imaging technology being coded into the game. It would have been nice, sure, but way more work than would have been reasonable.
#mentallypudding
Deadsh0tGG
Deadsh0tGG
Posted on 29 April 18 at 15:39
They could have changed the achievement requirements, like many other games do in similar circumstances! smile It would surely be super easy to implement.
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 29 April 18 at 16:45, Edited on 29 April 18 at 16:46 by Tatl360
It's not like the camera is hard to find though...
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 29 April 18 at 18:49
Deadsh0tGG said:
They could have changed the achievement requirements, like many other games do in similar circumstances! smile It would surely be super easy to implement.
I'd hardly say "many other games" do it. Especially when you talk about the 360, since the all-online system that the One uses for achievements is part what makes doing that as convenient as it is (note I said convenient, it is not easy unless they are already tracking the nee stat it unlocks from). Plus, you just run into that there isn't a good reason to change it.
#mentallypudding
Deadsh0tGG
Deadsh0tGG
Posted on 29 April 18 at 19:43
alklein92201 said:
Deadsh0tGG said:
I'd hardly say "many other games" do it. Especially when you talk about the 360, since the all-online system that the One uses for achievements is part what makes doing that as convenient as it is (note I said convenient, it is not easy unless they are already tracking the nee stat it unlocks from). Plus, you just run into that there isn't a good reason to change it.
Games like The Division, Halo MCC, Recore, #IDARB (the kinect achievements) have changed the requirements for some of their achievements. So, I thought they could do something like that with TiP (for example "Use a Pinata Card OR (insert a requirement of a similar difficulty that can be achieved on Xbox One). Of course, altering the actual game code to accommodate Kinect would be time consuming and more trouble. But then again, they still ask money for the game, so there is a reason to ask for something to be done with these two achievements (either changing the requirements or create a phone app to scan the cards).

Now, I made that post assuming the achievement system on 360 can be altered in a similar way like the One. Therefore, I may miss something.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 30 April 18 at 08:22
The game would need a title update to change an achievement on the 360, not worth doing unfortunately. With coding, testing, implementation etc it could easily end up taking a lot of time for something many people don't give a hoot about.
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
I8ITackyticsI8I
Posted on 30 April 18 at 11:45
Incidentally, if you can get a copy for 360 and play it with a vision camera, most of the achievements can be unlocked by just scanning things in. Makes it a significantly easier 1000g.
The Manic Moose
Posted on 01 May 18 at 11:38
Thanks for your responses. Looks like I'll have to get a 360 copy from somewhere!
SMacD up
SMacD up
Posted on 22 May 18 at 22:26
Is there a guide for how to get most of the achievements with the camera, or where to find the cards to use? I finished the tutorial, but I'd rather get through the 1000 as quickly as possible.
I8ITackyticsI8I
Posted on 24 May 18 at 11:41
http://www.mundorare.com/games/viva-pinata-trouble-in-paradi...

Just look at the walkthrough and some of the solutions for what you need to have in your garden and just scan it in - that's all there is to it.
lightsup55
lightsup55
Posted on 09 December 18 at 16:51, Edited on 09 December 18 at 16:57 by lightsup55
I have my Xbox Live Vision Camera plugged in on an Xbox 360 console and I own the game digitally, but the camera turns off after loading up the game. It was working while on the Xbox 360 Dashboard. I can also send messages to other Gamertags with a photo attached. This rules out any malfunction with the camera itself.

I've only recently started the game with about 5 achievements unlocked so far. I haven't done much in the game with my own garden. Do I need to level up or do something special to access the ability to take a photo using my Xbox Live Vision Camera?
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 09 December 18 at 18:13
You need to have finished the tutorial first, have you got that far?
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
lightsup55
lightsup55
Posted on 09 December 18 at 18:15
Elyoh said:
You need to have finished the tutorial first, have you got that far?
Probably not. I'll check into it.

Thanks for the reply.
Decaying Dead
Decaying Dead
Posted on 19 February 19 at 22:49, Edited on 20 February 19 at 01:51 by Decaying Dead
Just throwing this out there... does anyone have the 360 version and a camera they would be willing to rent out for like 2 days or sell? i know nobody with it and would rather not spend like $50 for the pair online just to make the achievements easier. I live in Toronto, Canada if that would make anyone consider it.

EDIT: i said screw it and bought the 360 game and camera. i wont want to keep them after i finish with them, so if anyone is wanting them i'd be willing to part with them for cheap.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.