Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Ranking The Top Five Call of Duty Campaigns

• wosmackwosmack566,721
    Posted on 28 April 18 at 23:10
    ugh black ops with all those stupid torturous cutscenes; i hated it so much. it should have been called epileptic seizure stimulator
  • Vex TwilleyVex Twilley246,181
    Posted on 28 April 18 at 23:11
    planting42 said:
    This makes me laugh

In 5 years...
    Member when CoD had a story?
    Yeah, fishy how it was taken out, eh?
    Agreed. Its lost its sole.
    Lost its sole what?
  • Kikoo123Kikoo123735,822
    Posted on 29 April 18 at 02:22
    All COD campaigns were good except for bo3, the story made no sense unless u researched it.
  • Posted on 29 April 18 at 02:42
    Black Ops 3 is easily one of the worst campaign stories ever, let alone Call of Duty.
  • Posted on 29 April 18 at 03:08
    XibitoLS said:
    Probably the only one that feels this but... Black Ops is my least favorite... shock
    Its funny, Ive played Blacks Ops 1 and 2 campaigns multiple times, but I cant remember anything about them ?? For me my fav of all time is Call of duty 2, then 2nd would be Modern Warfare, 3rd would be call of duty Black Ops 2, 4th would be Infinite, and if I could remember anything about them I might say COD 3, MW2 or
    MW3, but its been so long I cant remember. . . . . . OH! Whichever one had you fighting in the whitehouse and america was invaded, that was visually awesome.
    If at first you don't succeed, try even harder. Success or failure, the choice is up to you.
  • Posted on 29 April 18 at 03:11
    BqCaduceusMD said:
    The CoD publishers are not simply shooting themselves in the foot with this move; they are shooting themselves in the foot, cutting that foot off and burning it.
    Damn straight. I hope it bites them in the ass and in their share holdings.
    If at first you don't succeed, try even harder. Success or failure, the choice is up to you.
  • Posted on 29 April 18 at 05:11, Edited on 29 April 18 at 05:19 by thunderkiss92
    Black Ops has an amazing campaign. The psychological twists weren't something I would have anticipated in a COD game, but holy crap...it's amazing.

"I AM VIKTOR REZNOV!!!!"

Black Ops II's campaign is also good. Brought a few new twists to the story and spanned past and future type stuff. Seriously, that moment when you're up on the roof and you're told to take the shot at the hostage...but you just know something isn't right. And the music playing in the background just makes the feeling of unease even worse. And that's just one part of the whole game. The antagonist was actually interesting.

These two campaigns were solid. It took me ages to get around to playing them, but I'm glad that I did. I was blown away by them because I didn't expect anything like this from the corporate shill that this franchise has become.
  • Posted on 29 April 18 at 10:12
    There's campaigns?
    https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/363186--new-ideas/suggestions/31160404-pay-instantly-option-when-pre-ordering
  • AawesomAawesom156,333 156,333 GamerScore
    Posted on 29 April 18 at 13:24
    where is COD2 ffs? WW2 sucks, SJW campaign, no swastiska, black female in Wehrmacht? laughlaugh
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 29 April 18 at 14:09
    I don't consider myself a COD fan to say the least, but as far as the campaigns are concerned, most were pretty decent.
    I haven't played every single one of them, but from those I played, my top 5 are:
    1. Black Ops 2 (unpopular opinion, I know)
    2. Modern Warfare 2
    3. Call of Duty 4
    4. Black Ops
    5. World At War
    Achievement hunting in games I like, ignoring achievements in games I don't.
  • ChillzMasterChillzMaster238,789
    Posted on 29 April 18 at 15:05
    Cowadooty 2 was the best the series ever was. No contest.
  • NeoSm0keNeoSm0ke224,941
    Posted on 29 April 18 at 18:27
    1. Modern Warfare
    2. Modern Warfare 2
    3. Modern Warfare 3
    4/5. Ghosts or WW2. Undecided.

Modern Warfare series are definitely my top 3. I also look to my current game completion since I mainly play those games for the multiplayer and didn't show interest in the story mode until much later. I only completed the story mode only if I liked it.
  • J0SHtheJ0KERJ0SHtheJ0KER287,570
    Posted on 29 April 18 at 19:56
    Probably doesn't count as this is pre-achievement gaming but I always thought Call of Duty 2: Big Red One had the best campaign...
  • Posted on 29 April 18 at 20:33
    1) Modern Warfare 2
    2) Modern Warfare
    3) Black ops 1
    4) Black ops 2
    5) World at War

Honorable Mention : Infinite Warfare
  • Posted on 29 April 18 at 20:47
    Vesper Angel 89 said:
    COD 4 is my number one with MW2 close behind it as those 2 campaigns where amazing. It's just sad that MW3 didn't round it up in a good way

But imo any Black Ops campaign doesn't belong on this list as there just messy, Full of plot holes and there is no character development to keep you interested in the characters. Their basically card board cut outs that you fight alongside.

This is how my top 5 would be:

1. Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
    2. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
    3. Call of Duty World at War
    4. Call of Duty Ghosts
    5. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

Honorable Mention: Call of Duty Infinite Warfare (Great first campaign from Sledgehammer and Kevin Spacey just portrays just a amazing villian
    I think you meant advanced warfare for kevin spacey
  • Xenolith666Xenolith666679,908
    Posted on 29 April 18 at 22:57
    CoD4 tops my list.. I played Black Ops and barely remember it, but I remember 4!
  • Posted on 29 April 18 at 23:23
    Was an honorable mention really necessary for Infinite Warfare? There was nothing special at all about that game. A better honorable mention would've been MW3/BO2. BO2 had so much to do in the campaign.

Just cause the game was hated on by fans and turned out to only be 90% as bad as anticipated doesnt mean it had a good campaign by any means. Infinite Warfare was atrocious.

Coming from someone that owns every cod game/gameshared I feel like that means a fair bit. But to each their own I suppose, just don't be putting your agenda in the post.
  • AL1AL11,384,032
    Posted on 30 April 18 at 01:48
    I've always thought that the Infinity Ward titles had stronger campaigns and Treyarch had better MP, but just my opinion. For top 5, I'd go:

1 - CoD 4
    2 - MW2
    3 - CoD 2
    4 - CoD 3
    5 - MW3

Honorable mention goes to BO2, but not because it was good. My playthrough was done without audio, and the game was in Portuguese (long story). It made the game hilarious. All we could figure out was that we think Manuel Noriega had a magic shotgun, and you ended up fighting some guy's YouTube followers and then fight in a robot dog factory. One of these days I'll finally play it English and figure it out.
    Just a guy playing games.
  • Posted on 30 April 18 at 03:52, Edited on 30 April 18 at 03:53 by Musikfreak007
    I can dig this list. A lot of people liked Black Ops 2 I think, but I couldn't get into the story as much as previous installments. Also, I liked Ghosts more than it seemed like people did when it released.
    As long as Advanced Warfare is wayyyy down on the list, I would have had some level of agreement.
  • StuRedman80StuRedman80223,054
    Posted on 30 April 18 at 06:37
    5. CoD2
    4. AW
    3. Black Ops 1
    2. MW1
    1. Ghosts
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads