Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Ranking The Top Five Call of Duty Campaigns

• Posted on 30 April 18 at 08:53
    I like the Modern Warfare series' story. The Black Ops one is very well told, but the whole Tyler Durden crap at the end bugs me.
  • YaevenYaeven263,413
    Posted on 30 April 18 at 09:28
    Lost me at WaW only #5, WWII higher than it, and no CoD4.
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19772,100,809
    Posted on 30 April 18 at 09:37
    Have only played two CoD ever, and they both appear in the top five, can't say the stories stuck in my head though...
    Legohead 1977
  • Bors One EyeBors One Eye691,403
    Posted on 30 April 18 at 10:44
    WW2? Really? That shit was hackneyed together and was a paint-by-the-numbers exercise.

Dead civilians? Check.
    Get separated from your squad? Check.
    Witness horrors of war on unarmed prisoners? Check.
    Obligatory vehicle level? Check.
    Humanitarian officer vs jaded officer? Check.
    Obligatory stealth level? Check.

It had one shot at redemption and it blew it. The camp level might have been good had they gone all the way and made it a death camp. But no, it was a major cop out by having it be a work camp. Way to skirt the emotional depth, dev.
  • Posted on 30 April 18 at 11:40
    Yaeven said:
    CoD4 was listed as their #2 on the list.
  • spankyNspronklespankyNspronkle1,132,104
    Posted on 30 April 18 at 13:19
    Black Ops was the best multiplayer game IMO... I know that's probably an unpopular opinion, but that is the only reason it makes the list as I wasn't a huge fan of the story or the zombies.

As far as stories, MW and MW2 were the best of the bunch.

I think you can jumble around the list a bit from person to person, but most would probably find 3-4 of the top 5 to be in each others lists.
  • Rhhe82Rhhe82312,644
    Posted on 30 April 18 at 15:24
    Andrxxw said:
    People always complain about Mile High Club or No Fighting In The War Room from MW1 on veteran but those are incredibly easy when compared to 'Executive Orders' and 'S.O.G' from Black Ops.
    I have hardly touched CoD campaigns on veterans, but I have played a couple of missions in MWs and Black Ops 1. Last time was Black Ops 1, for some community contest on this site (probably UHH2), where one the missions I had to play was Executive Orders.

And man, I hated it. It took me two or three hours, and I just kept on thinking just how on earth would anyone enjoy this sort of abuse. Haven’t touched CoDs on veteran since the achievement for completing Executive Orders (and Vorkuta and whatever the first mission in the campaign was) popped.
  • Kuningatar VKuningatar V370,731
    Posted on 30 April 18 at 17:51
    1. COD MW
    2. COD Advanced Warfare
    3. COD Black ops 1
    4. COD Ghosts
    5. COD Infinity warfare or Black ops 2

WAW had good sp also but damn i remember Reichstag granade spam on veteran...
  • Posted on 30 April 18 at 19:21
    Living Legends said:
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    As you may have heard recently, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 seems set to release without a story mode this fall.
    Been confirmed to have been a rumor and all a hoax.
    Except that multiple respected gaming sites such as Polygon and Kotaku and Eurogamer have all independently confirmed that Black Ops 4 will not have a campaign.
  • Posted on 30 April 18 at 19:29
    Buttercup III said:
    Watch the Eight Thoughts video on it. The whole thing was a bunch of bs and if any of it was true it was information from like a year ago
    Ah yes, I'll trust the words of a Call of Duty YouTuber who says "I'm right because I'm right" over the reports of Polygon, Eurogamer and Kotaku, all of whom have independently confirmed that Black Ops 4 will not have a campaign AND who have a much more vested interest in telling the truth.
  • spankyNspronklespankyNspronkle1,132,104
    Posted on 30 April 18 at 19:34, Edited on 30 April 18 at 19:37 by spankyNspronkle
    FaintBunny352 said:
    Buttercup III said:
    Watch the Eight Thoughts video on it. The whole thing was a bunch of bs and if any of it was true it was information from like a year ago
    Ah yes, I'll trust the words of a Call of Duty YouTuber who says "I'm right because I'm right" over the reports of Polygon, Eurogamer and Kotaku, all of whom have independently confirmed that Black Ops 4 will not have a campaign AND who have a much more vested interest in telling the truth.
    They have a vested interest in getting views...It's the same thing.

I also think that it's even more unlikely that three different companies heard from three different sources, yet there still seems to be speculation on whether its rumor or not.
  • Vok 250Vok 250421,994
    Posted on 30 April 18 at 22:20
    Is WWII actually good or it is just on the list to pander? I hate to be that guy, but TA loves to put shiny new released on lists they have no business being on. I've kind of lost trust in their rankings.
  • CLOUDxBLACKCLOUDxBLACK461,368
    Posted on 30 April 18 at 22:33
    I can honestly sit well with the position of all these campaigns. I’ve never played infinite warfare I’m sure the campaign was fair but, black ops, modern warfare 1-2, and WII were my absolute favorites hands down.
    CLOUDxBLACK
  • Posted on 30 April 18 at 23:01
    I hate COD...
  • YaevenYaeven263,413
    Posted on 30 April 18 at 23:15
    JR1203 said:
    Yaeven said:
    CoD4 was listed as their #2 on the list.
    What the actual hell is wrong with me
  • Posted on 01 May 18 at 01:49
    spankyNspronkle said:

I also think that it's even more unlikely that three different companies heard from three different sources, yet there still seems to be speculation on whether its rumor or not.
    Not even the same. If a site like Kotaku, Polygon or Eurogamer reports something from their sources that they claim is a fact and is not, they lose any and all credibility, and with it, readership. People go to those sites to read video game related news, so you can bet they'll abandon ship if these websites report things as facts when it turns out to be false.

People go to YouTube to be entertained. YouTubers don't have nearly the same standards as websites like Polygon, Eurogamer or Kotaku, nor should they. Their primary goal is to be entertainers. So if a YouTuber reports something as fact, but it's not, it doesn't carry that much weight because they aren't this establishment with the expectation that they'll tell the truth.

Meanwhile, Kotaku, Eurogamer and Polygon are expected to tell the truth. So them reporting something as false is a really big deal, because we expect them to only report something if they can verify that what they say is right.

Jason Schreier of Kotaku has stated multiple times he will not report something unless he can corroborate with multiple sources, because you can and do get conflicting information. Same goes with Brian Crecente of Polygon and others at Eurogamer.

The only reason this is still regarded as 'speculation' is because the US has been having a war against news sites for some time, most notably with GamerGate and its complete misunderstands the purpose of 'anonymous sources', and because people don't want to believe it, so they won't unless Treyarch or Activision officially come out and fess up.

I mean, we could go all day. If this is indeed just 'rumors', why don't Activision and Treyarch just say "Actually, contrary to rumors and speculation, we have a working campaign."

Or here's this: Kotaku reported that they'd receive word from their sources that Camp Santo was acquired by Valve. Sure enough, Camp Santo confirms the report. Eurogamer reported about the Switch (such as its detachable controller) long before Nintendo announced it. Polygon reported about the Xbox One X (then codenamed Scorpio) back in May of 2016, long before Microsoft announced it.

The point being, these websites have a vested interest in only reporting things that they are confident are true. The fact that all 3 have independently confirmed that Black Ops 4 has no campaign...means that Black Ops 4 has no campaign.
  • Posted on 01 May 18 at 03:50
    FaintBunny352 said:
    spankyNspronkle said:

Not even the same. If a site like Kotaku, Polygon or Eurogamer reports something from their sources that they claim is a fact and is not, they lose any and all credibility, and with it, readership. People go to those sites to read video game related news, so you can bet they'll abandon ship if these websites report things as facts when it turns out to be false.

People go to YouTube to be entertained. YouTubers don't have nearly the same standards as websites like Polygon, Eurogamer or Kotaku, nor should they. Their primary goal is to be entertainers. So if a YouTuber reports something as fact, but it's not, it doesn't carry that much weight because they aren't this establishment with the expectation that they'll tell the truth.

Meanwhile, Kotaku, Eurogamer and Polygon are expected to tell the truth. So them reporting something as false is a really big deal, because we expect them to only report something if they can verify that what they say is right.

Jason Schreier of Kotaku has stated multiple times he will not report something unless he can corroborate with multiple sources, because you can and do get conflicting information. Same goes with Brian Crecente of Polygon and others at Eurogamer.

The only reason this is still regarded as 'speculation' is because the US has been having a war against news sites for some time, most notably with GamerGate and its complete misunderstands the purpose of 'anonymous sources', and because people don't want to believe it, so they won't unless Treyarch or Activision officially come out and fess up.

I mean, we could go all day. If this is indeed just 'rumors', why don't Activision and Treyarch just say "Actually, contrary to rumors and speculation, we have a working campaign."

Or here's this: Kotaku reported that they'd receive word from their sources that Camp Santo was acquired by Valve. Sure enough, Camp Santo confirms the report. Eurogamer reported about the Switch (such as its detachable controller) long before Nintendo announced it. Polygon reported about the Xbox One X (then codenamed Scorpio) back in May of 2016, long before Microsoft announced it.

The point being, these websites have a vested interest in only reporting things that they are confident are true. The fact that all 3 have independently confirmed that Black Ops 4 has no campaign...means that Black Ops 4 has no campaign.
    I didn't have time to say all this so I'm truly grateful that someone did. It's maddening these days how people just think they can decide all sources are equal and they're free to discredit anything simply because they don't want to believe it.
  • DarkusDarkus252,502
    Posted on 01 May 18 at 19:43
    I mostly play CoD for the campaign and then only really do the other bits to round out some of the achievements, so them not doing a campaign mode at all basically puts of off ever playing the game.

I haven't played all the different games but I'd probably go with;

1.CoD4 MW1
    2.Ghosts
    3.MW2
    4.Black Ops
    5.MW3
  • SubtleEel4SubtleEel4150,255
    Posted on 02 May 18 at 01:42, Edited on 02 May 18 at 01:42 by SubtleEel4
    I just finished the campaign for Infinite Warfare last week, and I thought it was great, far better than Advanced Warfare. Good story, and although I wasn't too into the spaceship combat, once I got used to it I didn't mind it.

I couldn't figure out why people hated it so much until I read this article. I guess it was just a bunch of crybabies whining before the game even came out.
  • ZemidekZemidek365,314
    Posted on 02 May 18 at 23:05
    Good read.
    I expected spoilers but glad there aren't any.
    Twitch.Tv/Zemidek
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads