The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: May 1st, 2018

  • Posted on 01 May 18 at 01:59Permalink
    GuardianAngelGG said:
    I bought "I, Hope" a few days ago, at the regular $9.99 price tag. I don't regret missing out on the sale, because, according to the description on the website, all profits go to charity. I think it is a really cute game, and I truly enjoy playing it, except for the fact that some of the challenges are much more challenging than I expected, so it is very difficult for a casual player who only plays video games once in a while. It would probably not be too difficult for someone who spends a lot of time playing video games, but it would probably still be challenging enough to not be too easy for someone who enjoys challenging games. I recommend it as a cute/fun game, but also for charitable reasons.

    This is a copy and paste from the Xbox website, in the description of "I, Hope".

    "Developed in partnership with hospitals and child researchers to have a poignant impact on the lives of children fighting cancer, "I, Hope" is also donating fully 100% of all sales to GameChanger Charity, an organization that supports children and families fighting cancer and other life-threatening illnesses."
    Thanks for sharing that info. That's pretty amazing. :)
  • Posted on 01 May 18 at 02:08Permalink
    thunderkiss92 said:
    GuardianAngelGG said:
    I bought "I, Hope" a few days ago, at the regular $9.99 price tag. I don't regret missing out on the sale, because, according to the description on the website, all profits go to charity. I think it is a really cute game, and I truly enjoy playing it, except for the fact that some of the challenges are much more challenging than I expected, so it is very difficult for a casual player who only plays video games once in a while. It would probably not be too difficult for someone who spends a lot of time playing video games, but it would probably still be challenging enough to not be too easy for someone who enjoys challenging games. I recommend it as a cute/fun game, but also for charitable reasons.

    This is a copy and paste from the Xbox website, in the description of "I, Hope".

    "Developed in partnership with hospitals and child researchers to have a poignant impact on the lives of children fighting cancer, "I, Hope" is also donating fully 100% of all sales to GameChanger Charity, an organization that supports children and families fighting cancer and other life-threatening illnesses."
    Thanks for sharing that info. That's pretty amazing. :)
    You're very welcome. I was happy to share that quote. I was very pleasantly surprised to see a video game where all of the profits go to charity. That was the main "tipping point" that persuaded me to buy the game, but it is also fun to play IMO. smile
  • Posted on 01 May 18 at 02:12, Edited on 01 May 18 at 02:13 by thunderkiss92Permalink
    GuardianAngelGG said:
    thunderkiss92 said:
    GuardianAngelGG said:
    I bought "I, Hope" a few days ago, at the regular $9.99 price tag. I don't regret missing out on the sale, because, according to the description on the website, all profits go to charity. I think it is a really cute game, and I truly enjoy playing it, except for the fact that some of the challenges are much more challenging than I expected, so it is very difficult for a casual player who only plays video games once in a while. It would probably not be too difficult for someone who spends a lot of time playing video games, but it would probably still be challenging enough to not be too easy for someone who enjoys challenging games. I recommend it as a cute/fun game, but also for charitable reasons.

    This is a copy and paste from the Xbox website, in the description of "I, Hope".

    "Developed in partnership with hospitals and child researchers to have a poignant impact on the lives of children fighting cancer, "I, Hope" is also donating fully 100% of all sales to GameChanger Charity, an organization that supports children and families fighting cancer and other life-threatening illnesses."
    Thanks for sharing that info. That's pretty amazing. :)
    You're very welcome. I was happy to share that quote. I was very pleasantly surprised to see a video game where all of the profits go to charity. That was the main "tipping point" that persuaded me to buy the game, but it is also fun to play IMO. smile
    I'll have to take a look at it. I didn't know it even existed before this point, to be honest. Would almost feel bad to pick it up in the sale now, even if it isn't discounted all that much. redface
  • The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,138,832
    Posted on 01 May 18 at 02:12Permalink
    Another "thank you" on the DLC labeling. toast
  • JBIovesJBIoves1,925,385
    Posted on 01 May 18 at 02:40Permalink
    If Edith Finch is one of the best games you’ve played in the last decade, you must not play many games.
  • Posted on 01 May 18 at 02:54Permalink
    THANK YOU FOR LISTING THE GAME WITH THE DLC!!!!
  • marksmango1dmarksmango1d156,695
    Posted on 01 May 18 at 03:05Permalink
    The battlefield 1 bundle is tempting
  • sanityendssanityends340,127
    Posted on 01 May 18 at 03:37Permalink
    Another ty for the DLC update. Been waiting on Fragments of Him to go on sale since release.
  • TropanTropan837,843
    Posted on 01 May 18 at 03:40Permalink
    Otouto72 said:
    Fragments of Him, Never Alone and Wheels of Aurelia are definate buys and I may take a chance on Overuled as well.
    All quick and easy completions, decent stories. Wheels of Aurelia gets pretty boring though with the 10+ replays, even if short.
  • adamrulzadamrulz393,411
    Posted on 01 May 18 at 03:43Permalink
    Mannschaft570 said:
    Never Alone + DLC looks interesting, nothing else caught my eye.
    Highly recommend Candleman (free DLC available as well for a cool 500 more gs)

    Typoman, As well!
  • Posted on 01 May 18 at 03:44Permalink
    Night in the Woods and Firewatch for me (been waiting on both of these for awhile)
  • flashisdoomflashisdoom169,365
    Posted on 01 May 18 at 03:51Permalink
    Hmm welp in the past since I wouldn't go past $4 per gamerscore games this sale would be a bust for me. But now I've raised it to $5 & I see a good amount of stuff here niice. Also nice change to include the game title for DLC. Much appreciated
  • FreshAspekFreshAspek391,359
    Posted on 01 May 18 at 03:53Permalink
    Anyone know anything about zazen? Looks like Kinect meditation. Any good? Relaxing?
  • Posted on 01 May 18 at 04:16Permalink
    Firewatch...Hmmm...I don't like "walking sims," however at that price and from what I've heard I may bite..maybe I,zombie..need a random simple game to play while I fall asleep lol few others on there I want but waiting for deeper sales..I.e. Celeste, Mulaka, Tacoma, & Edith Finch...
    Matthew
  • Posted on 01 May 18 at 04:43Permalink
    Probably nothing for me. Several of these already in the backlog.

    Thanks for labeling the add-ons.
  • Posted on 01 May 18 at 04:51Permalink
    Really want to get Celeste and Night in the Woods, and maybe Beatsplosion for Kinect, but will have to see how much of the backlog gets knocked down in the next week or so.
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 01 May 18 at 05:00Permalink
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    Firewatch...Hmmm...I don't like "walking sims," however at that price and from what I've heard I may bite..maybe I,zombie..need a random simple game to play while I fall asleep lol few others on there I want but waiting for deeper sales..I.e. Celeste, Mulaka, Tacoma, & Edith Finch...
    firewatch has a pretty good story what i remember
  • MaesenkoMaesenko296,665
    Posted on 01 May 18 at 05:26Permalink
    I will join the chorus of thank yous for readding the game title for the DLC. I know it was an issue when the site changed how they create the sales pages, so I'm really glad to see this return.

    As far as the sales themselves go, there are a couple I might finally pick up. Firewatch and Knee Deep are the first that come to mind. I'll have to see about the rest later.
    "I dig my hole, you build a wall..."
  • Posted on 01 May 18 at 05:33Permalink
    Grabbed Firewatch; I've been waiting for it to finally go on sale. Not sure if I'll get anything else.
  • PurplbaconPurplbacon490,256
    Posted on 01 May 18 at 06:03Permalink
    All the Indies I have... 50% off!
    All the Indies I want... 30% off!

    Never Fails.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.