The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: May 1st, 2018

AuthorMessage
thunderkiss92
thunderkiss92
Posted on 01 May 18 at 01:59
GuardianAngelGG said:
I bought "I, Hope" a few days ago, at the regular $9.99 price tag. I don't regret missing out on the sale, because, according to the description on the website, all profits go to charity. I think it is a really cute game, and I truly enjoy playing it, except for the fact that some of the challenges are much more challenging than I expected, so it is very difficult for a casual player who only plays video games once in a while. It would probably not be too difficult for someone who spends a lot of time playing video games, but it would probably still be challenging enough to not be too easy for someone who enjoys challenging games. I recommend it as a cute/fun game, but also for charitable reasons.

This is a copy and paste from the Xbox website, in the description of "I, Hope".

"Developed in partnership with hospitals and child researchers to have a poignant impact on the lives of children fighting cancer, "I, Hope" is also donating fully 100% of all sales to GameChanger Charity, an organization that supports children and families fighting cancer and other life-threatening illnesses."
Thanks for sharing that info. That's pretty amazing. :)
GuardianAngelGG
Posted on 01 May 18 at 02:08
thunderkiss92 said:
GuardianAngelGG said:
I bought "I, Hope" a few days ago, at the regular $9.99 price tag. I don't regret missing out on the sale, because, according to the description on the website, all profits go to charity. I think it is a really cute game, and I truly enjoy playing it, except for the fact that some of the challenges are much more challenging than I expected, so it is very difficult for a casual player who only plays video games once in a while. It would probably not be too difficult for someone who spends a lot of time playing video games, but it would probably still be challenging enough to not be too easy for someone who enjoys challenging games. I recommend it as a cute/fun game, but also for charitable reasons.

This is a copy and paste from the Xbox website, in the description of "I, Hope".

"Developed in partnership with hospitals and child researchers to have a poignant impact on the lives of children fighting cancer, "I, Hope" is also donating fully 100% of all sales to GameChanger Charity, an organization that supports children and families fighting cancer and other life-threatening illnesses."
You're very welcome. I was happy to share that quote. I was very pleasantly surprised to see a video game where all of the profits go to charity. That was the main "tipping point" that persuaded me to buy the game, but it is also fun to play IMO. smile
thunderkiss92
thunderkiss92
Posted on 01 May 18 at 02:12, Edited on 01 May 18 at 02:13 by thunderkiss92
GuardianAngelGG said:
thunderkiss92 said:
GuardianAngelGG said:

You're very welcome. I was happy to share that quote. I was very pleasantly surprised to see a video game where all of the profits go to charity. That was the main "tipping point" that persuaded me to buy the game, but it is also fun to play IMO. smile
I'll have to take a look at it. I didn't know it even existed before this point, to be honest. Would almost feel bad to pick it up in the sale now, even if it isn't discounted all that much. redface
The Globalizer
Posted on 01 May 18 at 02:12
Another "thank you" on the DLC labeling. toast
JBlovesTHBK
960,444 960,444 GamerScore
JBlovesTHBK
Posted on 01 May 18 at 02:40
If Edith Finch is one of the best games you’ve played in the last decade, you must not play many games.
the sconnie
the sconnie
Posted on 01 May 18 at 02:54
THANK YOU FOR LISTING THE GAME WITH THE DLC!!!!
marksmango1d
marksmango1d
Posted on 01 May 18 at 03:05
The battlefield 1 bundle is tempting
sanityends
sanityends
Posted on 01 May 18 at 03:37
Another ty for the DLC update. Been waiting on Fragments of Him to go on sale since release.
Tropan
Tropan
Posted on 01 May 18 at 03:40
Otouto72 said:
Fragments of Him, Never Alone and Wheels of Aurelia are definate buys and I may take a chance on Overuled as well.
All quick and easy completions, decent stories. Wheels of Aurelia gets pretty boring though with the 10+ replays, even if short.
adamrulz
adamrulz
Posted on 01 May 18 at 03:43
Mannschaft570 said:
Never Alone + DLC looks interesting, nothing else caught my eye.
Highly recommend Candleman (free DLC available as well for a cool 500 more gs)

Typoman, As well!
SquiSquiSquidio
Posted on 01 May 18 at 03:44
Night in the Woods and Firewatch for me (been waiting on both of these for awhile)
flash of chaos
Posted on 01 May 18 at 03:51
Hmm welp in the past since I wouldn't go past $4 per gamerscore games this sale would be a bust for me. But now I've raised it to $5 & I see a good amount of stuff here niice. Also nice change to include the game title for DLC. Much appreciated
FreshAspek
FreshAspek
Posted on 01 May 18 at 03:53
Anyone know anything about zazen? Looks like Kinect meditation. Any good? Relaxing?
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 01 May 18 at 04:16
Firewatch...Hmmm...I don't like "walking sims," however at that price and from what I've heard I may bite..maybe I,zombie..need a random simple game to play while I fall asleep lol few others on there I want but waiting for deeper sales..I.e. Celeste, Mulaka, Tacoma, & Edith Finch...
Matthew
XI AlphaMale IX
Posted on 01 May 18 at 04:43
Probably nothing for me. Several of these already in the backlog.

Thanks for labeling the add-ons.
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 01 May 18 at 04:51
Really want to get Celeste and Night in the Woods, and maybe Beatsplosion for Kinect, but will have to see how much of the backlog gets knocked down in the next week or so.
xONLYINHUMANxx
Posted on 01 May 18 at 05:00
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
Firewatch...Hmmm...I don't like "walking sims," however at that price and from what I've heard I may bite..maybe I,zombie..need a random simple game to play while I fall asleep lol few others on there I want but waiting for deeper sales..I.e. Celeste, Mulaka, Tacoma, & Edith Finch...
firewatch has a pretty good story what i remember
Maesenko
Maesenko
Posted on 01 May 18 at 05:26
I will join the chorus of thank yous for readding the game title for the DLC. I know it was an issue when the site changed how they create the sales pages, so I'm really glad to see this return.

As far as the sales themselves go, there are a couple I might finally pick up. Firewatch and Knee Deep are the first that come to mind. I'll have to see about the rest later.
"I dig my hole, you build a wall..."
Nox Mortiis
Nox Mortiis
Posted on 01 May 18 at 05:33
Grabbed Firewatch; I've been waiting for it to finally go on sale. Not sure if I'll get anything else.
Purplbacon
Purplbacon
Posted on 01 May 18 at 06:03
All the Indies I have... 50% off!
All the Indies I want... 30% off!

Never Fails.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.