The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: May 1st, 2018

AuthorMessage
Burning Karma
Burning Karma
Posted on 01 May 18 at 17:03
I'll join in and say thanks for the DLC labeling. Makes it so much easier to figure out what's what.

Probably going to pick up Firewatch and Fragments of Him. Eyeing that Battlefied 1 bundle too.
Bender 32y
Bender 32y
Posted on 01 May 18 at 17:06
After really enjoying Edith Finch, I've been more open to walking sims and I've been waiting for a deal like this for Firewatch. $5 sounds like a great price for a few good hours of entertainment.
Meszerus
Meszerus
Posted on 01 May 18 at 17:10
Adding the game title to the DLC listings is perfect, thank you!
FaintBunny352
FaintBunny352
Posted on 01 May 18 at 21:04
Firewatch and Edith Finch seem like good deals, as does Alien: Isolation.

Depending on your opinions of Infinite Warfare and MW Remastered, the Infinite Warfare Digital Deluxe Edition isn't a terrible deal, especially because Activision almost never lowers their prices (I mean, Black Ops is still around $20.00 so good luck getting any Call of Duty at a reasonable price bar a sale).

Battlefield 1 is a good deal. However, its biggest problem is that you'll be stuck with players who have played the games a ton, meaning they have more equipment than you and a lot more map experience. That to me is the hardest part about joining multiplayer games later. Sure, you get a good deal, but the playerbase is a lot lower and the players still left are those who have invested hundreds of hours into it.
bennjjee
bennjjee
Posted on 01 May 18 at 21:18
I, Hope doesn't appear to be available in the UK. I've probably missed something but I'd like to support this game if possible.
WithTheDawn
WithTheDawn
Posted on 01 May 18 at 21:36
Time to grab some Firewatch :)
thunderkiss92
thunderkiss92
Posted on 02 May 18 at 00:44, Edited on 02 May 18 at 00:47 by thunderkiss92
Evandalist said:
Is the bundled stuff that comes with Alien : Isolation worth the extra money from the standard version, or is it just meaningless cosmetics or whatever that don't help or add in any way to gameplay/achievement hunting?
The additional content does not have any achievements whatsoever, so if that's something that puts you off it's an easy choice. What you actually get are extra "missions" where you're tasked with doing something (sometimes multiple things) before exiting the stage, and all the while you've got to survive against the alien just like you do in the base game. You can usually get through each stage without doing the objectives, but the whole point is to get a decent score at the end, and each objective you miss docks you points. You get bonuses for clearing the stage without being seen, or without using weapons, etc. So basically it's a score-based challenge mode in bite-sized levels. Can't think of a better way to explain it.

There are one or two stages where you move in and out of a safe zone and try to survive through 20 objectives. Each successful objective grants you a reward (like a weapon or a helpful item) to help you keep surviving, as well as a bunch of points. You can choose to save your game but you get points removed for that. If you don't save, you have to start over. These levels are one of the best parts of the DLC's imo.

One of the stages has Sigourney Weaver reprising the role or Ripley (or at least, her voice) and you get to play through parts of the first Alien film. Honestly, if you're into the game at all (and the game is amazing!) or just an Alien fan in general, you should pay the extra money for the DLC. They're more than worth the extra cost.
KACG SoMM
KACG SoMM
Posted on 02 May 18 at 01:05
Another thanks for the names with the DLC! So very helpful! Thinking about firewatch for a good story. Anybody able to confirm if the story alone is worth $5?
TobyLinn
TobyLinn
Posted on 02 May 18 at 02:53
Nice, I picked up four new walking simulator type games that I've had my eye on a while now.

Also added some games to my wishlist for a future date.
Evandalist
Evandalist
Posted on 02 May 18 at 04:07
thunderkiss92 said:
Evandalist said:
Is the bundled stuff that comes with Alien : Isolation worth the extra money from the standard version, or is it just meaningless cosmetics or whatever that don't help or add in any way to gameplay/achievement hunting?
The additional content does not have any achievements whatsoever, so if that's something that puts you off it's an easy choice. What you actually get are extra "missions" where you're tasked with doing something (sometimes multiple things) before exiting the stage, and all the while you've got to survive against the alien just like you do in the base game. You can usually get through each stage without doing the objectives, but the whole point is to get a decent score at the end, and each objective you miss docks you points. You get bonuses for clearing the stage without being seen, or without using weapons, etc. So basically it's a score-based challenge mode in bite-sized levels. Can't think of a better way to explain it.

There are one or two stages where you move in and out of a safe zone and try to survive through 20 objectives. Each successful objective grants you a reward (like a weapon or a helpful item) to help you keep surviving, as well as a bunch of points. You can choose to save your game but you get points removed for that. If you don't save, you have to start over. These levels are one of the best parts of the DLC's imo.

One of the stages has Sigourney Weaver reprising the role or Ripley (or at least, her voice) and you get to play through parts of the first Alien film. Honestly, if you're into the game at all (and the game is amazing!) or just an Alien fan in general, you should pay the extra money for the DLC. They're more than worth the extra cost.
Definitely a fan of the film series. Thanks for the incredible detail of the DLC. I went ahead and purchased the full bundle as a result of this post. toast
Here lies a trite quote from somebody in history you might recognize. It's delightfully witty, yet concurrently incisive, and not at all pretentious.
Rhyolitic
Rhyolitic
Posted on 02 May 18 at 04:58
A couple of DLC items were missed in the game-labelling. Additional Gesture Bundle 2 and Deluxe Kit both should have a label for Monster Hunter World. Other than that, and the labelling of in-game currencies, it's pretty neat and a welcome change! clap
IRISH PATRIOT x
Posted on 02 May 18 at 12:55
Bender 32y said:
After really enjoying Edith Finch, I've been more open to walking sims and I've been waiting for a deal like this for Firewatch. $5 sounds like a great price for a few good hours of entertainment.
You won't be disappointed. Great game.
ShokuPanMike
ShokuPanMike
Posted on 02 May 18 at 22:16
I wonder, if I ever win the lottery will I still want to find a bargain in these sales?
Less work, more play!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.