Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Download Dark Souls: Remastered's Network Test Before May 8th

• KBop a dooKBop a doo415,330
  • ElyohElyoh1,100,923
    Posted on 02 May 18 at 06:19
    I thought the release was the 25th?
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • KBop a dooKBop a doo415,330
    Posted on 02 May 18 at 06:30
    Elyoh said:
    It is, thank you, that's my brain fart. Corrected now toast
  • ElyohElyoh1,100,923
    Posted on 02 May 18 at 06:32
    KBop a doo said:
    Elyoh said:
    It is, thank you, that's my brain fart. Corrected now toast
    I only noticed as the 25th happens to be my birthday as well laugh
  • Posted on 02 May 18 at 09:00
    I heard rumours that the co-op side of things was gonna be different than the original in some way, can't exacty remember how, but more like a constant co-op rather than the summoning until someone dies kind. Or atleast more easier to play with friends.

Can anyone comfirm/debunk this?
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19772,103,089
    Posted on 02 May 18 at 09:02
    Lord Von Chimp said:
    I heard rumours that the co-op side of things was gonna be different than the original in some way, can't exacty remember how, but more like a constant co-op rather than the summoning until someone dies kind. Or atleast more easier to play with friends.

I hope you're right...that might make the game interesting for me.
    Legohead 1977
  • BloodGodAlucardBloodGodAlucard2,372,903
    Posted on 02 May 18 at 10:21
    Lord Von Chimp said:

These are all of the differences / changes from Dark Souls to Dark Souls Remastered

Graphics

Dark Souls Remastered will have a 4K resolution with a compatible TV/monitor at 60fps on the Xbox One X, PS4 Pro and PC. It will display upscaled 4K resolution on PS4 Pro and Xbox One, while the PC version will be native 4K.
    PS4 and Xbox One – 1080p resolution at 60fps.
    On the Switch, it will have a 1080p resolution at 30fps when docked to TV, and 720p resolution at 30fps when in handheld mode.

Online Multiplayer

The maximum number of players online has increased from 4 to 6.
    The Dried Finger item will be needed to play with 6 players.
    The Dried Finger has been moved from the Painted World of Ariamis level to the Undead Burg merchant to be obtainable earlier in the game. The Dried Finger location in the Painted World has been replaced with a Twin Humanities item.
    Password Matchmaking is now available, similar to Dark Souls 3. When a player is summoned in Password Matchmaking the player level will be synced.
    It's now easier for friends to be matched with each other. When the guest player’s character level and weapon is higher than that of the host player, the level will be adjusted accordingly.
    Healing items will not be available during PvP with the exception of Estus Flasks. To prevent long and drawn out battles, the number of Estus Flasks is halved for phantoms.
    When a player defeats an invading phantom, their Estus Flask is restored.
    Players can turn on/off global matchmaking
    Players can now prevent matched Red Phantoms from seeing their “White Sign Soapstone” sign
    Players can no longer summon ally phantoms consecutively when in combat with enemy phantoms.
    In online play, players who are outside of the host’s parameter range will not be matched with each other (the players can still be matched via Password Matching).

Arena

3v3 and 6-player deathmatch have been added.
    Arena battles can also use Password Matching.
    Respawn points will be random.

Everything Else

Players can select the number of usable items, such as consumable souls or covenant items, to use instead of one at a time as in the original game.
    The number of languages has been increased to the number found in Dark Souls 3.
    A Bonfire has been added next to Vamos the Blacksmith.
    Covenants can be switched at Bonfires.
    Button configuration is available.
    Items will not automatically be registered into an item slot when picked up.
    When the up or down directional pad button is held down, the first item equipped will be selected.
    The online network has been changed from P2P to dedicated servers.
  • Posted on 02 May 18 at 10:39
    Thanks for that, just realised that I probs won't get to play anyways, won't be in much on either the 11th or 12th laugh kinda gutted. Will just have to wait until fill release
  • Rhhe82Rhhe82312,709
    Posted on 02 May 18 at 11:25
    BloodGodAlucard said:
    Everything Else

Players can select the number of usable items, such as consumable souls or covenant items, to use instead of one at a time as in the original game.
    The number of languages has been increased to the number found in Dark Souls 3.
    A Bonfire has been added next to Vamos the Blacksmith.
    Covenants can be switched at Bonfires.
    Button configuration is available.
    Items will not automatically be registered into an item slot when picked up.
    When the up or down directional pad button is held down, the first item equipped will be selected.
    The online network has been changed from P2P to dedicated servers.
    Although I pre-ordered DS1R immediatly as it became available, it being a good enough excuse to replay my favourite game of this century so far, I'm still feeling a bit disappointed by this. Total overhaul of Lost Izalith or a new area somewhere might have been too much to hope for anyway, I have no illusions about that, but options to shuffle items (like in Scholar of the First Sin), or the option to be "permanently gravelorded" would have been nice. Or the UI could have been made user-friendlier, or we could have been given omnidirectional rolls.

One thing though; Covenants can be switched at bonfires. Nice, but I seem to recall the cat covenant (or whatever it was, Forest Hunters?) being in the original such that you could only join it once, and if you ever left it, that was it. If you can conveniently just "switch covenants", would that mean that no penalties for abandoning a covenant are given?
  • BloodGodAlucardBloodGodAlucard2,372,903
    Posted on 02 May 18 at 11:40
    That's a good question. I'm not certain. I don't recall any of the devs every commenting on that specifically. I would assume since you can easily swap them now, they removed the penalties. But we won't know for sure until the game is released. Or maybe tweet the devs and ask? You might get a response.
  • Posted on 02 May 18 at 12:44
    Game of the last generation for me, so that pretty much means I have no choice but to play it all over again.....

I'm just finishing up DS2 SoTFS, and have DS3 in the queue to return to. Between those two and the remaster, that's probably my next 12 months gaming taken care of!
  • Posted on 02 May 18 at 18:08
    BloodGodAlucard said:
    That's a good question. I'm not certain. I don't recall any of the devs every commenting on that specifically. I would assume since you can easily swap them now, they removed the penalties. But we won't know for sure until the game is released. Or maybe tweet the devs and ask? You might get a response.
    We don't actually know which porting company is doing the developing. We know the Switch version is Virtuos, because of an Australian Classification Board entry listing them as such. It's rumored that QLOC was doing the other three versions (which would be nice) but my money's on it all being done by Virtuos. Makes no sense to use two port companies... and this definitely doesn't look like QLOC's work.
    I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo329,411
    Posted on 02 May 18 at 22:56
    No Gold membership so not testing for me, but can't wait to play this again. I might need some assistance to defeat Ornstein and Smough for the 3rd time though.
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
  • ZemidekZemidek373,696
    Posted on 02 May 18 at 23:10
    Only a 2-day test?
    Better clear my schedule.
    Twitch.Tv/Zemidek
  • AlphaSON1CAlphaSON1C1,824,768
    Posted on 03 May 18 at 05:00
    Downloading ...
    Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
  • GRAND NOBLEGRAND NOBLE460,774
    Posted on 03 May 18 at 05:58
    I'm excited to get this game (some day when it's on some sale).

But I'm also dreading going through this game again for the full 100% lol.

I Still want to know if the DLC will have achvs. I never played any.
    Leap Frog 2017 - 4x 6.4+ Ratio!! (Croaked on Day 29) -- www.instagram.com/grandnoble
  • NoHeroes94NoHeroes941,145,153
    Posted on 03 May 18 at 07:29
    Lord Von Chimp said:

I'm not a fan of co-op in most cased, but in souls/borne series this would be great (even if it wasn't permitted for NG+ or NG++) as newbies could get a helping hand from a friend. Could follow a scaling up difficulty model as per Cuphead.
  • ElyohElyoh1,100,923
    Posted on 03 May 18 at 09:32
    NoHeroes94 said:
    Lord Von Chimp said:

I'm not a fan of co-op in most cased, but in souls/borne series this would be great (even if it wasn't permitted for NG+ or NG++) as newbies could get a helping hand from a friend. Could follow a scaling up difficulty model as per Cuphead.
    How would Dark Souls scale up? Instead of dying in one hit you die when the enemy looks at you instead? laugh
  • Sera Di SiahSera Di Siah1,305,443
    Posted on 03 May 18 at 12:28
    So happy this will use the Souls 3 co-op password system! clap
    'Eyes up, Guardian'
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 03 May 18 at 17:11
    GRAND NOBLE said:
    I'm excited to get this game (some day when it's on some sale).

But I'm also dreading going through this game again for the full 100% lol.

I Still want to know if the DLC will have achvs. I never played any.
    I would assume the achievements would incorporate the dlc without making the list look much different. For example, they will probably have an achievement for finding all rings and that would include any rings in the dlc.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads