Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

The Best Xbox Platformer Games Available in 2018

• Elite1111111111Elite11111111111,156,983
    Posted on 03 May 18 at 19:11
    MathGuy42 said:
    MustKillMoWhee said:
    Anyone who likes 2D platformers should play Kalimba. That should absolutely be on this list.
    I tend to avoid games with difficult local co-op achievements. I don't have anyone else in my household who plays. Has anyone tried co-op platforming with the new Mixer Share Controller feature? Could this be a way to turn local co-op into network co-op?
    Oooo good point.
  • Posted on 03 May 18 at 22:01
    I really enjoyed both Hue and Portal 2.

Ori, Inside, and Unravel have been sitting in my backlog. I'll probably play Inside in the next month though.

Cuphead and Candleman I've been looking to buy via steep discount - given that there's already plenty to play right now.
  • AL1AL11,384,014
    Posted on 04 May 18 at 00:15
    I've tried to like Candleman a couple of times, but it hasn't clicked for me. Maybe the next time I try it'll work. headspin
    Just a guy playing games.
  • EyelemonEyelemon809,719
  • GuttapunkGuttapunk1,917,665
    Posted on 04 May 18 at 05:17
    "Best game of 2015, so far."

wait what, did my time machine work, WHAT YEAR IS IT
    D o g m A.
  • NerdrageXNerdrageX811,727
    Posted on 04 May 18 at 05:42
    OXN3 said:
    "Best game of 2015, so far."

wait what, did my time machine work, WHAT YEAR IS IT
    Why it's Christmas Day, sir!
  • Posted on 04 May 18 at 17:00
    Trials, Action Henk, Mirror's Edge. Absolutely can't go wrong. Not even a big platformer guy anymore and these three gave me countless hours of fun.
    Machinegryphon
  • uyadaddyssonuyadaddysson134,483
    Posted on 04 May 18 at 18:25
    I enjoyed strider but probably wouldn't be on this list
  • Posted on 04 May 18 at 20:09
    OldSchoolBlood said:
    My game of the year for 2017 was:
    "The Mummy Demastered"
    I see Noone has mentioned that one yet. If you like Metroidvania games, check out this under the radar gem.
    That was fantastic. Fun and easy 1k that was just challenging enough. With save exploits I was able to beat it on my first run without dying.
  • Paw McCatneyPaw McCatney1,124,851
    Posted on 04 May 18 at 23:17
    To add one puzzle platformer that I haven't seen mentioned, Thomas Was Alone was quite good.

What other Metroidvania games would you guys recommend that haven't been mentioned? I've played a decent amount, and own quite a few others that I haven't dived into yet, but just wondering if there's some I'm unaware of. Even an average one like Hunter's Legacy is still more appealing to me than a more critically acclaimed standard platformer like Unravel or Inside. I lose interest in those games rather quickly, as much as I want to enjoy them.

Might fire up Song of the Deep this weekend, which is not a traditional Metroidvania from what I've seen, but I know it has some similar elements, kinda like Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet.
  • Bizloc418Bizloc418197,436
    Posted on 05 May 18 at 14:24
    Nice job on the list and comments I am always looking for new platformers to play. Two I enjoyed but didn't see mentioned are So Many Me and Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm653,354
    Posted on 05 May 18 at 23:29
    Few genres have been as important to the history of gaming as platformers. From legendary icons like Mario and Sonic
    I'm sure you meant to include Sonic Mania at the top of the list. smile
  • C64 MatC64 Mat1,949,938
    Posted on 06 May 18 at 07:49
    Totally redundant article by this point.

It's like listing the best three episodes of Breaking Bad or Six Feet Under. Too much quality to choose from.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 May 18 at 08:16
    IDK about quality
    Remember why you're here is to inspire
  • Posted on 04 December 18 at 05:21
    ITT everyone asks why the games they like aren't in the article. roll
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads