Game Discussion: Halo: Reach

Grifball Boosting - Inheritor

• Posted on 03 May 18 at 18:17, Edited on 07 May 18 at 16:38 by BLAST KINETICPermalink
    Just putting out a call here for anyone who might be interested in Grifball cR boosting *past* the rank of Lt. Colonel. Since custom challenges were discontinued a few years back, Grifball is the fastest way to rank up and get those armory unlocks. I've been grinding my way to Inheritor for the last week or so (still a long way to go) and it always helps to have known entities that don't fuck everything up or screw the other team over.

One extra controller preferred; if we have 4 people + 4 guests we can fill out a full lobby. It's quite easy and you can be mostly AFK.

Message me or add me if interested!

Gt: BLAST KINETIC
    http://www.waivingentropy.com/
  • Posted on 05 May 18 at 23:01Permalink
    I am kinda curious why you would want to cheat boost your way to max rank on a nearly dead game, especially when there are no achievements involved past lt. colonel.
  • BabyishDuckBabyishDuck386,019
    Posted on 06 May 18 at 15:24Permalink
    Boosting max Rank via Griftball is a big slap in the face for those who got Inheritor legit. I enjoyed playing Griftball back in the day but now on this game it's impossible as every game I've played recently is just full of boosters.

Also Halo Reach is not dead in the slightest still gets around 2,000 - 3,000 every day over 7,000 players on a weekend.

I didn't even know people were bosting this game this hard.
  • Posted on 07 May 18 at 16:34, Edited on 07 May 18 at 16:44 by BLAST KINETICPermalink
    A few things to respond to here.

JungAndReckless said:
    I am kinda curious why you would want to cheat boost your way to max rank on a nearly dead game, especially when there are no achievements involved past lt. colonel.
    It's a good question. Personally for me a game's completion does not begin and end with achievements. To the extent possible I enjoy going for all the game has to offer, including max rank where possible. In truth, I probably won't make it to Inheritor; I'd just like to unlock a few dozen more items from the armory that I never managed to unlock back in 2010.

It's similar to how people go for 100% commendations in Reach and Halo 4. No gamerscore attached but a rare accomplishment nonetheless.

I'm also not doing Grifball exclusively. I play Firefight regularly and other activities when I can't get a good boosting lobby together.

BabyishDuck said:
    Boosting max Rank via Griftball is a big slap in the face for those who got Inheritor legit. I enjoyed playing Griftball back in the day but now on this game it's impossible as every game I've played recently is just full of boosters.
    While I agree with this in principle, for those of us coming back to the game at this late stage, Grifball boosting is really the only feasible way of reaching max rank in a reasonably timely manner. Remember that Bungie discontinued custom challenges and Waypoint challenges a few years back, which were the best ways to hit the daily cR limit.

Also, one of the reasons for this post in fact is to avoid ruining Grifball for people who enjoy it. What we typically do is fill a lobby with 4 people plus their 4 guests, so we're not interacting with the rest of the community at all. It's certainly true that trying to play Grifball legit these days is next to impossible, and I'd prefer not to contribute to the problem; hence organized boosting lobbies.

Lastly, this game is indeed far from dead. Firefight MM and Versus MM are still fairly active, no matter the time of day or week.
  • Posted on 08 May 18 at 02:43Permalink
    BLAST KINETIC said:
    A few things to respond to here.

JungAndReckless said:
    It's a good question. Personally for me a game's completion does not begin and end with achievements. To the extent possible I enjoy going for all the game has to offer, including max rank where possible. In truth, I probably won't make it to Inheritor; I'd just like to unlock a few dozen more items from the armory that I never managed to unlock back in 2010.

It's similar to how people go for 100% commendations in Reach and Halo 4. No gamerscore attached but a rare accomplishment nonetheless.

I'm also not doing Grifball exclusively. I play Firefight regularly and other activities when I can't get a good boosting lobby together.

BabyishDuck said:
    While I agree with this in principle, for those of us coming back to the game at this late stage, Grifball boosting is really the only feasible way of reaching max rank in a reasonably timely manner. Remember that Bungie discontinued custom challenges and Waypoint challenges a few years back, which were the best ways to hit the daily cR limit.

Also, one of the reasons for this post in fact is to avoid ruining Grifball for people who enjoy it. What we typically do is fill a lobby with 4 people plus their 4 guests, so we're not interacting with the rest of the community at all. It's certainly true that trying to play Grifball legit these days is next to impossible, and I'd prefer not to contribute to the problem; hence organized boosting lobbies.

Lastly, this game is indeed far from dead. Firefight MM and Versus MM are still fairly active, no matter the time of day or week.
    I figured you wanted to do it for the accomplishment, but to me it isn't an accomplishment to boost for anything, especially for max rank. I kinda feel like it cheapens the legitimate peoples accomplishments when you saturate the community with illegitimate inheritors. And yeah the game isn't officially dead, but I have had trouble finding invasion or infection games during the week. And few people take it seriously anymore. To each his own, just my two cents.
  • Posted on 08 May 18 at 13:50Permalink
    JungAndReckless said:
    I figured you wanted to do it for the accomplishment, but to me it isn't an accomplishment to boost for anything, especially for max rank. I kinda feel like it cheapens the legitimate peoples accomplishments when you saturate the community with illegitimate inheritors. And yeah the game isn't officially dead, but I have had trouble finding invasion or infection games during the week. And few people take it seriously anymore. To each his own, just my two cents.
    I do understand the sentiment behind your comment, but keep in mind what site you're on. This is a site tailor-made for boosters and achievement hunters looking for the path of least resistance toward gamerscore.

And I hate to break it to you, but the game is already saturated with illegitimate Inheritors. The vast, vast majority of Inheritors in Halo Reach did not attain their rank 100% legitimately. Most of them took great advantage of the many exploits uncovered over the years since the game's launch, many of which have been patched by now. Many others outright modded their accounts to get there and weren't banned for doing so.

To top it all off, Inheritor requires such a ridiculous amount of play time that it actually incentivizes boosting and the like. To actually get there legitimately in 2018 would take so much time as to be laughable. The only truly feasible way to reach Inheritor at this point is organized Grifball sessions. You don't have to like it or agree with it, but there it is.
  • Posted on 08 May 18 at 16:08Permalink
    BLAST KINETIC said:
    JungAndReckless said:
    I do understand the sentiment behind your comment, but keep in mind what site you're on. This is a site tailor-made for boosters and achievement hunters looking for the path of least resistance toward gamerscore.

And I hate to break it to you, but the game is already saturated with illegitimate Inheritors. The vast, vast majority of Inheritors in Halo Reach did not attain their rank 100% legitimately. Most of them took great advantage of the many exploits uncovered over the years since the game's launch, many of which have been patched by now. Many others outright modded their accounts to get there and weren't banned for doing so.

To top it all off, Inheritor requires such a ridiculous amount of play time that it actually incentivizes boosting and the like. To actually get there legitimately in 2018 would take so much time as to be laughable. The only truly feasible way to reach Inheritor at this point is organized Grifball sessions. You don't have to like it or agree with it, but there it is.
    Of course inheritor is a huge time investment, that’s why it’s an accomplishment. Of course many people are illegitimate inheritors, doesn’t make it right for you to add to the problem. If everyone’s doing something it doesn’t make it right. And I’m not singling you out, I detest all boosting on this website, even on old dead multiplayer games. I feel like if you missed out on an old games multiplayer achievements you don’t really have a right to boost some achievements and take away value from that particular achievement. Same logic I apply here. I also don’t see why it’s so unfeasible to get inheritor today, if all game modes are stocked with players. I got to either eclipse or nova on my other account in 2014ish and I only played matchmaking and did weekly challenges, both things that are still in the game. I’m obviously not going to convince you of anything, I just wanted to put it out there.
  • Posted on 08 May 18 at 19:13, Edited on 08 May 18 at 20:38 by BLAST KINETICPermalink
    JungAndReckless said:
    Of course inheritor is a huge time investment, that’s why it’s an accomplishment. Of course many people are illegitimate inheritors, doesn’t make it right for you to add to the problem. If everyone’s doing something it doesn’t make it right. And I’m not singling you out, I detest all boosting on this website, even on old dead multiplayer games. I feel like if you missed out on an old games multiplayer achievements you don’t really have a right to boost some achievements and take away value from that particular achievement. Same logic I apply here. I also don’t see why it’s so unfeasible to get inheritor today, if all game modes are stocked with players. I got to either eclipse or nova on my other account in 2014ish and I only played matchmaking and did weekly challenges, both things that are still in the game. I’m obviously not going to convince you of anything, I just wanted to put it out there.
    Right, so it sounds like you're against boosting as a matter of principle, and that's fine. But I would think you're on the wrong website if you want to bark up that tree. An anti-boosting crusade is likely to fall on deaf ears here, IJS.

That said, I do understand where you're coming from in that boosting achievements dilutes the TA ratio and value of those achievements. But at the same time, there are several games whose online/multiplayer achievements are all but unattainable outside of organized boosting sessions (hence the appeal behind this and other websites).

And I find it a little strange to say people "don't have a right" to boost for them. You're saying a large portion of what this site provides shouldn't exist? I mean, if it weren't for boosting sessions I doubt this site would be as active as it is. I suppose I'm honestly not sure why you're a member here if you're fundamentally against what it offers.

As for Reach in particular, all I can say is that if you were to not play Grifball, it would take an inordinate amount of time to reach anywhere close to Inheritor, unless you were to play nothing but this game for months on end 10+ hours a day. This video breaks the scale of this task down:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ei27JyoPso

I also have a (maybe irrational) fear that the servers will close down before I get there. If that happened, I would have to resort to offline methods, which is so much of a joke as to not be worth the time. See below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oshu0v-d_c
  • SCJ4SCJ4120,032
    Posted on 31 May 18 at 13:48Permalink
    Have you reached inheritor yet?
  • Posted on 18 June 19 at 15:34, Edited on 19 June 19 at 12:41 by BLAST KINETICPermalink
    Putting out another call for possible Grifball boosting partners. I'm currently at Noble (coming up on Eclipse), and all of the people I usually boost with have either already reached Inheritor or are unable to boost for the summer.

Note that only two people are required but it does require one alt account each. I have two free XBL codes, one for 14 days and another for 3 days, which should help you get things started.

For those who don't know, here's what you'll need:

-2 consoles (e.g., 2 Xbox 360s, 2 Xbox Ones, or one of each)
    -4 controllers total across both consoles
    -2 copies of Reach
    -A second XBL account

Feel free to PM me on XBL or reply here!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.