The Council Walkthrough Discussion

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 05 May 18 at 21:46
Please use this thread to discuss the The Council walkthrough
InjuryProne19
InjuryProne19
Posted on 06 May 18 at 02:00
Hey fellow walkthrough users!

I am InjuryProne19 and I have volunteered to write this walkthrough for you. With my schedule I should be done within a couple weeks. I will post updates in this thread as I progress. If you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to post below.

Thanks
SDREW44
SDREW44
Posted on 06 May 18 at 06:56
Really excited for this walkthrough!! headspin
InjuryProne19
InjuryProne19
Posted on 07 May 18 at 01:40
Thanks SDREW44!
InjuryProne19
InjuryProne19
Posted on 14 May 18 at 18:27
UPDATE!

Road mapped most of Episode 1. Just need to play through to fill in gaps, cover some gameplay sections and explain the RPG system and the consumables. Then I will play through with a second account for testing and proofread.
Finally have some free time next few days and hope to have Episode 1 submitted for review by the end of this week. Episode 2 releases shortly and will try to write and submit that, as well as the remaining episodes, in a timely manner.
InjuryProne19
InjuryProne19
Posted on 19 May 18 at 10:32
Submitted for review! Thanks for waiting wave
Information Posted on 20 May 18 at 13:44
The walkthrough has now been published.

You can find it here: The Council Walkthrough
reforc3
reforc3
Posted on 16 July 18 at 03:50
You mention quest 2 instead of episode 2 in the end of the guide :P

but thanks for the nice guide :)
InjuryProne19
InjuryProne19
Posted on 18 July 18 at 13:18
reforc3,
Thanks for catching that! smile
That Guy086
That Guy086
Posted on 27 July 18 at 17:25
Episode 3 launched
SiegfriedX
SiegfriedX
Posted on 23 September 18 at 06:01
Are you still working on this InjuryProne19? I plan to get this game and play through it when the last episode launches and I was wondering if you still plan to cover all episodes?
InjuryProne19
InjuryProne19
Posted on 04 October 18 at 14:43
Apologies for the late reply and long period of lack of activity. I have been very busy and real life has gotten in the way. I do plan on completing the guide. Admittedly I have not been in a big rush since achievement-wise all episodes other than the first are straightforward.

Have some time this weekend so I'll try to get Episode 2, and maybe 3, written and published.
SiegfriedX
SiegfriedX
Posted on 23 November 18 at 16:24
Well, your answer already helps me a lot. Since I have no idea how everything works in this game, I was afraid I would need a full guide to get max level or the other episodes achievements.

Thanks for your work making this guide! Appreciated, I have a ton of stuff to play so I almost certainly will end up playing this after you're done. laugh
Gerbasgamer
Gerbasgamer
Posted on 12 December 18 at 20:15
I'm currently playing it and noticed some things:

1. In Quest 1 you wrote: "After completing each quest you will be given four more skill points to apply." That's not true. You get 4 skill points for every level up. Experience can only be aqcuired once the quest is over, so you might or might not level up at the end of a quest. It's not guaranteed.

2. I did everything as you said but didn't even make it to Level 3 to assign any new experience points at the end of quest 2. So either you need to get into a little more detail here or simply rewrite the part "Apply your Skill Points again. At this point you should have 8 or 9 skills at Level 1." because that's not guaranteed to happen. After reading a bit further it seems to still be possible to get the related achievement, but you might still consider to change it, as people could get nervous about that.

3. I could not get the "Starter, main dish and coffee" achievement, since I had a full effort bar throughout (and no I didn't use a consumable before up to this point). Therefore I can't use the last consumable.
I don't see how "[...] and if you used any effort points hold cn_down to use your fourth consumable." is any helpful in that regard. You should put that at the beginning and not shortly before the quest is over and you can't get it anymore.
InjuryProne19
InjuryProne19
Posted on 23 December 18 at 05:21
Due to lack of time I am giving up the guide. The Walkthrough Assistant has been informed.

My goal for this walkthrough was to write it in a way where the player could make as many of their own preferred choices as possible while still directing them to each achievement. I thought I achieved this with my guide for Episode 1 but apparently not. There are also many variables in the game between consumables, manuscripts, decisions and game paths that a strictly linear, black and white walkthrough would be best to appease the masses and that's not what I want to do for this type of game. I have been inactive on this guide for long enough that it is time to step aside for someone else to try it. Thanks.
Rista B
Rista B
Posted on 13 May 19 at 14:01
For anyone that is looking for some additional walkthrough assistance there is a concise guide for the remaining episodes available in the forums on Steam which I found helpful.
Remember Philando Castile, a fellow gamer, a human being, Rest in Peace
calicchio77
Posted on 16 May 19 at 20:58
Hi,

I would like to suggest a minor modification to help people using this walk-thru:

Before each quest, add a "what would be helpful before start" so people could plan accordingly.

For instance, on Quest 3: Wines and Cannons
There is a opportunity with miss Adams that if you don't have questioning, you won't be able to execute. Knowing that, people could put points in questioning before start the Quest 3.

I'm following your wt and it's helping a lot! Thank you!!!
Iceberg082006
Iceberg082006
Posted on 06 July 19 at 01:05
any updates on this?
Iceberg Right Ahead
Dang3R Gaming
Dang3R Gaming
Posted on 06 July 19 at 05:38
If you see the last post by the owner, he won’t be finishing it himself. So it needs someone else to finish it off.
Iceberg082006
Iceberg082006
Posted on 07 July 19 at 05:42
Dang3R Gaming said:
If you see the last post by the owner, he won’t be finishing it himself. So it needs someone else to finish it off.
that's what im asking. if we have any updates on a new owner
Iceberg Right Ahead
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.