The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: May 8th, 2018

AuthorMessage
ICE Faux Pirate
Posted on 08 May 18 at 16:15
ChuggyBeggs said:
My prediction is that Just Cause 3 is gonna go GwG shortly, they trying to eek out the last dollars out of it before everyone says "damn, bought that on sale, not played it yet"
I've been thinking the same thing. It's been on sale several times since Christmas, dropping in price each time. I'll be waiting for the GWG version fo sho.

It's a good time to buy the DLC for super cheap though, that way I already have it when the game goes free.
Doc, Doc, noose
poochz0rz
poochz0rz
Posted on 08 May 18 at 16:24
Tendoman77 said:
Finally, mentioning what games the DLCs are for, that a massive step in the right direction for TA!
Yes, thank you so much. I'll take redundancy like "Farming Simulator 15 - JCB for Farming Simulator 15" than nothing it all. TA QOL just went way up! smile
Q u 4 lK e
Q u 4 lK e
Posted on 08 May 18 at 16:30
Aaero is soooo good. Def getting the D&B pack now.
Nox Mortiis
Nox Mortiis
Posted on 08 May 18 at 16:39
ChuggyBeggs said:
My prediction is that Just Cause 3 is gonna go GwG shortly, they trying to eek out the last dollars out of it before everyone says "damn, bought that on sale, not played it yet"
You just convinced me not to buy it. Plus it goes on sale all the time, so if it still hasn't been GwG months from now, I could just buy it then. laugh
Crimson Drifter
Posted on 08 May 18 at 16:51
Nothing shines out to me that i dont already have. Need to curb my spending a bit anyway lol
Your achievements are belong to us!
HallowedClock8
Posted on 08 May 18 at 17:04
Seasons after fall and Guardians of the Galaxy(Telltale) for me compute
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 08 May 18 at 17:19
How’s the Telltale GoTG game?
Elite1111111111
Posted on 08 May 18 at 17:22
Q u 4 lK e said:
Aaero is soooo good. Def getting the D&B pack now.
Yeah I was just recently looking over the music genre for games and Aaero caught my eye. Most likely gonna pick it up with the DLC.
DrunkenSaMuRaii
Posted on 08 May 18 at 17:24
uyadaddysson said:
DrunkenSaMuRaii said:
Just curious if anyone else didnt get a wishlist notification this morning?
I have a few games part of this sale on my wishlist and didnt receive a message like usual.
I didnt get a notification either. Its not in my inbox here either
Thanks for posting i have now heard a few people have had this problem.
Aeon Commando
Aeon Commando
Posted on 08 May 18 at 18:19
A4TH BrokenHalo said:
The Technomancer has been on sale for that price many times. Anyone thinking that it may drop below that price? I feel like it's like Recore in which no matter how many times it's on sale, it'll never drop below that price.

Can anyone personally recommend the game as being worth it?
Me! Technomancer has fun gameplay; it's punishing and a bit wonky. Do not mash! The game aesthetic would appeal to those who appreciate low quality sci-fi; like, you know it's going to be bad but you can't deny your affinity and subject yourself regardless. Completion requires a few playthroughs. The game-world did a fair job immersing the player with mystic electric powers, mutants, politics, factions, and street/thug-life on Mars. That 10-spot should yield about 60+ hours of entertainment.

I recommend it for a relatively quick sci-fi action rpg.

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
IronMonkey415
IronMonkey415
Posted on 08 May 18 at 20:09
I hope Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom is a fun little game. I just bought it and will play it when I get a chance.
The Killjoy Law
Posted on 08 May 18 at 20:21
Any if the dlc needed for ark?
MVPVincent
MVPVincent
Posted on 08 May 18 at 20:57
The Killjoy Law said:
Any if the dlc needed for ark?
If you're going for achievements, you don't need to buy DLC. The extra 500 gamerscore in ARK is a Title Update.
Chuck710Taylor
Posted on 08 May 18 at 21:08
Might be a good time to grab guardians from telltale. Gotta keep the marvel train fresh.
A4TH BrokenHalo
Posted on 08 May 18 at 21:09
Aeon Commando said:
A4TH BrokenHalo said:
The Technomancer has been on sale for that price many times. Anyone thinking that it may drop below that price? I feel like it's like Recore in which no matter how many times it's on sale, it'll never drop below that price.

Can anyone personally recommend the game as being worth it?
Me! Technomancer has fun gameplay; it's punishing and a bit wonky. Do not mash! The game aesthetic would appeal to those who appreciate low quality sci-fi; like, you know it's going to be bad but you can't deny your affinity and subject yourself regardless. Completion requires a few playthroughs. The game-world did a fair job immersing the player with mystic electric powers, mutants, politics, factions, and street/thug-life on Mars. That 10-spot should yield about 60+ hours of entertainment.

I recommend it for a relatively quick sci-fi action rpg.

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
Thanks a lot! Maybe I'll go on and pick it up this go around. Hopefully the price doesn't drop before I get to play it.
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 08 May 18 at 21:27
Maybe I'll finally get Claybook. Would also love QUBE 2 but I feel it will drop in price a lot more eventually.
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 08 May 18 at 22:18
Anihilingus said:
Is Mordheim: City of the Damned worth it?
Depends. It's hard in a kind of frustrating way but the strategy and team building is pretty enjoyable. Like the gameplay itself is pretty good, if a bit on the repetitive side, but the developers chose the lazies, stupidest way of making the game difficult - enemies basically "level up" to match your team. It's impossible to ever outmaneuver them via team building due to this.

Also the community are a bunch of slavering yes men for the developers so if you go to seek any feedback / tips on any of your issues with the game you have to wade through lots of "you just don't get it" sorta responses. It's kind of like the Anti-Dark Souls community. Less "git gud and here's how" and more smug.
Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
XI AlphaMale IX
Posted on 08 May 18 at 23:28
Thumper! Yes!
TenFootBunny
TenFootBunny
Posted on 09 May 18 at 00:32
Nox Mortiis said:
ChuggyBeggs said:
You just convinced me not to buy it. Plus it goes on sale all the time, so if it still hasn't been GwG months from now, I could just buy it then. laugh
Plus, Just Cause 2 was a GwG in the past, so there IS a precedent here. wink
Nox Mortiis
Nox Mortiis
Posted on 09 May 18 at 05:51
Well, I eneded up getting Shiness and Divinity on the strength of some recommendations from friends, so I hope they're good.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.