The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: May 8th, 2018

  • TheAnonymityTheAnonymity431,661
    Posted on 09 May 18 at 08:12Permalink
    if only the microsoft store was this well organized...
    S.T.A.R.S.
  • InfamousInfamous1,109,879
    Posted on 09 May 18 at 09:34Permalink
    Really want The Sims 4 but I'm convinced as soon as I buy it it's going on EA Access..
  • TVippyTVippy29,291
    Posted on 09 May 18 at 13:01Permalink
    Xbox GamePass was just a $1 for a minute a few hours ago? Was alerted, but the price is at $10 now.
    I don't play games very often. :( If you have a close GamerScore, add me! We'll compete. :)
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm374,861
    Posted on 09 May 18 at 13:07Permalink
    Doesn't strike me as a Mother's Day Sale. facepalm
  • Posted on 09 May 18 at 14:13Permalink
    Infamous said:
    Really want The Sims 4 but I'm convinced as soon as I buy it it's going on EA Access..
    I forgot about EA Access. Yeah, I'd wait if I were you.
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv532,128
    Posted on 09 May 18 at 21:51, Edited on 09 May 18 at 21:52 by SchinderdivPermalink
    Is The Curse of the Pharaohs and The Hidden Ones DLC for Assassin's Creed Origins worth 25% off, or is it worth waiting for a better deal? I like how they're on sale separately as I don't particularly care for the additional season pass content.

    I haven't started the game yet either, but probably will soon.
    Streets Ahead
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead536,572
    Posted on 09 May 18 at 23:52, Edited on 09 May 18 at 23:53 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    XenomorphFiend said:
    Is The Curse of the Pharaohs and The Hidden Ones DLC for Assassin's Creed Origins worth 25% off, or is it worth waiting for a better deal? I like how they're on sale separately as I don't particularly care for the additional season pass content.
    That's a good point worth thinking about.
    $35.99 + $14.99 + $7.49 = $58.47 compared with $59.99 for Gold Edition.
    I guess the actual question is if alll the extra crap in the Season Pass + Deluxe is worth $1.52.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483214,299
    Posted on 10 May 18 at 00:07Permalink
    Wasn't going to bother with anything as I'm on a self-imposed spending ban (my backlog is big enough already lol) but after seeing the indie bundle and the 2 games included being cheaper if bought separately, it got me looking into them. Not too fussed about Shiness but Seasons After Fall has grabbed my attention - looks like a nice little game. Can anyone recommend it? I mean for £4 I might just get it anyway.
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • Posted on 10 May 18 at 00:22Permalink
    I was hoping for new batman game by telltale would be on sale. I want to play season 2.
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv532,128
    Posted on 10 May 18 at 00:40Permalink
    HolyHalfDead said:
    XenomorphFiend said:
    Is The Curse of the Pharaohs and The Hidden Ones DLC for Assassin's Creed Origins worth 25% off, or is it worth waiting for a better deal? I like how they're on sale separately as I don't particularly care for the additional season pass content.
    That's a good point worth thinking about.
    $35.99 + $14.99 + $7.49 = $58.47 compared with $59.99 for Gold Edition.
    I guess the actual question is if alll the extra crap in the Season Pass + Deluxe is worth $1.52.
    Well, I already have the game (picked up a physical copy for $25 a few months back).
    Streets Ahead
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv532,128
    Posted on 10 May 18 at 00:42Permalink
    Stevo6483 said:
    Seasons After Fall has grabbed my attention - looks like a nice little game. Can anyone recommend it? I mean for £4 I might just get it anyway.
    I can recommend it. Only takes about 7-8 hours if I recall, but I enjoyed that time enough. It was a nice, relaxing game that didn't frustrate me even once.
    Streets Ahead
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic404,804
    Posted on 10 May 18 at 02:27Permalink
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Rhyolitic said:
    I wonder if Xcom 2 complete is ever going to go more than 50% off or if I should just suck it up and get it already.
    XCOM 2 has been out for over 18 months now, so I expect it to drop from it's $60 release price soon. Often this happens right after a sale. So whilst it may not go more than 50% off, when the base game drops to $30, Complete will drop to $60 and 50% off $60 is $30 :) Fallout 4 Complete has dropped to $60, so it is now $30 when it is on sale (which includes the $50 Season Pass).

    If you have nothing to play right now then get it for $50, but if you have something to keep you busy then play the waiting game - for me that is until Black Friday and failing that Countdown to 2019.
    See, the thing is, Xcom 2 has been on sale a bunch of times, both on XBL and PSN. I don't think I've seen the collection go below $50 on either. The base game itself is still listing at $30 for a physical copy new, and that's without any of the DLC. Even at a year and a half out, that base is still pretty high. And didn't War of the Chosen just come out like late last year? One would hope that at some point, it would come down a bit further, maybe like you said in the BF/Cto2019 time frame.

    I'm not hurting for games at this point, haven hardly touched any of my PS4 stuff plus a plethora of XB stuff, but who knows when I'll get the itch to do some turn-based alien slaughtering. It'll undoubtedly be on sale again in the future, so even if I don't get it now, it'll be around again.
  • Posted on 10 May 18 at 03:28Permalink
    Is The Technomancer ever NOT on sale? For $13.74 I might just pick it up anyway. Has anyone played it? Any opinions on it?
  • Posted on 10 May 18 at 05:15Permalink
    Stevo6483 said:
    Wasn't going to bother with anything as I'm on a self-imposed spending ban (my backlog is big enough already lol) but after seeing the indie bundle and the 2 games included being cheaper if bought separately, it got me looking into them. Not too fussed about Shiness but Seasons After Fall has grabbed my attention - looks like a nice little game. Can anyone recommend it? I mean for £4 I might just get it anyway.
    Definitely recommend. Beautiful art style. Very relaxing. I would def. take a look at the guide, cause you can get turned around pretty easily. Anywho, great game!! Hope you like it, if your pick it up!
    Matthew
  • misfit119misfit119940,991
    Posted on 10 May 18 at 17:41Permalink
    MOFOwhosinchrge said:
    Is The Technomancer ever NOT on sale? For $13.74 I might just pick it up anyway. Has anyone played it? Any opinions on it?
    It's got some solid gameplay and good character customization. You can really make your own build, whether it's melee, ranged, "magic" or hybrid, as you choose. The story is also pretty well written. But difficulty level is pretty stupid - insultingly easy in some areas and aggravatingly difficult in others. Like one of the hardest fights in the game is the first boss fight. Why? Because derp. It's a problem that persists throughout the game. Otherwise it's basically an average game.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • shanecipshanecip307,409
    Posted on 12 May 18 at 02:03Permalink
    I enjoyed playing through the previous one and been waiting for 3 to drop down to a good price. It pretty much seems like a no brainer to pick it up. Especially since all of the DLC is included. How is Just Cause 3 in general? Is it on par or better than 2?
  • Posted on 12 May 18 at 03:26Permalink
    I was on another out of state trip, for the past few days. I missed this when it was originally posted, but now it looks like I need to blow some more money on sales, in the hopes I may someday get time to play some of them! laugh

    I have been getting a bunch of these Assassin's Creed games on sale, because they look like fun games and a lot of people seem to like them. If I start playing them, and find out I don't even like them, then I am going to be pretty upset with myself! LOL headspin
  • Posted on 15 May 18 at 21:22Permalink
    misfit119 said:
    Like one of the hardest fights in the game is the first boss fight. Why? Because derp.
    laughlaugh
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.