Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

New Xbox Releases: Week Beginning May 7th, 2018

• punkyliarpunkyliar211,513
  • Posted on 08 May 18 at 10:57
    Yes, death road to Canada is back.clap
  • Posted on 08 May 18 at 11:05
    Marc Antoine110 said:
    Yes, death road to Canada is back.clap
    Looking forward to this as well
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19771,209,976
    Posted on 08 May 18 at 11:34
    Quite a few I like the look of this week.
    Legohead 1977
  • Posted on 08 May 18 at 13:23
    Since AO Tennis has been republished under the AO International Tennis name, does it gets to keep the same achievement list or those will be two separated ones ? Just to know now so I can buy the original AO Tennis and play it offline.
    Case Closed so don't debate it.
  • Posted on 08 May 18 at 14:00
    How can I play Subaeria with a protagonist named Styx when I already have STYX in my life???
  • pezboybenpezboyben673,938
    Posted on 08 May 18 at 14:23
    I feel like I need Zombie Pinball in my life.
  • punkyliarpunkyliar211,513
    Posted on 08 May 18 at 14:31
    Ashe Arthur said:
    Since AO Tennis has been republished under the AO International Tennis name, does it gets to keep the same achievement list or those will be two separated ones ? Just to know now so I can buy the original AO Tennis and play it offline.
    It'll be the same list. It's also the same product page on the Xbox Store. Players who purchased AO Tennis get the International content as a free update, so there's no need to buy it twice.
  • Dr Peach PDr Peach P154,264
    Posted on 08 May 18 at 22:35
    It should be illegal for games like Raging Justice to come out on current gen systems. Developers don’t even try anymore.
  • Posted on 08 May 18 at 22:41
    DutRank said:
    It should be illegal for games like Raging Justice to come out on current gen systems. Developers don’t even try anymore.
    Why what's wrong with it? And I'm assuming you have developed a few games yourself to be able to accurately reflect how much effort goes into developing a video game?

On topic though, Inksplosion and Trailblazers are two I'll keep an eye on for sure.
    Posted on 09 May 18 at 00:30
    iTz Canada Ehh said:
    DutRank said:
    Why what's wrong with it? And I'm assuming you have developed a few games yourself to be able to accurately reflect how much effort goes into developing a video game?

On topic though, Inksplosion and Trailblazers are two I'll keep an eye on for sure.
    Just because you worked hard on something doesn’t mean you should release it. And good lord do people still use the “oh you must have developed a game yourself to have an opinion on how bad it looks!”? I don’t know the first thing about sailing. But if I see on the news that a boat crashed into the dock I can confidently say “yeah that person fucked up”. Just like I can say “yeah that’s a shitty looking game” when a game looks like shit.
  • Posted on 09 May 18 at 07:08
    DutRank said:
    Showing my age here, but if you didn't grow up in the era of arcades, you won't get the appeal. This is clearly a game made by guys who are products of the late 80s/early 90s and couldn't get enough of games like Final Fight, Crime Fighters, Bad Dudes, etc and made Raging Justice as a passion project. They are definitely trying. For early 80s babies, we get what they're doing.
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty585,523
    Posted on 09 May 18 at 08:00
    I was interested in Trailblazers but for £24 I'm not.
  • Posted on 09 May 18 at 09:11
    inksplosion is a fairly easy 1000 in couple hours...for 4 quid u cud do a lot worsetoast
  • CODYWWE24CODYWWE2483,460
    Posted on 09 May 18 at 09:34
    I think Raging Justice looks amazing. Of course, I grew up on Streets Of Rage and those kind of games.
    Posted on 09 May 18 at 16:58
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
    DutRank said:
    Showing my age here, but if you didn't grow up in the era of arcades, you won't get the appeal. This is clearly a game made by guys who are products of the late 80s/early 90s and couldn't get enough of games like Final Fight, Crime Fighters, Bad Dudes, etc and made Raging Justice as a passion project. They are definitely trying. For early 80s babies, we get what they're doing.
    Beat em ups aren’t an old thing though. The game visually looks like complete garbage. When actual beat em ups made in the 80s look better than your 2018 video game then something is wrong.
  • Posted on 09 May 18 at 19:37, Edited on 09 May 18 at 19:38 by The SCHWARTZ 00
    ???
    It looks way, WAY better than Streets Of Rage, Final Fight, etc. It's not meant to compete with Witcher III or Gears 4 visually. Beat em ups are definitely an old thing, man. The godfather of the genre is Double Dragon, way back in 87 or 88. It's been 30 years.
    Posted on 10 May 18 at 04:04
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
    ???
    It looks way, WAY better than Streets Of Rage, Final Fight, etc. It's not meant to compete with Witcher III or Gears 4 visually. Beat em ups are definitely an old thing, man. The godfather of the genre is Double Dragon, way back in 87 or 88. It's been 30 years.
    Lol I just don’t know what to say so I’ll just leave it at that. You should ask the devs for a paycheck tho.
  • Posted on 10 May 18 at 18:59
    Hue hue hue, good one Cletus.
  • Sol76Sol76791,539
    Posted on 16 May 18 at 21:48
    I also do not see the problem with Raging Justice , it fits the 80's / 90's style perfectly with big sprites and colourfull presentation. Just like Double Dragon , Streets of Rage and Final Fight. It is not a 3D game and it was never intended to have fluid 3d animation and backgrounds. This is a sort of game that I missed for so long!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.