Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass Loses 21 Titles on May 31st

• MthsDMthsD336,772
    Posted on 10 May 18 at 14:00
    LOL Did you just clickbaited me with Alice on the thumb of the article?
    @MthsD
  • Posted on 10 May 18 at 14:03
    R3f1CuL said:
    21 games out of 186 i think??? YIKES! thats a pretty significant chunk even for games rotating out i gotta say... also odd that microsoft has been pretty much soccer kicking all things 360 to the curb as of late, given the horrendous lack of effort in sales of the week and everything else etc ... hoping they arent going to announce its death at e3 or something, thatd be sad times
    It's a popular program. I doubt it's death is imminent. 21 of 186 is a lot, but it's mostly older 360 games. I'm sure they will add a bunch as well.
    Hola
  • rocking23nfrocking23nf614,824
    Posted on 10 May 18 at 14:06
    they should drop the price to 30$ a year on this service.
  • GerbasgamerGerbasgamer2,159,656
    Posted on 10 May 18 at 14:07
    on the one hand it's good to see mainly 360 games leaving, but on the other hand some of them are pretty good.
  • Big Hat PaulBig Hat Paul171,623
    Posted on 10 May 18 at 14:15
    imaidiot19 said:
    I just wish we knew on the first of the month, if not before, which games would be leaving...finding out with almost half the month gone isn't really timely, nor would it gives those that want to play the games time to complete (although with 21, doubtful that anyone could complete them all).

I know games will be leaving, but finding out on day 10 of the month isn't fair to anyone.
    I'm sure a very small percentage of people are wanting to complete the games and not just play them at a convenience.
    come join us at - https://discord.gg/bh2c78a (TrueGaming Network Discord)
  • AKfoy0faceAKfoy0face648,027
    Posted on 10 May 18 at 14:20
    some of you just make me cringe.
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19771,893,227
    Posted on 10 May 18 at 14:21
    T0tin0sPizzaBoy said:
    some of you just make me cringe.
    Okay.
    Legohead 1977
  • Warboy925Warboy925397,186
    Posted on 10 May 18 at 14:34
    Goes to show that some of my friends were right....xbox 360 is slowly phasing out...hell, my local pawn shop won't even take 360 games anymore, even the AAA titles....so glad I grabbed an Xbox One X when I had the chance!!
  • Mi GentiMi Genti209,743
    Posted on 10 May 18 at 14:34
    I hope they don’t remove the exclusives they advertised because that would be flaw
  • Catatonic NaliCatatonic Nali1,192,951
    Posted on 10 May 18 at 14:38
    Only one of these that I'm interested in and don't already own is the Alex Kidd collection so I guess I'll be playing that this afternoon.
    @CatatonicNali - Remember when RoboCop shot that dude in the dick?
  • Arron114Arron1141,271,086
    Posted on 10 May 18 at 14:46
    MthsD said:
    LOL Did you just clickbaited me with Alice on the thumb of the article?
    You might wonna get on Bioshock infinite before its removed.

Fair losses, a bit deep but the positives still outweigh the gains.
  • ZukapeZukape502,073
    Posted on 10 May 18 at 14:47
    I did pass on all of them anyway. :)
  • Posted on 10 May 18 at 14:53
    whoooo that's a lot this month. I gave it a try last month for Sea of Thieves, but meh. I enjoyed playing RiME too I guess.
  • Big Hat PaulBig Hat Paul171,623
    Posted on 10 May 18 at 14:57
    Warboy925 said:
    Goes to show that some of my friends were right....xbox 360 is slowly phasing out...hell, my local pawn shop won't even take 360 games anymore, even the AAA titles....so glad I grabbed an Xbox One X when I had the chance!!
    I really doubt it's being "phased out", as more and more titles become backwards compatible plus the recent addition of 360 titles counting toward your achievement points against your friends on the monthly leader board. Rather, as stated before, they are being rotated out.
    come join us at - https://discord.gg/bh2c78a (TrueGaming Network Discord)
  • Posted on 10 May 18 at 15:01
    happibivouac said:
    Warboy925 said:
    I really doubt it's being "phased out", as more and more titles become backwards compatible plus the recent addition of 360 titles counting toward your achievement points against your friends on the monthly leader board. Rather, as stated before, they are being rotated out.
    I agree, I don’t think anything is getting phased out. They’re just doing the monthly change and probably trying to line things up with E3
  • AH LewisAH Lewis400,887
    Posted on 10 May 18 at 15:05
    Otouto72 said:
    Aww BioShock and XCOM were in my future plans...guess that won't be happening now.
    You could easily finish a BioShock game in a few days if you've never played it before.
    L.Woodhall
  • RNGESUS37RNGESUS3776,127
    Posted on 10 May 18 at 15:33
    Shoot I've been replaying Borderlands here and there to get ready for Borderlands 3. Guess I'll just have to buy it cheap at some point.
  • Posted on 10 May 18 at 15:50
    Just a fyi you can purchase the games too. You get a discount on games in game passe so if you don't finish consider buying it
  • SwordofWhedonSwordofWhedon1,514,074
    Posted on 10 May 18 at 15:55
    @young and dope they will have to delist first party games like Forza (for the person who mentioned that) if external IP is expiring like Music and car designs. Other than that it’s nit going anywhere

If you notice all these titles have common publishers. Bandai, Namco, Capcom. Sega. If they follow their pattern so far, 20 or more new games are coming in behind them. And since Spencer has indicated a push toward japanese publishers, I’d expect these to be more of a swap out.
  • Facial La FleurFacial La Fleur1,368,233
    Posted on 10 May 18 at 15:56
    Fortunately I actually own most of those or had no plans on working on them. Hopefully these are replaced by a similar chuck of new games that I actually don't own already.

Currently working on Bard's Gold and Mad Max, so no rush to complete those with the little time I have for gaming recently.
This thread has been locked by Belindo152