Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass Loses 21 Titles on May 31st

• danbigdirtydanbigdirty229,309
    Posted on 11 May 18 at 10:17
    I don't think we should jump the gun with this until we get an announcement on what games will be added. It's quite possible that more games will be added than taken away.

With borderlands 3 set to be announced it makes sense to pull them as the game will be in people conscious again and probably see a small rise in sales of the old games

Should we maybe getting excited for a new bioshock as well? or maybe the remastered games on the way?

TBh I haven't even bought the pass, I imagine I've got another 100 hours to go on AC Origins laugh
  • Axess2084Axess208488,691
    Posted on 11 May 18 at 14:09
    I'm still expecting some announcements at E3 of more than the 8 games we know about. MS needs a good showing this time around. They've been floundering too long. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my Xbox One - and both the other Xbox consoles I own. But, I want to see them gain traction again! And for the love of all that is holy, PLEASE put a Forza game or two on Game Pass!!
  • DavidinCTDavidinCT92,831
    Posted on 11 May 18 at 17:57
    Redd Five said:
    That's a lot of games. I did want to play Bioshock 2 at some point.
    Guess I'll try to knock out a few of those easier fighters.
    At least if you miss it, it's a fairly cheap game to pick up.
  • Mad FlavorzMad Flavorz227,388
    Posted on 11 May 18 at 18:37
    rocking23nf said:
    they should drop the price to 30$ a year on this service.
    $99 a year is a good price considering PS Now is $20 a month and the service is so laggy you can't play anything.
  • Throni360Throni3601,630,802
    Posted on 12 May 18 at 08:48
    UA Ridge Reaper said:
    rocking23nf said:
    $99 a year is a good price considering PS Now is $20 a month and the service is so laggy you can't play anything.
    Why compare it to the bad if you can compare it to the good? EA Access shows how it's done correct.

Rotating games is stupid. More games add more value. Dropping older titles lessens the value of the service. Even if "no one" plays the games anymore. It sounds way better if you get access to 400 games instead of 100.

I use EA Access since day 1 and never even thought about unsubbing. Game Pass on the other hand is not interesting at all with the constant game removal. You'll never know when a game leaves and the "leaving soon" is not good enough. Who has time to play the 21 games that will be removed soon. Game Pass could be a great value. But only if they would keep the games and not rotate them.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 12 May 18 at 11:36
    i agree that they should drop the price on the service. its getting to a point now where they are pushing this type of service where you dont own the product, they have all kinds of cloud crap, and now they are going to add GaaS, Gaming As A Service. Working in the IT field for as long as I have this is a trend that is easily identifiable.
  • Posted on 12 May 18 at 18:57
    whoa there's some pretty good titles (like bioshock and borderlands) that's going to out of XGP ):
  • Kyl3RuthKyl3Ruth304,961
    Posted on 12 May 18 at 19:28
    I have had BIoshock games in my backlog for a long time. Hopefully they will be GWG or else I’ll probably never get around to buying them.
  • TVippyTVippy29,496
    Posted on 14 May 18 at 19:00
    Too much stress to deal with this...
    I don't play games very often. :( If you have a close GamerScore, add me! We'll compete. :)
  • Posted on 15 May 18 at 00:32
    Throni360 said:
    UA Ridge Reaper said:
    rocking23nf said:
    Why compare it to the bad if you can compare it to the good? EA Access shows how it's done correct.

Rotating games is stupid. More games add more value. Dropping older titles lessens the value of the service. Even if "no one" plays the games anymore. It sounds way better if you get access to 400 games instead of 100.

I use EA Access since day 1 and never even thought about unsubbing. Game Pass on the other hand is not interesting at all with the constant game removal. You'll never know when a game leaves and the "leaving soon" is not good enough. Who has time to play the 21 games that will be removed soon. Game Pass could be a great value. But only if they would keep the games and not rotate them.
    The reality is that a majority of the people subscribing to game pass has no intention of playing all the games that are in it to completion.
  • FirstDonutFirstDonut58,088
    Posted on 15 May 18 at 03:59
    NOOOOO! R.I.P :(
  • GRAND NOBLEGRAND NOBLE424,229
    Posted on 15 May 18 at 08:24
    thank you for this list. i started and 100% completed BIOSHOCK in 4 days.

I've literally been telling myself to play this game for 10 years XDD.

And BIOSHOCK being free on game pass is one of the biggest selling points for me - even though after 6 months I never played it!!

I looked into Bioshock 2 and Infinite and they both have too much DLC (and very pricey!!) And BS 2 has really grindy multiplayer... so I'm skipping them.

I'll just buy them cheap on sale for XB1 some day.

again, thanks for the article!!

There were a couple other games on this list I thought I was interseted in.. but having a deadline I realize, I just don't feel like starting any other ones from this list. not worth it!
    Leap Frog 2017 - 4x 6.4+ Ratio!! (Croaked on Day 29) -- www.instagram.com/grandnoble
    Posted on 15 May 18 at 11:02
    Homunculus Fury said:
    The reality is that a majority of the people subscribing to game pass has no intention of playing all the games that are in it to completion.
    Doesn't change the fact that more games = more value. $10 a month is not cheap. EA Access is $25 a year. You can choose the service if you are interested in two games and you'll get your money worth because the games STAY. With game pass you'll never know. They might remove 21 games every month and only add 8 more. I'm not a fan of the rotation.
  • Posted on 16 May 18 at 08:15
    There's 25 games in the games leaving list for me. Can't be bothered comparing to see what's missing here but Mad Max is one.
  • Posted on 17 September 19 at 04:20
    This is a good list in my opinion. These are older games - mostly 360 titles. I have plenty of older games I haven’t started in my backlog and I figure I’m in good company here. I look for GamePass to give me access to newer games so out with the old and in with the new I say. clap
  • Posted on 17 September 19 at 05:19
    PhillipWendell said:
    This is a good list in my opinion. These are older games - mostly 360 titles. I have plenty of older games I haven’t started in my backlog and I figure I’m in good company here. I look for GamePass to give me access to newer games so out with the old and in with the new I say. clap
    A little late to the party bud.
    Hola
  • troyoytroyoy861,888
    Posted on 06 March 20 at 23:34
    Bioshocks are keepers and worth buying people. I would rather buy games then pay M$ for their service.
    Back into gaming as much as possible while sharing my bad ass TV with the GF.
    Posted on 06 March 20 at 23:53
    troyoy said:
    Bioshocks are keepers and worth buying people. I would rather buy games then pay M$ for their service.
    How long did you dig to necro this thread?
  • AlgurAlgur281,470
    Posted on 03 May 20 at 01:28
    Throni360 said:
    troyoy said:
    How long did you dig to necro this thread?
    If you go to the Bioshock 2 page this is the first article that pops up, champ.
  • Posted on 03 May 20 at 01:44
    please archive this thread
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.