The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox 360 Sale Roundup: May 15th, 2018

• Posted on 15 May 18 at 01:16Permalink
    Why are the Lego games never on sale for the Xbox 360. I will never understand this.
  • Posted on 15 May 18 at 01:16, Edited on 15 May 18 at 01:18 by Cemetery GirlsPermalink
    Anyone else realized how odd of a name Devil May Cry is? Like, what does that mean?
  • Posted on 15 May 18 at 01:20Permalink
    Well, well, well, look at that. The Game Pass games are on sale.
    come join us at - https://discord.gg/bh2c78a (TrueGaming Network Discord)
  • Posted on 15 May 18 at 01:24Permalink
    All pretty good games.
  • Posted on 15 May 18 at 01:26Permalink
    Bleh. With how much they put the Bioshocks on sale you'd think they could humor us with some sales on the DLC (especially for Bioshock 2).
  • DuncosDuncos635,795
    Posted on 15 May 18 at 01:27Permalink
    Bioshock is on sale but, no DLC. facepalm
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite site on the internet.
  • Posted on 15 May 18 at 01:32Permalink
    1st playthrough ever of Vanquish on hard. That was such a rush. Beating the final boss I was sweating and screaming with joy lol.
  • Posted on 15 May 18 at 02:19Permalink
    XCaptainMexico said:
    Why are the Lego games never on sale for the Xbox 360. I will never understand this.
    I checked storeparser and they seem to go on sale every 8-12 months, with the last time being the beginning of this past October. So based on their past sales trends I'd say they're due to go on sale pretty soon.
  • TenFootBunnyTenFootBunny266,001
    Posted on 15 May 18 at 02:23, Edited on 15 May 18 at 02:29 by TenFootBunnyPermalink
    Elite1111111111 said:
    Bleh. With how much they put the Bioshocks on sale you'd think they could humor us with some sales on the DLC (especially for Bioshock 2).
    I'll see your Bioshock DLCs and raise you one Dragon Age II. At least you can get the DLCs in the remastered Bioshock Collection, but EA hasn't given us any choice but to pay $36 for DA2's DLCs since October 2015. WTF?!

Like WT-everlovin'-F?

*ahem*

Seriously, I'm just being sarcastic. wink The total cost of the 360 Bioshock DLCs is ridiculously exorbitant when you consider how often you can snag the Bioshock Collection for $20. That's as bad as having to pay $36 for the DLCs to a previous-gen game what's sequel has a complete, current-gen edition that sells for less than $15 at least once a month. With digital distribution, publishers don't care whether they sell the DLCs, just so long as everyone who buys them pays full price out of desperation because they literally have no other means to acquire the content.

To paraphrase Jim Sterling, they'd rather have no money if they can't have all the money in the world.

EDIT - I wrote this before I knew that DA:Inquisition's GOTY edition was on sale this week for $10. This shit's so thick you can't even whip it into a parody of itself.
  • Posted on 15 May 18 at 02:25Permalink
    iTz Canada Ehh said:
    XCaptainMexico said:
    I checked storeparser and they seem to go on sale every 8-12 months, with the last time being the beginning of this past October. So based on their past sales trends I'd say they're due to go on sale pretty soon.
    They have been on sale a number of times. I own them all digitally, and only one cost more than $4.99 (The last Star Wars was either 7.49 or 9.99)
    Hola
  • Posted on 15 May 18 at 03:03Permalink
    Cemetery Girls said:
    Anyone else realized how odd of a name Devil May Cry is? Like, what does that mean?
    Not only is it the name of Dante's 'shop' but I remember something about Dante has a look in his eye so intense, even the devil may cry.
    Shut your crap, York.
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl153,749
    Posted on 15 May 18 at 05:05Permalink
    A Boss Monster said:
    Cemetery Girls said:
    Not only is it the name of Dante's 'shop' but I remember something about Dante has a look in his eye so intense, even the devil may cry.
    It's also a pun on the expression "devil may care."
  • BigTymer2047BigTymer2047626,883
    Posted on 15 May 18 at 06:51Permalink
    iTz Canada Ehh said:
    XCaptainMexico said:
    I would gladly pay the X1 sale prices for the 360 versions of LEGO Avengers and TFA with DLC!!!
  • Iggsy81Iggsy81262,043
    Posted on 15 May 18 at 07:25Permalink
    Yeah it's from the famous saying "devil may care". Jeez how big of a n00bcannon can you be?
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,241,550
    Posted on 15 May 18 at 10:45, Edited on 15 May 18 at 10:45 by EarthboundXPermalink
    Elite1111111111 said:
    They never updated the servers for 2, for a DLC playlist. So I guess they figured no one will ever get to play the DLC maps normally anyway.

Still one of the worst DLCs I ever paid money for, just for the fact it was nigh impossible to play the new maps. As every single person in the lobby has to have the DLC, or the maps will never show up.

Of course I was able to boost it thanks to sessions here on TA, but that's besides the point. I spent hours before that just trying to find the maps playing normally. Course that was years back, I'd have to assume the game is totally dead online now.

The DLC must have been on sale at one point, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it.
  • AKfoy0faceAKfoy0face515,927
    Posted on 15 May 18 at 11:44Permalink
    XCaptainMexico said:
    Why do people think they have the right to bitch about what they put on sale? I will never understand this.
  • Tatl360Tatl360228,917
    Posted on 15 May 18 at 11:49Permalink
    It's a good sale compared to what is appearing recently.

^ laugh
    Lego probably sells more than average for the publisher, so why put it on sale...
  • Dr HepDr Hep343,028
    Posted on 15 May 18 at 12:08Permalink
    New Paralyzer said:
    1st playthrough ever of Vanquish on hard. That was such a rush. Beating the final boss I was sweating and screaming with joy lol.
    Platinum Games always makes quality action games. I almost had a heart attack when I beat the last tactical challenge in that game. Can't recommend Vanquish enough.
  • napoearthnapoearth704,972
    Posted on 15 May 18 at 12:18Permalink
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    iTz Canada Ehh said:
    XCaptainMexico said:
    They have been on sale a number of times. I own them all digitally, and only one cost more than $4.99 (The last Star Wars was either 7.49 or 9.99)
    I don't know when you saw these deals, because I watch lego games closely and I haven't seen any of the more recent ones for those kind of prices.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.