Game Discussion: Cities: Skylines Forum

Current state of the game?

AuthorMessage
FireWheels58
FireWheels58
Posted on 15 May 18 at 06:57
I only played CS when it was free for a few days late last year, but am going to get it soon. Was wondering what has changed in terms of gameplay, etc. and what mods there are. I saw a video from February which showed 127 eh mods, a bunch o structures which I'll mostly never use, and no actual mods like traffic managers, and ones which allow you to manage how the city is built (so, basically no steam workshop sort of thing).
BlackxRyan
BlackxRyan
Posted on 15 May 18 at 08:27
By the way, I find the game very complex.
FireWheels58
FireWheels58
Posted on 15 May 18 at 15:33
I already played it during the free play days, had a fairly good city going.
Your buddy DEG
Posted on 16 May 18 at 22:13
I bought it last year and am having a blast with it. You're right about the mods, at this stage there's nothing other than cosmetic type stuff which is nice if you want a bit of variety in your city's buildings but it would be nice to have some gameplay ones especially traffic mods, (trying to deal with traffic at 100k population is frustrating.)

In terms of gameplay I don't think anything has changed significantly except maybe the addition of teraforming which just released with the Natural Disasters pack. I'm hoping the release of Mass Transit in November will bring with it some more traffic options but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.