Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Four More Titles Being Removed from Xbox Game Pass on May 31st

AuthorMessage
MVPVincent
MVPVincent
Posted on 16 May 18 at 20:50
Finished both Sam & Max games already and I have no interest in Mad Max.
AKfoy0face
AKfoy0face
Posted on 16 May 18 at 22:11
xONLYINHUMANxx said:
XPhiles in IA said:
i better say something nice, otherwise the troll police will come out because if i dont say anything nice then i can't have an opinion...so......

maybe one day the pass will be cheaper....
for somebody who spent the entire time whinging about game's getting removed from the other post and said you aren't getting the game pass you seem to love coming onto the forum's about something you have no interest in.

nobody said you can't have an opinion, like i said on the other post microsoft said game's will come and go and you were whinging about that.

you have no right to whinge over the game pass considering micosoft told everyone before the pass came onto the store it will rotate game's in and out and also you don't even own the game pass so what is the problem?

just to sook about something you don't have?
game pass cheaper? you must be one tight ass you thing's $10 for 100 game's is expensive

plus all the game's that they are removing have either been on it since day one or for a long time so rotating the old stock is good for the people like me who support it to have different game's to play

but hey complain about something you don't have which also doesn't affect you
COMPLETELY AGREE, these guys saying "I wish the game pass was cheaper" are utter cheapskates. What are you going to buy with that extra 30 dollars you saved? GET A LIFE AND STOP COMPLAINING JUST TO COMPLAIN.
FOKENWOLFEN
FOKENWOLFEN
Posted on 16 May 18 at 22:41
OH FOR F*CKS SAKE!! They need to give more time, at least a month, now Ill have to rush MadMax, Im not buying that game after being more than 50% done.
GoyetteQC
GoyetteQC
Posted on 17 May 18 at 00:30
Yeah that's just sad at this point. 25 games lost in a month. They removed 18 (?) games last month and (only) added 8 in return. At this rate, game pass will only consist of 30-ish MS first party game a few months from now. The subscription still has value, but they need to stop removing stuff at an alarming rate. I won't subscribe (again) at 10$/month just for 2-3 games. Sheesh.
[Insert signature here.]
AKfoy0face
AKfoy0face
Posted on 17 May 18 at 03:02
GoyetteQC said:
Yeah that's just sad at this point. 25 games lost in a month. They removed 18 (?) games last month and (only) added 8 in return. At this rate, game pass will only consist of 30-ish MS first party game a few months from now. The subscription still has value, but they need to stop removing stuff at an alarming rate. I won't subscribe (again) at 10$/month just for 2-3 games. Sheesh.
what are you talking about? these games were there from launch, they said they were rotating games in and out. Plus they arent removing anything at an alarming rate. What in the blue hell are you people talking about, plus the majority of games removed are teh 360 ones. WHO CARES.
AKfoy0face
AKfoy0face
Posted on 17 May 18 at 03:03
FOKENWOLFEN said:
OH FOR F*CKS SAKE!! They need to give more time, at least a month, now Ill have to rush MadMax, Im not buying that game after being more than 50% done.
At this point that game is so cheap it is so sad that you are even complaining about losing it on a friggin game pass.
FOKENWOLFEN
FOKENWOLFEN
Posted on 17 May 18 at 05:12
T0tin0sPizzaBoy said:
FOKENWOLFEN said:
At this point that game is so cheap it is so sad that you are even complaining about losing it on a friggin game pass.
And that comes from the man who has put 0 seconds on the game, such a badass. And y complain is for the short notice, that is a punch to the face for someone who gets the game pass to invest time in a game that will be removed in a short notice and will be forced to buy to complete it.. Even if the game will cost a few cents.
GoyetteQC
GoyetteQC
Posted on 17 May 18 at 05:20
T0tin0sPizzaBoy said:
GoyetteQC said:
what are you talking about? these games were there from launch, they said they were rotating games in and out. Plus they arent removing anything at an alarming rate. What in the blue hell are you people talking about, plus the majority of games removed are teh 360 ones. WHO CARES.
I know they said they would cycle games, and I'm on board with that, but removing 3x the games you add isn't cycling the games. They keep advertising game pass as 100+ games, but in a few months they won't even have 100 games to advertise anymore because they are taking away way too many games as compared to what they add.
[Insert signature here.]
iMaginaryy
iMaginaryy
Posted on 17 May 18 at 05:42
GoyetteQC said:
T0tin0sPizzaBoy said:
GoyetteQC said:
I know they said they would cycle games, and I'm on board with that, but removing 3x the games you add isn't cycling the games. They keep advertising game pass as 100+ games, but in a few months they won't even have 100 games to advertise anymore because they are taking away way too many games as compared to what they add.
This is because, AFAIK, they didn't remove any games for several months at the beginning. That is the very definition of spoiled folks. It's just expected catchup.
Fear is the mindkiller.
patt789
patt789
Posted on 17 May 18 at 06:11
A shame Mad Max is going, its a super long completion.

It has been on sale quite a few times though for like $10USD, all well.
ClownTastic
ClownTastic
Posted on 17 May 18 at 08:56
I'm just gonna mow through Mad Max in a week or so I guess. I thought about buying it but would have to get it with USD, still $99 in Australia roll
DocONally
DocONally
Posted on 17 May 18 at 09:44
Started Mad Max last night, not worried about 100% completion, fun so far. Although after getting sick to death with ReCore, particularly the stupid races, I hope this desert world adventure will be a lot more compelling.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 17 May 18 at 10:30, Edited on 17 May 18 at 10:45 by
xONLYINHUMANxx said:
XPhiles in IA said:
i better say something nice, otherwise the troll police will come out because if i dont say anything nice then i can't have an opinion...so......

maybe one day the pass will be cheaper....
for somebody who spent the entire time whinging about game's getting removed from the other post and said you aren't getting the game pass you seem to love coming onto the forum's about something you have no interest in.

nobody said you can't have an opinion, like i said on the other post microsoft said game's will come and go and you were whinging about that.

you have no right to whinge over the game pass considering micosoft told everyone before the pass came onto the store it will rotate game's in and out and also you don't even own the game pass so what is the problem?

just to sook about something you don't have?
game pass cheaper? you must be one tight ass you thing's $10 for 100 game's is expensive

plus all the game's that they are removing have either been on it since day one or for a long time so rotating the old stock is good for the people like me who support it to have different game's to play

but hey complain about something you don't have which also doesn't affect you
I think its kind of funny you say that i am cheap, would you like to see pictures of my game collection, would you like to see how many 360s and ones I have? I strongly suggest you think before you speak. You fail to realize your whole post contradicts itself, you say you never said i can't have an opinion, then spend over 5 minutes typing out why you think i shouldnt say anything...sjw much? There is a reason why i dont own a game pass, i knew this kinda thing would happen way back in 2000, when microsoft pitched their cloud stuff back then and it failed....all im doing now is saying TOLD YA SO. oh and i wasn't whinge or whining...i was stating my opinion....to hell with me for that warning:) you pay for that pass, but do you own the game? no. can they take it away from you any time they want? yes. I made up a term for that back in 2000, software communism. Nobody owns it except the maker and they can do what they will with it. No thanks, I will stick to my mostly physical collection and digital collection that no one can take away from me. oh and i will continue to comment on how much this service SUCKS. if you dont like it...deal with it. or find a way to silence me. If you respond to me I will respond back, that's how it is. call me a troll or whatever your immaturity leads you to call me, doesn't bother me one bit. ive had netflix, gamefly, i currently have amazon prime....same thing, different logo. i have amazon prime for the free shipping i get for all the things i buy...you know...cuz im such a cheapskate... gamefly is better than this service, simply because you keep the disc until you are ready to send it back...care to dispute that?

NawtyCawty said:
Tut tut. Now you know that on the Internet nowadays you can't have an opinion on anything without some entitled twat calling you a troll. It's just the way it is.
+1 This all the way, this is why I do what I do, to point out the obvious.
Mannschaft570
Mannschaft570
Posted on 17 May 18 at 12:10, Edited on 17 May 18 at 12:14 by Mannschaft570
Call me "spoiled brat", "crybaby" or whatever might make you feel great, but I don't get how some gamers can defend a 2 weeks notice before delisting. It's fine that games are removed and others are introduced on a regular basis, but it just doesn't make sense to give such a short warning.
VisceralGnat84
Posted on 17 May 18 at 14:06
It's almost as bad as actual delistings which are often found out after the fact.

The flip side is, like with Metal Gear Solid, that you can hope on getting some of these games as GWG without it being a conflict.

I thought gamepass was great value, but realistically I won't play 100's of games and I won't need it more than a pair of months per year. But then it will come down to trying about 10 games but not knowing exactly which will be available then...

MS should make the availability clearer, perhaps let you install a game at a last date and get at least a month to play it from disk so you get what you pay for currently. And I think they will even out the games introductions and removals, maybe switching one metro game for another etc.
Elite1111111111
Posted on 17 May 18 at 14:21, Edited on 17 May 18 at 14:27 by Elite1111111111
T0tin0sPizzaBoy said:
GET A LIFE AND STOP COMPLAINING JUST TO COMPLAIN.
I suppose the hypocrisy of this statement is lost on you.
K1NG ARTHUR III
Posted on 17 May 18 at 17:21
Next month is E3. They will probably announce 7 new games next week then another 10 or 20 during the press conference along with an immediate release of Crackdown 3 to game pass same day.
AKfoy0face
AKfoy0face
Posted on 17 May 18 at 17:50, Edited on 17 May 18 at 17:52 by AKfoy0face
FOKENWOLFEN said:
T0tin0sPizzaBoy said:
FOKENWOLFEN said:
And that comes from the man who has put 0 seconds on the game, such a badass. And y complain is for the short notice, that is a punch to the face for someone who gets the game pass to invest time in a game that will be removed in a short notice and will be forced to buy to complete it.. Even if the game will cost a few cents.
The game has been on the pass from day one. Who cares if i didnt play it, I just enjoyed the hell out of homefront revolution and skyforce, games i would have never played if it werent for the game pass. Just a bunch of entitled whiny gamers

and that's not even mentioning teh exclusives we get to play on day one. State of decay 2 and Crackdown 2 for 10 bucks? HOW THE HELL CAN YOU COMPLAIN?
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 17 May 18 at 23:12
patt789 said:
A shame Mad Max is going, its a super long completion.

It has been on sale quite a few times though for like $10USD, all well.
I have a funny feeling mad mad will be part of the games for gold either this year or next mainly because it's been on sale a lot I also think Mirror Edge Catalyst may also be free at some point
Goggs25
GoyetteQC
GoyetteQC
Posted on 18 May 18 at 00:13
iMaginaryy said:
This is because, AFAIK, they didn't remove any games for several months at the beginning. That is the very definition of spoiled folks. It's just expected catchup.
Not spoiled. I just felt like they were trying to cash in after getting a lot of us into game pass. Turns out I got the numbers all mixed up anyways, they didn't remove 18 games last month, it was only a mere 3 games. Last time they removed a bunch of games, they removed 12. I have not clue why I thought it was 18. Removing 25 games in one month is pretty big, but since they only removed 3 last month if probably evens up. Guess I just overreacted. laugh
[Insert signature here.]
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.