Editorials and Features Forum

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Exclusive: Stats Show How Rarely Game Campaigns Are Played

AuthorMessage
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 16 May 18 at 13:06
Call of Duty is probably going without a story, and who can blame them?

Please click here to read the story: Exclusive: Stats Show How Rarely Game Campaigns Are Played
TrueAssassin86x
Posted on 16 May 18 at 13:11
And i still wont be buying this Dumpster fire of a game i havent picked up a Call of Duty game since Call Of Duty 2 and i am not missing anything.
Hahaman4real
Hahaman4real
Posted on 16 May 18 at 13:15
^^Same here i last bought Cod waw and last played black ops 1 that i borrowed from a friend.. I am not missing out on anything unlike those who say cod sucks and still buy it year after year as its the cool thing to say
MassiveAssault5
Posted on 16 May 18 at 13:20
TrueAssassin86x said:
And i still wont be buying this Dumpster fire of a game i havent picked up a Call of Duty game since Call Of Duty 2 and i am not missing anything.
I had not bought a Call of Duty game since Black Ops. I decided to give WWII a chance since it looked fresh. Campaign was kind of blah and the multiplayer was pretty good. Zombies just isn't my cup of tea though. Maybe I'll eventually get around to doing all of the achievements but I'm not really feeling like it at the moment.
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 16 May 18 at 13:22
How do you only have about 15% of story participation in Fallout? Seeing as that's all there is to it.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zorlac0666 Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
PineConeKiller
Posted on 16 May 18 at 13:25
I’m someone who enjoys most of the campaigns, but I can’t argue them getting rid of them. My hours into multiplayer heavily outweigh the campaign hours. There were a few campaigns I enjoyed, like most people : WaW, Cod4, and MW2. The rest I merely did for achievements to justify paying $60 to play multiplayer. Seriously, I hate that blops 3 campaign achievement that took like an entire week straight.

I am curious to future achievements in non campaign games. We’ve seen very limited multiplayer achievements in previous games. Will this be the return of the 10th prestige for 0 gamerscore?laugh
PineConeKiller | California | Japan |
LilGurgi
LilGurgi
Posted on 16 May 18 at 13:27
Guess this will be another series added to the "do not touch" list. Due to just about always being a year or so behind game releases, multiplayer only games are a no go for me as the online community generally has dried up by the time I get the game. Oh well. More money to put to some other game with a story/campaign.
AbsoIuteZero x
Posted on 16 May 18 at 13:30
Zorlac0666 said:
How do you only have about 15% of story participation in Fallout? Seeing as that's all there is to it.
Good Point. Same with Mass effect even being the highest at 50%. I honestly do not know anyone who plays ME for other than the story.

Hell, most the people I play with (who don't care for achievements) still play story mode in COD before they even touch MP. I don't even do that haha.
LooneyJetman
LooneyJetman
Posted on 16 May 18 at 13:31
I have played most of the Call of Duty campaigns to at least near-completion, as far as I can recall. Black Ops 3 was terrible though, in my opinion and I gave up fairly early on. I wasn't going to buy WW2 last year, but caved in the end and have hardly played it. Without a single player campaign I'm almost completely certain that I won't bother with Black Ops 4. The multiplayer has become too twitchy for me.
ADrunkCanadian
LilGurgi said:
Guess this will be another series added to the "do not touch" list. Due to just about always being a year or so behind game releases, multiplayer only games are a no go for me as the online community generally has dried up by the time I get the game. Oh well. More money to put to some other game with a story/campaign.
well pretty easy. i got past the vault in fallout 3 and realized the game isnt for me. same with oblivion. i have 2-4 achievements unlocked in both games combined.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Unlike most on here, I've carried on buying them all and haven't missed a COD since 2. I will not be buying this one, I've finally had enough of them. Well overdue really facepalm
All base are belong to us!
BlackxRyan
BlackxRyan
Posted on 16 May 18 at 13:34
My problem is that the game without solo is still sold 70$. Should be at no more than 30-40$.
Atomic Mole
Atomic Mole
Posted on 16 May 18 at 13:49
I just think the state of gaming is at an all time low. COD with no single player campaign, after the utter mess of WWII, just highlights how bad things are. I bet the price will stay the same, they won't shave anything off for a lack of a campaign.

I just bury my head in despair, cartoon shooters and Battle Royale mode... Beloved franchises like Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon butchered beyond recognition. Destiny 2 worse than Destiny. And now Metro Exodus delayed until 2019 ... facepalm

FPS use to be a mainstay for me, now I can't even find an FPS I want to play.
MaxCarnage42
MaxCarnage42
Posted on 16 May 18 at 13:51
i am not missing anything
To be fair....you have no idea what you're missing because you haven't played them smile

But seriously, these numbers make me a little sad but I'm definitely not surprised. There is just so much to play nowadays, if the story isn't a knock-down drag-out masterpiece, it's easy to understand players dropping the game as soon as the next big release comes along. I'm definitely an avid single-player player, and I've always liked the campaigns of the CoDs more than the multiplayer. But with stats like this, I can't blame them for removing the campaign from Blops 4. I just hope they will release some sort of story DLC for those of us that enjoy it.

Great, very informative article as always!!
ShadyShall
ShadyShall
Posted on 16 May 18 at 13:53
the statistics are horrifying to someone like me who will avoid a game if it involves multiplayer. I LOATHE multiplayer.

What scares me is the trend of everything going MP or COOP. Not that CoD campaigns have been real winners in the past decade... but others that are winners may start suffering as developers decide to chase the trend and profits and ignore the small percentage of gamers that enjoy a single-player story.
[url=http://www.trueachievements.com/ShadyShall.htm][img]http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/ShadyShall.png[/img][/url]
Stevanno
Stevanno
Posted on 16 May 18 at 13:59
I couldn't even finish Black Ops 3's story. But I'm not a fan of AAA games releasing without a campaign. A complete game is story + MP. It's not right to pay full price for AAA games that don't feature as many components.
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 16 May 18 at 14:08
AbsoIuteZero x said:
Zorlac0666 said:
Good Point. Same with Mass effect even being the highest at 50%. I honestly do not know anyone who plays ME for other than the story.

Hell, most the people I play with (who don't care for achievements) still play story mode in COD before they even touch MP. I don't even do that haha.
I actually think my point was that with this survey saying only 15% of people who play the fallout games play single player (considering it's ONLY SINGLE PLAYER), then you can't take this survey very seriously. That said, I know most people play CoD for the multiplayer, and it's becoming less and less worth it to make the single player portion.

Again though, 100% of people who play fallout play the single player Unless they polled some unknown game that we haven't heard of.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zorlac0666 Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
OldSchoolBlood
Posted on 16 May 18 at 14:10
I thought the Campaign challenges in Black Ops 2 were brilliant. This added replayability to the campaign and extended the single player experience which is what I want. If the no campaign rumor is true for BO4, I have NO interest and my money will go elsewhere.
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 16 May 18 at 14:11
Zorlac0666 said:
This article does more to highlight that hardly anyone finishes anything nowadays...and this is on an achievement hunting website, where you would assume people are more motivated to see it through.

Pretty shocking figures to me!
Legohead 1977
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 16 May 18 at 14:16
Legohead 1977 said:
Zorlac0666 said:
This article does more to highlight that hardly anyone finishes anything nowadays...and this is on an achievement hunting website, where you would assume people are more motivated to see it through.

Pretty shocking figures to me!
The thing is there's load more people that play games for the game than for achievements. Even on this website completionists are a small % of the people that play.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.