Game Discussion: Halo: Spartan Assault (Windows)

Extra Credit and A for Effort Still Obtainable After Syncing

• ZenkotoZenkoto595,322
    Posted on 20 May 18 at 10:05, Edited on 20 May 18 at 11:05 by Zenkoto
    For anyone who completed all of the Assault Ops Challenges on another platform and syncing their progress to Windows 8 are still able to earn the Extra Credit and A for Effort achievements. Using the method listed below I was able to obtain these seemingly partially discontinued/unobtainable achievements. Keep in mind this method will erase your save progress for the Windows 8 version of the game and the progress might sync over other versions if they are played after deleting your save.

This is how I managed to create a new save and unlock these achievements after syncing over my progress with all Assault Ops Challenges complete:

-Delete the local save for the game going in the following directory: C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.HaloSpartanAssault_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\2533274810843141 and deleting savedata.bin. (Replace [Username] with the username connected to the PC user account when the save data was created.)

-Go offline and start Halo: Spartan Assault. Once loaded, your progress should be currently reset and you should still own the achievements previously unlocked.

-Complete at least one mission while offline to create a new local save file.

-Now quit out of the game and go back online.

-If done correctly, your progress should be reset and you will be able to earn Extra Credit and A for Effort by completing the necessary Assault Ops. (A similar method may work on Windows Phone, but I never tested it.)
  • ZX KNIGHTZX KNIGHT232,932
    Posted on 19 June 18 at 09:19
    Thanks for this. So is what you're saying that you can do this on xbox one etc first, then reset the windows 8 version using your method above and redo the whole thing on Windows and you'll be able to get the achievements on both systems?
  • ZenkotoZenkoto595,322
    Posted on 27 July 18 at 04:10
    You can, but it's more efficient to get the Extra Credit and A for Effort achievements on Windows 8 first while leaving some Assault Ops unfinished. Then sync the data from Windows 8 to Xbox One and complete the rest of the Assault Ops on Xbox One.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 29 July 18 at 18:49
    hope this works for me
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 29 July 18 at 19:17, Edited on 29 July 18 at 21:18 by
    I finally got it too work :D :D :D. These steps worked for me, the ones stated originally did not work for me.

-Delete the local save for the game going in the following directory: C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.HaloSpartanAssault_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\2533274810843141 and deleting savedata.bin. (Replace [Username] with the username connected to the PC user account when the save data was created.) (The 2533274810843141 will probably be a different number for you.)

-Go offline and start Halo: Spartan Assault. Once loaded, your progress should be currently reset and you should still own the achievements previously unlocked.

-Complete at least one mission while offline to create a new local save file.

-Now go to main menu and go online while in game.

-Complete another mission to be safe, go check your stats and everything should be reset still.

-From now on whenever you leave the game and come back, your stats should be reset. :)
  • ZenkotoZenkoto595,322
    Posted on 30 July 18 at 21:06
    @MasterLerwing: I'm glad it worked out. Thanks for tweaking the method.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 August 18 at 19:30
    Zenkoto said:
    @MasterLerwing: I'm glad it worked out. Thanks for tweaking the method.
    @Zenkoto thanks for sharing the method :) You are a lifesaver.
  • The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,903,899
    Posted on 29 September 18 at 15:51
    Can you use this method to reset and then import progress from Win8 to X360/WP if you've completed X1? Seems clear from the above that I could redo Win8 but I'm wondering if I can then carry it over into the other platforms. (I would leave a few challenges undone and do them on each.)
  • Xcaliber147Xcaliber147241,635
    Posted on 03 November 18 at 01:59
    So I don't have either of these achievements on either platform but I am planning on doing them soon. Should I complete 74 (60 original and 14 from operation F) mission challenges on my preferred platform then sync and complete the last ones on each platform? or am I forced to complete one then just delete save info on the other and play offline to get these achievements.
    Xcaliber
  • ZX KNIGHTZX KNIGHT232,932
    Posted on 04 November 18 at 22:04
    This by Zenkoto outlined above is how I did it and it worked fine without having to mess around:

"You can, but it's more efficient to get the Extra Credit and A for Effort achievements on Windows 8 first while leaving some Assault Ops unfinished. Then sync the data from Windows 8 to Xbox One and complete the rest of the Assault Ops on Xbox One."

So I basically did Operation F and A for Effort on Windows 8 and then logged into the Xbox One and finished the rest of the Assault Ops to round it out.
  • KeeperOfLawKeeperOfLaw2,407,432
    Posted on 07 August 19 at 23:33
    Just a heads up for those that do not want to try this method; you can also get both of the achievements by setting your date back to 2014 and just complete a weekly challenge
  • GuidalityGuidality899,935
    Posted on 12 May 20 at 00:23
    LoneCreative said:
    Just a heads up for those that do not want to try this method; you can also get both of the achievements by setting your date back to 2014 and just complete a weekly challenge
    How exactly does that work? When I tried to do that, my game had a countdown until the next update that would keep resetting once it reached all zeros
  • KeeperOfLawKeeperOfLaw2,407,432
    Posted on 12 May 20 at 01:30, Edited on 12 May 20 at 01:32 by KeeperOfLaw
    Guidality said:
    How exactly does that work? When I tried to do that, my game had a countdown until the next update that would keep resetting once it reached all zeros
    I believe I just set the date in windows settings back to 2014 and started the game and it worked. You can try setting it back to 2013 or try a different month.
  • ZalexzyZalexzy2,707,445
    Posted on 29 May 20 at 09:41, Edited on 03 July 20 at 13:12 by Zalexzy
    You can get these with proper time stamps too. Just go back in time, do challenge and check challenge tracker between missions so you know when it will completed.

After starting mission final time for challenge completion, change date back to current day, and once you fulfill challenge requirement achievements pop with stamp on current date.

I currently have 75 completed for Win8 and WP versions. For 90 challenges, I figure only version trick doesn't work for online stamp is Xbox 360 version, so going to pop it there first and then use date trick on other 3 versions. (Wp, win8, xbox one)
    Any problem solved is a new problem made.
  • Posted on 03 July 20 at 08:46
    Zalexzy said:
    You can get these with proper time stamps too. Just go back in time, do challenge and check challenge tracker between missions so you know when it will completed.

After starting mission final time for challenge completion, change date back to current day, and once you fulfill challenge requirement achievements pop with stamp on current date.

I currently have 75 completed for Win8 and WP versions. For 90 challenges, I figure only version trick doesn't work for online stamp is Xbox 360 version, so going to pop it there first and then use date trick on other 3 versions.
    What about X1 version ?
  • ZalexzyZalexzy2,707,445
    Posted on 03 July 20 at 09:48
    CrysisWarXX3 said:
    Zalexzy said:

I currently have 75 completed for Win8 and WP versions. For 90 challenges, I figure only version trick doesn't work for online stamp is Xbox 360 version, so going to pop it there first and then use date trick on other 3 versions.
    What about X1 version ?
    "I figure only version trick doesn't work for online stamp is Xbox 360 version, so going to pop it there first and then use date trick on other 3 versions."

Xbox One is one of 3 other versions, changing date works fine there.
    Any problem solved is a new problem made.
  • Posted on 03 July 20 at 10:01
    Zalexzy said:
    CrysisWarXX3 said:
    Zalexzy said:

What about X1 version ?
    "I figure only version trick doesn't work for online stamp is Xbox 360 version, so going to pop it there first and then use date trick on other 3 versions."

Xbox One is one of 3 other versions, changing date works fine there.
    Thanks this is very important information.
  • guycarbguycarb482,225
    Posted on 11 October 21 at 19:19
    Zalexzy said:

Can confirm this still works as of 10/11/21.

I first completed on the 360, then the One and just now am making my way through it for the 3rd time. Worked like a charm, thanks Zalexzy! toast
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads