Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: May 22nd, 2018

• DAN5KI97DAN5KI97521,617
    Posted on 22 May 18 at 09:44
    TricKyRicKy xD said:
    DAN5KI97 said:
    TheGreatKoala said:
    x Mataeus x said:
    In the UK, you can get FO4 GOTY on disc, new, for £20.

You can buy the base game from CEX for £4! Crazy.
    That's because physical copies are always(99.99999% with a 0.00001% margin of error) much cheaper than digital ones.

But please don't praise CEX, they are absolute rip off merchants and are the scum of the used game industry.

Disgusting company
    I agree 100% you'd have to be a complete idiot to sell your games to these people! Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.
    I don’t follow? I bought far cry 5 for £42 then sold it 2 weeks later to Cex for £45.
    Hm, well most things they make triple profit on if not more so I mean in general I suppose. Games that are much older hardly sell for anything. Consoles and accessories are a big one where they'll buy it off you for next to nothing.
    DAN5KI97
  • OlivierL57OlivierL57926,467
    Posted on 22 May 18 at 09:44
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    ghostlymostly said:
    Shadow complex remastered is a pretty sweet deal :)
    Was thinking the same thing! Been wanting it for awhile now. Beat the 360 version back in the day. One of my all time arcade Rafa..Kinda thrown off by the TA Ratio for this one...seems oddly high for some reason...I'm still completely dumbfounded by the fact it never got a sequel! Madness I tell ya! 😝
    Some of the achievements are much harder on the One version, especially the two speedruns in less than 2 and 3 hours. But there are good guides on the site and i had a blast doing them.
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant1,125,535
    Posted on 22 May 18 at 10:04
    TricKyRicKy xD said:
    DAN5KI97 said:
    TheGreatKoala said:
    x Mataeus x said:

That's because physical copies are always(99.99999% with a 0.00001% margin of error) much cheaper than digital ones.

But please don't praise CEX, they are absolute rip off merchants and are the scum of the used game industry.

Disgusting company
    I agree 100% you'd have to be a complete idiot to sell your games to these people! Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.
    I don’t follow? I bought far cry 5 for £42 then sold it 2 weeks later to Cex for £45.
    roll Sure you did.
    This post may be sarcastic.
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo329,329
    Posted on 22 May 18 at 10:10
    Would love to play Trials but the achievements are just ridiculous. I’m still trying to complete Trials Evo DLC...
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19772,103,468
    Posted on 22 May 18 at 10:30, Edited on 22 May 18 at 10:32 by Legohead 1977
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    TricKyRicKy xD said:
    DAN5KI97 said:
    TheGreatKoala said:
    x Mataeus x said:

Disgusting company
    roll Sure you did.
    It's possible...I once bought Animal Crossing for the Cube for £20 with a free memory card from Gamestation, played it for two months, decided I was playing it too much, traded it at GAME for £25. Kept the memory card!

Pretty sure it's not a regular thing, but miracles do happen!

CEX on the whole sell their games for less than GAME, but it's the same as any industry. If you want to save time and effort then you can trade stuff in there. If you want more money but don't mind putting the effort in then you can get more for your stuff.
    Legohead 1977
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead787,576
    Posted on 22 May 18 at 10:32, Edited on 22 May 18 at 10:34 by HolyHalfDead
    ManicMetalhead said:
    I remember when the Fallout 4 Season Pass was £25 without discount cry
    Fallout 4 GOTYE seems to be going on a reverse sale, first it was $29.99 (50% off) and like a fool I didn't buy it thinking it would go to 60% or 67% off, but instead it went to $35.99 (40% off) and now $40.19 (33% off).

VisceralGnat84 said:
    It's still £18.99 if you take the digital code in the GOTY version from amazon UK and throw away the disk-
    Thanks for the tip-off toast

They don't ship it to New Zealand, so I am going to fly over and pick it up. I don't like physical (especially when it includes a one time use code) but £18.99 (= $25.56 = 57% off) is too good to pass up.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 22 May 18 at 12:03
    CQOzymandias said:
    Huh, guess the merging of the 360 and One sales list was a glitch or something. Right after I posted my comment the page updated and 360 stuff was gone. Sad.
    360 games shows for me still.

ShadowRaven9 said:
    Little typo- Fallout 4 Season Pass doesnt actually include Fallout 4. If that were the case, there would be no reason for the price difference with the GOTY edition
    ^Underlining this inclusion. It's still there :)
    Looking for writers for gamingirl.com. PM me for more information.
  • Posted on 22 May 18 at 12:11
    Excellent job on how the DLC is now listed. Game title included making it easy to see what it goes with.

Some good sales this week. Shadow Complex Remastered and Inside jump out for me.
  • Cr4ck Sh0t23Cr4ck Sh0t231,731,063
    Posted on 22 May 18 at 12:13
    Anyone have anything good to say about mighty morphin power rangers: mega battle? It looks like a pretty good deal but it also looks difficult than its letting on.
  • XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,158,200
    Posted on 22 May 18 at 12:21
    Guess it's time to play through the greatest XBLA title again.
  • Rista BRista B914,271
    Posted on 22 May 18 at 12:36
    I like the combined page of 360 and One sales. Also as others have commented the description of what game the DLC is for is great.
    Remember Philando Castile, a fellow gamer, a human being, Rest in Peace
  • CQOzymandiasCQOzymandias671,159
    Posted on 22 May 18 at 13:13
    Twinkling82 said:
    CQOzymandias said:
    Huh, guess the merging of the 360 and One sales list was a glitch or something. Right after I posted my comment the page updated and 360 stuff was gone. Sad.
    360 games shows for me still.
    Sure enough, here I am 8 hours later and I see it again too! :)
  • Posted on 22 May 18 at 13:13
    HolyHalfDead said:
    ManicMetalhead said:
    I remember when the Fallout 4 Season Pass was £25 without discount cry
    Fallout 4 GOTYE seems to be going on a reverse sale, first it was $29.99 (50% off) and like a fool I didn't buy it thinking it would go to 60% or 67% off, but instead it went to $35.99 (40% off) and now $40.19 (33% off).

VisceralGnat84 said:
    It's still £18.99 if you take the digital code in the GOTY version from amazon UK and throw away the disk-
    Thanks for the tip-off toast

They don't ship it to New Zealand, so I am going to fly over and pick it up. I don't like physical (especially when it includes a one time use code) but £18.99 (= $25.56 = 57% off) is too good to pass up.
    Considering you guys have been on here for quite a while and have bought many games that are not fo4, it's safe to assume you guys don't actually want to play the game, but would rather have something to bitch about. Just my opinion.
  • gavmanwv3gavmanwv32,099,204
    Posted on 22 May 18 at 13:19
    Went for Monster Jam: Crush It (down to the last letter achievement in only a couple of hours last night), Limbo, Spartan (for less than $1.50, why not), and the Namco Arcade Bundle (had it on disc with CE2 and sold it, want to try to finish Galaga and Pac-Man). dance
  • Cellar AtticCellar Attic535,746
    Posted on 22 May 18 at 13:36
    Looks like I'm just going to have to get Tony Hawk 5 used. That's far too steep for a game that's been out 2.5 years.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm653,349
    Posted on 22 May 18 at 13:58
    GALAGA, Pac-Man, & DIG DUG for 2 USD!
  • RadicalKoopaRadicalKoopa738,013
    Posted on 22 May 18 at 14:02
    Suppose i will pick up pack man considering its his birthday today.clap
  • KorvanickKorvanick439,963
    Posted on 22 May 18 at 14:07
    Horse Racing 2016 is $1.50? Literally can't pass on this.
  • Assist BeanAssist Bean656,725
    Posted on 22 May 18 at 14:39
    I remember seeing somebody in the past few weekly sales complain that Sniper Elite 4 was never on sale, hopefully they're very happy today.

I bought it also but that's cause I forgot that I hadn't played it.
  • Reina WattReina Watt689,078
    Posted on 22 May 18 at 15:08
    Got the season pass for Farming Simulator 17, I do intend on resuming with that game eventually. Also got the likely very naff Horse Riding 2016, cheap enough and I'm up for playing something bad for the laughs.

Also bought two items from last week's sale a few hours before those sales ended, Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 and the expansion pass for Shadow Of War.
    Why get a life when as a gamer you live more lives than you can manage
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads