Game Discussion: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition (Win 10) Forum

Can't install from windows store

AuthorMessage
ArpyAndMoonie
ArpyAndMoonie
Posted on 24 May 18 at 15:57
Just bought the game today and when I press the install button it greys out but it doesnt actually install.

Tried redownloading the windows store and even updates the xbox app but still nothing

so weird and annoying :( help!
B0ngAAA
B0ngAAA
Posted on 24 May 18 at 16:04
I had same problem, but instead of greying-out. Whenever I pressed Install button it just reopened store. Infinite loop.

It was fixed with latest windows 10 update.

You can try changing location on your windows and try downloading from different region or just wait.

You can also try clearing your store cache. To do so press "Windows" button and type in wsreset.exe, right click on it and run it as administrator.
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 24 May 18 at 18:04
Normally when it's greyed out that means you don't meet the minimum requirements for download. That was the issue I was having on my machine anyways.
See You Space Cowboy...
ArpyAndMoonie
ArpyAndMoonie
Posted on 25 May 18 at 12:55
B0ngAAA said:
I had same problem, but instead of greying-out. Whenever I pressed Install button it just reopened store. Infinite loop.

It was fixed with latest windows 10 update.

You can try changing location on your windows and try downloading from different region or just wait.

You can also try clearing your store cache. To do so press "Windows" button and type in wsreset.exe, right click on it and run it as administrator.
Wow thanks! update did the trick!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.