Game Discussion: State of Decay 2 Forum

Legacy Missions

AuthorMessage
Lavindathar
Lavindathar
Posted on 25 May 18 at 00:47
So I was playing, and the legacy quest line for my leader popped up. No problem.

Except my leader was fatigued, inured and had the blood plague. Obviously she wasn’t going out in that state. I tried to switch character, and it warned me about abandoning the mission.

Sure, got no choice. I swapped so she could heal up. But how do I make it pop back up? As it currently stands, after three or four hours more on that character it hasn’t appeared so I can’t continue, anyone have any ideas?
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 25 May 18 at 01:59
I've quit the mission and eventually it's come back. Try doing sonnet other quests?

Then again, the game is clearly buggy.
Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
Lavindathar
Lavindathar
Posted on 25 May 18 at 02:23
Sashamorning said:
I've quit the mission and eventually it's come back. Try doing sonnet other quests?

Then again, the game is clearly buggy.
Yeah I’ve done quite a few other things, for a few hours, but if it doesn’t come back then obviously I can’t complete the play through :(
lab0kup
lab0kup
Posted on 25 May 18 at 19:10
I have destroyed all hearts, my main mission is: Define your Community's Legacy. And nothing happens.
What should i do?
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 26 May 18 at 05:27
Maybe tru running around a bit as your leader? No clue.
Healtti
Healtti
Posted on 26 May 18 at 07:19
The "legacy mission bug" is a very common one. A ton of people are experiencing it regardless of the leader class.

I had this happen on PC and I tried loading earlier saves and making a different choices, doing side missions. Nothing worked. Until I exiled the "glitched" leader and elected a new one. That kicked off the legacy mission chain. Alternatively you can transition to a new area which does mean re-doing the plaguehearts. Or wait for a patch.
SrK Johny
SrK Johny
Posted on 28 May 18 at 10:49
Unistall and reinstall the game will fix that bug, at least it worked for me
AsP Bale 11
AsP Bale 11
Posted on 28 May 18 at 13:18
Im going to try uninstalling because ive been running around for days doing pointless missions and looting hoping that the legacy quests appear. Don't want to exile my leader because he's easily my best survivor.
martsmall
martsmall
Posted on 28 May 18 at 23:50
Im in the same situation got the other 3 but for some reason the sheriff 1 isnt working . The legacy missions are not showing
Ive tried

Uninstalling then reinstalling

Moving to another area then again ive got rid of all the hearts i can c and not getting missions from other groups 2 help with any hearts

The mission saying we have destroyed all the hearts is not popping up
2 days just on this 1 lol

Tried 3 other sheriffs still the same

Any suggestions?
Xanirus
Xanirus
Posted on 29 May 18 at 00:43, Edited on 29 May 18 at 00:57 by Xanirus
Going to give my thoughts and some conclusions at the end, not sure if I ever had this bug or not, because I think it largely depends on whether or not a certain amount of time is supposed to pass before the next Legacy mission comes.

My experience is I've gone from between doing Legacy missions and Plague Hearts. I discover what is according to my current character the last plague heart. Beat that mission, and immediately get a notification about defining a Legacy, of which is to build a gym. (I actually laughed at this point, because building a gym is a far cry from stopping a widespread plague.)

After I did that, next was to upgrade the gym. Did that. Next was to kill 10 zombies with melee weapons....as if the previous 500 zombies I killed since I started playing wasn't significant enough. Lol.

After that, I had nothing, but still had the notification of defining a legacy. The only mission that remained was a side mission to "Extend an offer to recruit the Rumrunners" that I had going on for a while because I knew I didn't have the room.

At that point, I saw this thread, and started to think maybe I was experiencing the same thing, but it's not like a whole lot of time has passed before I usually saw Legacy missions come up, (if that is indeed how it's supposed to work) so maybe I didn't. I take the suggestion to reinstall the game, so I do that. Loaded my game again, and same thing. I decide to see what would happen if I just go ahead and finish that mission, even if it means sadly declining them, (even though I honestly hated the Rumrunners, if you did their story you'd know why) so I go ahead and do that.

Seemingly a few minutes later I get a new Legacy mission to pop up, this time one I know I haven't seen before from delaying the previous ones all the time, and story-wise sounds like a follow-up to destroying the plague hearts.

However, it was also approaching morning when this happened. I destroyed the last plague heart and built my gym at the previous dusk and night before. Either reinstalling worked, or I never had the bug. To conclude, either:

- a certain amount of time is supposed to pass between legacy missions, as this would make sense since the game is about surviving off the resources of the map, something that IMO would become trivial if you could just do the missions immediately one right after the other

- legacy missions always start in the morning specifically (though it's not like I've been paying attention when they did start previously)

- or legacy missions are actually not supposed to be generating at all before destroying all the plague hearts and this is actually a huge bug messing up with progression. (Since it does seem silly that building a gym was the next step. (When I already had an armory, workshop, and enough resources to make my morale reach "empowered.") I can't remember if any legacy missions involved destroying plague hearts, I just know other followers sometimes want to do this.
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 29 May 18 at 09:02
I did all my plague hearts before even promoting anyone to leader. Yeah, I didnt realize how to promote them. I had no bug.
RockNRollSauce
Posted on 31 May 18 at 18:45
The legacy quest line is completed when you take control of your leader and accept the quest, then just head on out of town! Drive (or walk) towards the Giant yellow symbol of a new area. Done deal.
Xanirus
Xanirus
Posted on 31 May 18 at 19:18, Edited on 31 May 18 at 19:23 by Xanirus
RockNRollSauce said:
The legacy quest line is completed when you take control of your leader and accept the quest, then just head on out of town! Drive (or walk) towards the Giant yellow symbol of a new area. Done deal.
The issue of the thread is the legacy missions not appearing, NOT how to do them.

Besides, you really should specify for what leader type this is for, as this was NOT how I finished mine, the Warlord, which was to kill some random people in a random house.

Unless it's for the Trader or Builder or something, (I have only played the Warlord but I doubt it's that easy) that doesn't complete the legacy, that's just moving to another map, forcing you to do plague hearts again and possibly the entire legacy once more, and you can do this ANY time, not just at the end of your legacy. In other words, it's new game+.

If you want to complete the legacy mission and actually unlock the legacy bonus, this is the last thing you want to do and you would of wasted your last 20 hours or so, unless continuing on is what you want to do. You HAVE to finish your legacy mission and actually END your play-through of that community and NOT move town, the game warns you and makes this quite clear right before you accept the last mission.
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 31 May 18 at 20:02, Edited on 31 May 18 at 20:03 by Sashamorning
Try this?

Disconnect from Live, exile your leader, choose a new one, see if the quests work? It'll suck if it does because then you'll have to do that to get it to work.

But if it doesn't, delete your local save and reconnect. Then hopefully a patch will eventually fix it.
Nightmare Clown
Posted on 02 June 18 at 06:58
Well the update still doesnt fix the problem Im having. My leader isn't getting any legacy missions and I am currently stuck doing nothing, hell im not getting any legacy missions for anyone.
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 02 June 18 at 11:58
In other words, whatever very little of the story that is supposed to exist doesn't exist in your world.

What a total bummer. Hope it gets fixed.
BegFourMercy
BegFourMercy
Posted on 02 June 18 at 21:11
@Nightmare Clown. Did you build the large base item for you selected leader? For example, the warlord Armory? It took me a bit to get the sherrif to start, I just went around doing the special requests, then it started.
Nightmare Clown
Posted on 02 June 18 at 22:06
BegFourMercy said:
@Nightmare Clown. Did you build the large base item for you selected leader? For example, the warlord Armory? It took me a bit to get the sherrif to start, I just went around doing the special requests, then it started.
Currently I am a trader. I already had it up before the update, so possibly I can destroy it and rebuild it to see if that sparks something.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 04 June 18 at 13:10
I was having the same problem with my Sheriff. After I cleared all plague hearts, I kept getting the message to talk to 2 or 3 members in the community. After I did that, I would get influence and the mission would be over. I took the opportunity to just upgrade my base, kills zombies and loot. I seriously thought I would have to wait for a patch but it finally started after 6 days or so.
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 04 June 18 at 20:15
Well, they just patched it. toast
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.