The TrueAchievements Podcast

Forum for discussing the TrueAchievements Podcast - show feedback and new ideas

TA Podcast: State of Decay 2, Battlefield V, Trailblazers and Win a Game

• DaveKineticDaveKinetic629,900
  • DariusDaSnepDariusDaSnep508,154
    Posted on 25 May 18 at 18:06
    IM honestly excited for the play list of june can wait for more people to start playing that game! heck ive not even started the game but i think i will start it next month and start disscussing it with others!
  • SwearySeanSwearySean1,098,820
    Posted on 25 May 18 at 18:27
    I'm just glad I can have some organisation with the new update!
    Don't feed the trolls
  • ShinnizleShinnizle1,711,549
    Posted on 25 May 18 at 18:47
    The backlash over the Battlefield V reveal is extremely funny to read.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • angelskangelsk1,204,697
    Posted on 25 May 18 at 19:46
    Three things :)

1. Whomever is clicking/ typing during pod mute your mic pls ;)
    2. Women fighting in the wars *is* historically accurate; that's the funny part of this whole uproar.
    3. I forgot the third thing..... keep up the awesome work :D

Oh no wait, I remember, series pages are awesome - please can we have trackable leaderboards!!!!! I'm nearly in the top 10 for LEGO!
  • MakeMeACoffeeMakeMeACoffee1,289,787
    Posted on 25 May 18 at 20:16
    I'm surprised at how dismissive you guys were of the criticism of battlefield. Telling people to grow up is just as bad as people having a meltdown about having women in the game in the first place. It seemed like you were boiling the argument down to the point where any creative liberties (like regenerating health, reviving someone with a syringe, sprinting around with an MG, yada yada) to make a fun game give you licence to abandon any other aspects of physics or history.

Personally, I think its a strange move to include women in a WW2 game - but its not like they will be running around in bikinis with flowing hair. Chances are from a distance you wont even be able to see much of a difference. BF1 was great and I'm sure BFV will be even better having read some of the proposed changes to gameplay mechanics.
  • angelskangelsk1,204,697
    Posted on 25 May 18 at 20:45
    angelsk said:
    MakeMeACoffee said:
    Personally, I think its a strange move to include women in a WW2 game .
    Let me google that for you: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=women+in+world+war+2
    I only skimmed most of the links in the first page of results I got, but it seemed to me they were largely saying that the women that got closest to the front lines mostly helped out as messengers, doctors, cooks, mechanics, etc. - barely any had combat roles which is the aspect of warfare that BF games are mostly trying to capture?

I don't know what your take is?
  • iTz Canada EhhiTz Canada Ehh1,135,416
    Posted on 25 May 18 at 21:52, Edited on 25 May 18 at 21:55 by iTz Canada Ehh
    MakeMeACoffee said:
    angelsk said:
    MakeMeACoffee said:
    Personally, I think its a strange move to include women in a WW2 game .
    Let me google that for you: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=women+in+world+war+2
    I only skimmed most of the links in the first page of results I got, but it seemed to me they were largely saying that the women that got closest to the front lines mostly helped out as messengers, doctors, cooks, mechanics, etc. - barely any had combat roles which is the aspect of warfare that BF games are mostly trying to capture?

I don't know what your take is?
    The majority of women did have auxiliary roles or specialty roles, such as sabotage groups, in their respective armies after reading that link. The only countries that actually used women as infantry were the Soviets and the Yugoslavians.
  • Posted on 26 May 18 at 03:55
    Shinnizle said:
    The backlash over the Battlefield V reveal is extremely funny to read.
    I’m with you. If it was a man with a claw it would look great but because it’s on a woman people are mad. Not just gaming companies but a lot of companies are trying to be more inclusive to a wider audience. Just because this particular ad doesn’t target a specific a specific group doesn’t mean it’s dumb.

I remember reading something about how Fable 3 wanted the character on the box be an African American woman and Microsoft said no.

Found the link...

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-rejected-fable-d...
  • JblacqJblacq989,068
    Posted on 26 May 18 at 15:49
    I watched the stream of State of Decay 2, and it looks like something I'd be interested in playing but I've got so many games I haven't even started and even more I still need to finish! cry

One thing I wanted to ask is how do we send in questions? I've had a question I wanted to ask since the TA Anniversary update. smile
  • Posted on 26 May 18 at 17:50
    Jblacq said:
    I watched the stream of State of Decay 2, and it looks like something I'd be interested in playing but I've got so many games I haven't even started and even more I still need to finish! cry

One thing I wanted to ask is how do we send in questions? I've had a question I wanted to ask since the TA Anniversary update. smile
    Through Twitter. Follow TA and on the Thursday’s they ask for questions.
  • eayragteayragt314,828
    Posted on 27 May 18 at 06:12
    I never realised that some people thought Battlefield and COD games were 100% accurate with zero creative license laugh

Although sadly it does justify companies pushing gender stereotypes, as there are people who do get upset at women in certain games. Although their opinion is quite sad, they also bring a lot of money to the table (although female gamers also bring a lot of money to the table, but this is largely underutilised on consoles).
    Say everything with a smile
  • Posted on 27 May 18 at 18:08
    Roblox is a terrible game. I played it for the free easy 1,000, but I see kids playing it in the library all the time. I just don't understand the appeal.
    Posted on 27 May 18 at 22:23
    RepentantHades7 said:
    Roblox is a terrible game. I played it for the free easy 1,000, but I see kids playing it in the library all the time. I just don't understand the appeal.
    Isn't that like saying you don't see the appeal of Duplo or similar? It's designed with kids in mind so naturally appeals to them and not you?
  • Posted on 28 May 18 at 18:16
    Great podcast. I might get Trailblazers,seems an interesting idea for a racing game.
  • mrbellekmrbellek529,956
    Posted on 29 May 18 at 05:46
    Great question about translating the site! I was wondering that myself just last week. It's a lot of work, but people will keep asking until you give in! :)

I for one would instantly volunteer for helping with the Dutch translations!
  • triplepowtriplepow219,855
    Posted on 29 May 18 at 16:06
    Rich sounding like a kid on the way to the sweet shop funny - poor old Jack has to sit through the first 15 minutes without saying anything more than hello!

Is it still State of Decay week if you don't get round to it until before you've heard this? A couple of hours in and it's true that you sort of "figure it out" from what I've seen so far!
    Not trying is the same as failing!
  • ShinnizleShinnizle1,711,549
  • XealonXealon946,823
    Posted on 31 May 18 at 11:30
    Looking forward to trying quantum break. Been on my radar for a while but just never got around to it. Playlist is a great excuse to try it next month
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.