Game Info Submission Archive: State of Decay 2 Forum

Archive for the Game Info Submission board

State of Decay 2 - Achievement Flag submissions

Related game: State of Decay 2

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 26 May 18 at 15:41
Sashamorning has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for State of Decay 2 Achievements:

Sashamorning said:
State of Decay 2I Ran So Far AwayThe I Ran So Far Away achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 20 pointsChoose a specialization for the Cardio skill.

Missable. If the campaign ends without having done this, will have to build another character up.

State of Decay 2Knowing is Half the BattleThe Knowing is Half the Battle achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 19 pointsChoose a specialization for the Wits skill.

Missable. If the campaign ends without having done this, will have to build another character up.

State of Decay 2Wax On, Wax OffThe Wax On, Wax Off achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 20 pointsChoose a specialization for the Fighting skill.

State of Decay 2Short Controlled BurstsThe Short Controlled Bursts achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 24 pointsChoose a specialization for the Shooting skill.

State of Decay 2Mediocre!The Mediocre! achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 34 pointsElect a warlord as the leader of your community.

State of Decay 2Nice Moves ThereThe Nice Moves There achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 27 pointsElect a sheriff as the leader of your community.

State of Decay 2Doctor TerminusThe Doctor Terminus achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 40 pointsElect a trader as the leader of your community.

State of Decay 2Can We Fix It? Yes We Can!The Can We Fix It? Yes We Can! achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 36 pointsElect a builder as the leader of your community.

State of Decay 2Be Still My Dog of WarThe Be Still My Dog of War achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 110 pointsComplete a campaign with the warlord's legacy.

Missable, not MPR. This can be earned during the first playthrough, but without a cloud save glitch, each of these are missable.

State of Decay 2I Am the LawThe I Am the Law achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 102 pointsComplete a campaign with the sheriff's legacy.

Missable, not MPR. This can be earned during the first playthrough, but without a cloud save glitch, each of these are missable.

State of Decay 2Speedy DeliveryThe Speedy Delivery achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 116 pointsComplete a campaign with the trader's legacy.

State of Decay 2If You Build It, They Will ComeThe If You Build It, They Will Come achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 108 pointsComplete a campaign with the builder's legacy.

State of Decay 2Others and WightsThe Others and Wights achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 184 pointsKill 10,000 zombies.

Time consuming. At 48 hours clocked, I still have 6500 to go. This will be very grindy.

State of Decay 2War RigThe War Rig achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 48 pointsUse the Auto Shop to create an upgrade kit and apply it to a vehicle.

Missable. If the campaign ends without having done this, will have to restart campaign and build up to this.

State of Decay 2Who Run Bartertown?The Who Run Bartertown? achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 50 pointsBuild the Trade Depot facility at your base.

Missable. If the campaign ends without having done this, will have to build another character up to be the correct leader class.

State of Decay 2Mercy HospitalThe Mercy Hospital achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 39 pointsBuild the Field Hospital facility at your base.

Missable. If the campaign ends without having done this, will have to build another character up to be the correct leader class.

State of Decay 2Citizens First and Soldiers SecondThe Citizens First and Soldiers Second achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 44 pointsBuild the Armory facility at your base.

State of Decay 2Enemy at the GatesThe Enemy at the Gates achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 45 pointsBuild the Sniper Tower facility at your base.

SuperAwesomez
SuperAwesomez
Posted on 28 May 18 at 13:34
Heya Sashamorning,

thanks for the flag submissions will have a look and see what needed added.

toast
Information Posted on 29 May 18 at 11:49
This post was archived by x D00G x
Information Posted on 25 July 18 at 16:54
Kanchanaburi has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for State of Decay 2 Achievements:

Kanchanaburi said:
State of Decay 2These DreamsThe These Dreams achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 34 pointsDestroy 5 plague hearts.

Campaign related. This must be done to advance the campaign. 5 is half way through the all hearts which precedes the final mission.

State of Decay 2I Ran So Far AwayThe I Ran So Far Away achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 20 pointsChoose a specialization for the Cardio skill.

NOT MISSABLE. can be gotten anytime and from any character, and considering you can have as many characters as you can, not missable in any way.

State of Decay 2Knowing is Half the BattleThe Knowing is Half the Battle achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 19 pointsChoose a specialization for the Wits skill.

NOT MISSABLE. can be gotten anytime and from any character, and considering you can have as many characters as you can, not missable in any way.

State of Decay 2Wax On, Wax OffThe Wax On, Wax Off achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 20 pointsChoose a specialization for the Fighting skill.

Seriously, TA needs to audit who puts these achievement flags up.

State of Decay 2Short Controlled BurstsThe Short Controlled Bursts achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 24 pointsChoose a specialization for the Shooting skill.

State of Decay 2Mediocre!The Mediocre! achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 34 pointsElect a warlord as the leader of your community.

you can have all 4 leaders in a single play thru. so this is NOT missable.

You just need to evict the other hero before getting a new one.

State of Decay 2Nice Moves ThereThe Nice Moves There achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 27 pointsElect a sheriff as the leader of your community.

State of Decay 2Doctor TerminusThe Doctor Terminus achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 40 pointsElect a trader as the leader of your community.

State of Decay 2Can We Fix It? Yes We Can!The Can We Fix It? Yes We Can! achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 36 pointsElect a builder as the leader of your community.

State of Decay 2Total EclipseThe Total Eclipse achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 92 pointsDestroy every plague heart in your territory.

campaign related, you must destroy all hearts before you advance to the final chapter.

State of Decay 2Who Run Bartertown?The Who Run Bartertown? achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 50 pointsBuild the Trade Depot facility at your base.

Has already been proven NOT MISSABLE. you only need the right hero to build this.

as stated in the solution, if you have a different hero, get rid of him - evict or kill, and when you get a new hero they can build their special thing.

State of Decay 2Mercy HospitalThe Mercy Hospital achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 39 pointsBuild the Field Hospital facility at your base.

Has already been proven NOT MISSABLE. you only need the right hero to build this.

as stated in the solution, if you have a different hero, get rid of him - evict or kill, and when you get a new hero they can build their special thing.

State of Decay 2Citizens First and Soldiers SecondThe Citizens First and Soldiers Second achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 44 pointsBuild the Armory facility at your base.

State of Decay 2Enemy at the GatesThe Enemy at the Gates achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 45 pointsBuild the Sniper Tower facility at your base.

Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi
Posted on 25 July 18 at 17:00
SuperAwesomez said:
Heya Sashamorning,

thanks for the flag submissions will have a look and see what needed added.

toast
Not getting an achievement before the campaign ends is NOT a missable achievement. That would imply that all acheivements are missable.

I think we are getting to 'used' to open world games where the game continues after we have finished the game.

You have 20-25 hours to get cardio, shooting and the other kills. In order to play the game, you MUST do these things, and use multiple charters. Getting one of them up and then getting the achievement is going to happen.

That is like saying.... if you don't kill a juggernaut or a screamer during your campaign playthru, then it is missable.

the only truly MISSABLE ACHIEVEMENTS would be leaving a specific character as a hero since you MUST redo the campaign over again (unless you wish to play with deleting saves and the cloud)....

all other promote hero achievements and build their special building can be done in the same playthru.... evict or kill off the hero, promote another.
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 26 July 18 at 07:42, Edited on 02 August 18 at 04:02 by Sashamorning
Once the campaign ends, there is no continuation, going back, rewind, chapter select, or anything. Once you go through that last campaign mission, everything is over. That caught a lot of people off guard, including me. I had to go back and spend a lot of time building it up again.

In other words, if i finished the campaign, did not get the achievement, and must restart another play to get it, that's "missable." I did that from experience... with the cardio skill. It did not happen, so clearly it was not automatically "going to happen."

That one achievement is actually why I submitted these flags in the first place.

I would argue that the missable achievements are still missable, even the build missions, since if the hero is not exiled, it can be missed. In other words, without playing through the campaign in a way that it was not intended to be played (exiling heroes), these would be missed.

The flag is there so that people know to check for it before they finish.
Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
ChinDocta
ChinDocta
Posted on 16 August 18 at 08:10
Thanks for the submission, Kanchanaburi. As Sasha has pointed out once you complete the final mission the playthrough ends. This is, by definition, a point of no return or in other words the last possible opportunity to earn other achievements. There is no chapter select in the game. By the definition of the flag this makes these achievements missable.

The relevant part of the definition is as follows:
An achievement is flagged as Missable if it is possible to bypass all opportunities to unlock it within a playthrough.
So from the start of the game till the end is there a point in time that you must start a new playthrough to earn the achievement if you had not earned it before it was "missed". Whilst it is assumed to only cover achievements that you may be locked out of it also covers achievements that you may not earn through natural gameplay (assuming you are required to start a new game).

Just for awareness, we do not consider manual saves when flagging.

Given the above information we will not be changing any of the achievements flagged as missable.

We are looking into the two achievements you indicated were Main Story and will respond here once we've taken the correct action.
GI Flagging Manager
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 16 August 18 at 18:16
FWIW, I think that it's correct that all plague hearts are MS. Just my 2 cents.
Woolyguy24
Woolyguy24
Posted on 17 August 18 at 21:19
I made a post that roadkills no longer count. We should bump to let Undead Labs know.
Ahawk30
ChinDocta
ChinDocta
Posted on 19 August 18 at 13:11
Thanks again for the submission, Kanchanaburi. We've made the Main Storyline changes you've suggested but as noted above we have not adjusted any of the missable flagged achievements.
GI Flagging Manager
Information Posted on 19 August 18 at 14:34
This post was archived by MichalKV
Information Posted on 13 September 18 at 04:49
Lord Betus has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Daybreak for State of Decay 2:

You can view the flags they submitted here: Flag submission by Lord Betus for State of Decay 2

Lord Betus said:
The cargo cult achievement popped without me having played the game or started it in over a week. I don't own the DLC so I have no way of properly earning this
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 13 September 18 at 05:31
This just happened to me as well.
SuperAwesomez
SuperAwesomez
Posted on 13 September 18 at 10:31
Thanks Lord Betus and Sashamorning for letting us know about that one being buggy, I have updated it now. toast
Information Posted on 14 September 18 at 16:10
This post was archived by x D00G x
Information Posted on 24 September 18 at 12:47
Ibanez V7 has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for State of Decay 2 Achievements:

Ibanez V7 said:
State of Decay 2The Moral High Ground is MineThe The Moral High Ground is Mine achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 70 pointsReach the fourth wave in a session of Daybreak without any player using guns.

Requires a minimum of 3 players as starting a game with less spawns an AI team member. AI team members fire guns frequently and will void the achievement.

MichalKV
MichalKV
Posted on 25 September 18 at 06:47
Thank you for your submission Ibanez V7. We have added Players Required flag to the achievement.
Information Posted on 25 September 18 at 08:10
This post was archived by SuperAwesomez
Information Posted on 27 May 19 at 20:18
Sighris has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for State of Decay 2 Achievements:

Sighris said:
State of Decay 2Construction CompleteThe Construction Complete achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 6 pointsBuild a facility at your base.

Started game with friend, all achievements I tagged only unlock for host.

State of Decay 2Paradise CityThe Paradise City achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 32 pointsBuild 10 facilities at your base.

State of Decay 2Welcome to the JungleThe Welcome to the Jungle achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 12 pointsRecruit a new survivor to your community.

State of Decay 2Be Still My Dog of WarThe Be Still My Dog of War achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 110 pointsComplete a campaign with the warlord's legacy.

State of Decay 2I Am the LawThe I Am the Law achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 102 pointsComplete a campaign with the sheriff's legacy.

State of Decay 2Speedy DeliveryThe Speedy Delivery achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 116 pointsComplete a campaign with the trader's legacy.

State of Decay 2If You Build It, They Will ComeThe If You Build It, They Will Come achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 108 pointsComplete a campaign with the builder's legacy.

State of Decay 2Dam Fine TerritoryThe Dam Fine Territory achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 40 pointsSettle a base in the foothills territory.

State of Decay 2Ten Thousand Gallon HatThe Ten Thousand Gallon Hat achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 46 pointsSettle a base in the plateau territory.

State of Decay 2Tilting at WindmillsThe Tilting at Windmills achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 49 pointsSettle a base in the valley territory.

State of Decay 2The Next GenerationThe The Next Generation achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 54 pointsStart a new community with survivors from a completed one.

State of Decay 2Friendship is MagicThe Friendship is Magic achievement in State of Decay 2 worth 34 pointsWork with 5 enclaves to make them your allies.

MichalKV
MichalKV
Posted on 11 June 19 at 07:19
Thank you for the submission Sighris. As we have conflicting reports about the achievements unlocking for either host only or all people in the session, we have decided to include the information in the Public Information Box on the game page, instead of flagging every achievement as host only.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.