Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics Achievement List Revealed

AuthorMessage
Dat Boi Treezy
Posted on 29 May 18 at 00:41
25 achievements for 1,000 Gamerscore

Please click here to read the story: SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics Achievement List Revealed
AxemanBionic 27
Posted on 29 May 18 at 00:43
i can buy the EU Version & USA Version, Maxing out both of them for 2000g !!!
webdoggy
452,758
webdoggy
Posted on 29 May 18 at 00:44
Seems pretty easy and uninspired.
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 29 May 18 at 00:46
webdoggy said:
Seems pretty easy and uninspired.
Completing all challenges will stop a lot of people from 100%ing it.
wBRY
683,342
wBRY
Posted on 29 May 18 at 00:50
AxemanHakuma 26 said:
i can buy the EU Version & USA Version, Maxing out both of them for 2000g !!!
Where is the stack?
SpudimusPrime89
Posted on 29 May 18 at 00:51
AxemanHakuma 26 said:
i can buy the EU Version & USA Version, Maxing out both of them for 2000g !!!
There's only one list.
Mannschaft570
611,203
Mannschaft570
Posted on 29 May 18 at 00:51
Lame to say the least.
xSpartanReapers
Posted on 29 May 18 at 00:51
Too bad there's not at least once achievement for each game.
acedawg4
1,461,452
acedawg4
Posted on 29 May 18 at 00:55
Very boring list for such classic games! Way to keep milking money
Dakrkplayer2
766,692
Dakrkplayer2
Posted on 29 May 18 at 01:01
Worst achievement list in 2018. At less the STREET FIGHTER one has a achievement for all the game in the collection. But it miss a lot opportunity as well to.
.XBOX 4 LIFE. https://www.change.org/petitions/to-tell-microsoft-to-make-self-published-live-able-games-on-windows-phone-and-windows-8-and-tell-deve
Fanta Morgana
604,016
Fanta Morgana
Posted on 29 May 18 at 01:11
the difficulty will depend on how difficult the challenges are
Ozbrithian
1,171,807
Ozbrithian
Posted on 29 May 18 at 01:19
How easy this is depends on how Save Scummy you're allowed to get.

It's kinda funny them releasing this game but also making that mini Genesis you can get for $60 that has all the games and competes with the Nintendo Mini.

But can't compete with Raspberry Pi.
It's wrong to break into someone's house. How would you feel if someone's house broke into you?
IronInfidel47
398,047
IronInfidel47
Posted on 29 May 18 at 01:29
Very disappointed but I will attempt to play every single game either way.
TruthfulSkate8
Posted on 29 May 18 at 01:32
Not easy - can't continue and can't save progress on the challenges.

Someone on PSNprofiles says this
Just a heads up these are tough. I grew up with these games and I just can't do most of them.

Looks like no plat for me. These challenges easily make this a 7/10 difficulty.
NameOfTheMaster
Posted on 29 May 18 at 01:41
After Rare Replay, this is a pretty crappy cheev list. Should have lowered the points to try to get every game to have at least 1 cheev.
Cemetery Girls
Posted on 29 May 18 at 01:41
Only 1000GS? That's a bummer, Rare Replay had 4000GS not including the 360 games it came with. For these collections it's the perfect time for dozens and dozens of achievements with a couple thousand GS for good measure. :(
Cemetery Girls
Posted on 29 May 18 at 01:44
AxemanHakuma 26 said:
i can buy the EU Version & USA Version, Maxing out both of them for 2000g !!!
He's referring to the 360 Genesis/Mega Drive collection where there's two different versions. This is only one stack, though, and is much harder.
Big Hat Paul
89,895
Big Hat Paul
Posted on 29 May 18 at 02:00
Cemetery Girls said:
Only 1000GS? That's a bummer, Rare Replay had 4000GS not including the 360 games it came with. For these collections it's the perfect time for dozens and dozens of achievements with a couple thousand GS for good measure. :(
Why does no other collection do this? Was there some sort of loop hole that Rare pulled off to make this happen? Is there a limitation that Microsoft imposes?

I'm at a total loss between this, Street Fighter and Mega Man as to why they did not take this approach. It's so much better than these really "meh" lists.
come join us at - https://discord.gg/bh2c78a (TrueGaming Network Discord)
bLaKgRaVy
533,644
bLaKgRaVy
Posted on 29 May 18 at 02:12, Edited on 29 May 18 at 02:14 by bLaKgRaVy
happibivouac said:
Cemetery Girls said:
Only 1000GS? That's a bummer, Rare Replay had 4000GS not including the 360 games it came with. For these collections it's the perfect time for dozens and dozens of achievements with a couple thousand GS for good measure. :(
Why does no other collection do this? Was there some sort of loop hole that Rare pulled off to make this happen? Is there a limitation that Microsoft imposes?

I'm at a total loss between this, Street Fighter and Mega Man as to why they did not take this approach. It's so much better than these really "meh" lists.
I think the initial release lists, while they can be any number of achievements now (previously the max was 50 on the 360), they still have to be 1000G. Rare Replay might have been a one-off since Microsoft themselves was the publisher. I may be mistaken, though.

Ah I stand corrected. The Ezio Collection had 3000G. There's probably more games like this then. Never mind. I'd just chalk it up to lazy developers who don't really care about the achievements.
tons of puppies
Posted on 29 May 18 at 02:25
That Alex Kidd achievement will be horrendous to endure.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.