Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics Achievement List Revealed

AuthorMessage
MattiasAnderson
Posted on 29 May 18 at 16:28
Ok I wont buy the game! I wanted at least something for beating phantasy star 3 and also the challenges probably ruins the fun of the game.
Magic
TruthfulSkate8
Posted on 29 May 18 at 17:18
xSprinkleOfSoph said:
Looks like a fairly easy and quick completionheadspin
More like no completion... there's an unobtainable in this.

Thanks SEGA for outsourcing these games to incompetent western developers. You would think the Japanese would give their own games the treatment they deserve, but no.
This is a disgrace compared to the 2009 release. That collection showed all the history of the games with included manuals, artworks, videos, unlockable games, etc.

The game room UI here is lacking. Fake cartridge art, no boxarts on the cases, inaccurate region logos on the spines (Sonic 3D Blast EU logo on genesis), an absolutely silent and cold feeling game room UI; Japanese would never develop a hub and UI like this to be so dull and lifeless, just look at the M2 ports - they're sleek and polished. The UI and font resembles more of a look of NES/retro steam indie games. You can't modify settings without zooming out of your game. Only 2 button layouts with no mapping so most games you are stuck with uncomfortable controls. There is a lot of stuttering lag in online multiplayer. No achievements related to some of the games. The rewind feature is great and is better than save-states, but even that is probably copied from Rare Replay. FFS I only played for like an hour and I picked up all these negatives.
jazzaman316
jazzaman316
Posted on 29 May 18 at 18:06
give yourself a bit of a challenge and play the games in mirror mode, just been playing sonic 2 and the bonus stages are great trying to remember where the rings are clap
Inspector 74
Inspector 74
Posted on 29 May 18 at 18:32
I received this garbage Saturday and was so pleased to see the following message appear under the Achievements tab
'Achievements are not supported in this game'
Not only is this a really lacklustre effort from Sega ive had to endure 'the pain and the suffering's no Achievements available to unlock, top that off with receiving 'Agony' early you would think wahey!! games early but 'Agony' has no sound and this had no 'Achievements' at time of writing so the lesson here NEVER buy games before they release fool me once but fool me TWICE ohhhhh the AGONY!!!! ! )
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 29 May 18 at 18:46
Hitman Marko said:
alklein92201 said:
Hitman Marko said:
Don't like it don't buy it. Regardless of the Achievement list or the amount of score I'd still be playing this, for nostalgia and of course entertainment. Have you forgot the original intention of Video Games? Sure Achievements and score are nice, but if they're all you care about, I almost feel sorry for you.
The original intention of video games was to have fun. Who are you or I to tell someone they're enjoying their games wrong? Enjoying them for achievements is no different than enjoying them for a campaign, multiplayer, graphics, trying to get the high score, or anything else.
Nothing wrong with that, but you're missing the point. If they're enjoying them so much, why criticise a Game/it's Achievement list or lack of then go ahead and play it anyway. This seems to happen with a lot of Achievement lists, very strange. Talk about shooting themselves in the foot.
How is this different from people complaining about graphics? Seems to happen a lot... roll

Reina Watt said:
Solo Wing 82 said:
Reina Watt said:
The list might be tough in a few places, getting to the final boss of Streets Of Rage 1 will be impossible due to those twins you fight twice in the game, can fairly burn through the lives and continues fighting them.
Its easy if you use the Rewind button...
And where's the fun and challenge in that? Where's the satisfaction of managing to beat the twins without losing a single continue?

*Old woman gamer mode*In my day, we didn't have those new fangled rewind features, checkpoints and whatchamacallit's, we had rage! REAL RAGE! You young whippersnappers and your fancy gimmicks

Even with a rewind feature anyway it's still going to be a challenge
On the first Streets of Rage, the backwards attack (attack+jump) is virtually invincible (when done in the right timing).

To beat Mona & Lisa you position yourself facing right and wait for them. You hit one in the ground and the other when she jumps to attack you. You have to move eventually or else they will hit you, but it's very easy. ^_^
Stefan Leroux
Stefan Leroux
Posted on 29 May 18 at 19:29
Sonic The Hedgehog - Collect all 6 Chaos Emeralds

Does that mean that we have FINALLY got the Master System version?
It's so underappreciated, that's what I've literally been waiting for
Reina Watt
Reina Watt
Posted on 29 May 18 at 19:45
Stefan Leroux said:

Sadly no, it's the Mega Drive/Genesis version so you'll have to play the special stages to get them.

I would seriously love to see a Master System and Game Gear collection with Sonic 1 appear sometime, love that game so much more than the 16 bit version.
Why get a life when as a gamer you live more lives than you can manage
MathGuy42
MathGuy42
Posted on 29 May 18 at 20:20, Edited on 29 May 18 at 20:20 by MathGuy42
TruthfulSkate8 said:
Only 2 button layouts with no mapping so most games you are stuck with uncomfortable controls.
Xbox One now has universal settings to change button layout. Go to console Settings -> Kinect & Devices -> Devices & Accessories. I don't think there's a way to quickly change layouts or connect layouts to specific games. I agree with you that in-game configuration would be more convenient, but at least this is an option.
Arlanzo
Arlanzo
Posted on 29 May 18 at 21:15
Hitman Marko said:
Don't like it don't buy it. Regardless of the Achievement list or the amount of score I'd still be playing this, for nostalgia and of course entertainment. Have you forgot the original intention of Video Games? Sure Achievements and score are nice, but if they're all you care about, I almost feel sorry for you.
The irony in this post lol.
Arlanzo
Arlanzo
Posted on 29 May 18 at 21:50
Reina Watt said:
Solo Wing 82 said:
Reina Watt said:
The list might be tough in a few places, getting to the final boss of Streets Of Rage 1 will be impossible due to those twins you fight twice in the game, can fairly burn through the lives and continues fighting them.
Its easy if you use the Rewind button...
And where's the fun and challenge in that? Where's the satisfaction of managing to beat the twins without losing a single continue?

*Old woman gamer mode*In my day, we didn't have those new fangled rewind features, checkpoints and whatchamacallit's, we had rage! REAL RAGE! You young whippersnappers and your fancy gimmicks

Even with a rewind feature anyway it's still going to be a challenge
I mean if we get technical. A lot of games back then did have cheat codes, checkpoint codes, etc.. Also, Do you not remember Game Genie as well?
NawtyCawty
NawtyCawty
Posted on 29 May 18 at 22:29
It looks ok. I will get this eventually when it's a lot cheaper, I have enough crappy retro collections to be getting along with.
Arlanzo
Arlanzo
Posted on 29 May 18 at 22:43
Hitman Marko said:
It's hilarious that logic is flying over most of your heads. Being all for Achievements yet you consistently say how much you hate them or their lists? That's normal behaviour? Ok then. laugh
So you're basically generalizing
ScoobyDoobyD0nt
Posted on 30 May 18 at 00:30
this list seems pretty easy, especially if you finished these games in the past on the 360. some recycled achievements too im pretty sure
Scoooooby-doooooby-dooooo
Big Hat Paul
Big Hat Paul
Posted on 30 May 18 at 11:20
Reina Watt said:
Stefan Leroux said:

Sadly no, it's the Mega Drive/Genesis version so you'll have to play the special stages to get them.

I would seriously love to see a Master System and Game Gear collection with Sonic 1 appear sometime, love that game so much more than the 16 bit version.
it would be nice to see a compilation of any other SEGA systems, even if they bundled them more than one. They could totally fit the Master System games along side the Genesis/MD. Even Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection had the MS Phantasy Star. Not to mention a bunch of arcade versions and interesting interviews, being able to rate games, etc.

This whole damn compilation is just lacking all around. The one thing I see anyone really caring about is mirror mode.
come join us at - https://discord.gg/bh2c78a (TrueGaming Network Discord)
DaMikeSC
DaMikeSC
Posted on 31 May 18 at 14:29
Yeah, those challenges are no joke. Do not see any path to 1000 for m.
BattleBladeWar
Posted on 01 June 18 at 01:07
webdoggy said:
Seems pretty easy and uninspired.
Iagree. They have huge expansive RPGs like the Phantasy star series, a bunch of classic arcades etc, and they have even less game based achievements then on the 360! Hell, the only game you have to finish is streets of rage for gods sake. . . all these hard game and they even tout that new save your game and rewind anytime, which would help new players and casuals especially to reach the end of these, and this is the crap they come up with?!? Im so dissapointed. 50 + games and you only have a handful to test your cheevo metal . . . . thank you for the growing cutlery sale of knives in my back, sega! THANK YOU FOR NOTHING!!!! ⚔
If at first you don't succeed, try even harder. Success or failure, the choice is up to you.
BattleBladeWar
Posted on 01 June 18 at 01:14, Edited on 01 June 18 at 01:19 by BattleBladeWar
MattiasAnderson said:
Ok I wont buy the game! I wanted at least something for beating phantasy star 3 and also the challenges probably ruins the fun of the game.
Hell yea, I wanted to see all four games in the series on the achievment list. I was looking foward to this as I thought theyd go all out and have individual achievements for reaching the end of every game in this collection. I was all set to buy this on release to add another game I could be proud to 1000G, but sadly they took the easy way out. No challenge these days, just quick self gratification with so many games now. Makes me sad. On the other Hand, maybe the Challenges involve all the games? Achievement wise that may be a challenge worth accepting. . . .
If at first you don't succeed, try even harder. Success or failure, the choice is up to you.
C0LOURMEGREY
C0LOURMEGREY
Posted on 01 June 18 at 12:00
Dear god some of these challenges are annoying as hell, Quite a few easy ones but some of the others you will either get lucky and do first try or you'll still be there hours/days later
BattleBladeWar
Posted on 01 June 18 at 23:56, Edited on 01 June 18 at 23:57 by BattleBladeWar
TruthfulSkate8 said:
xSprinkleOfSoph said:
Looks like a fairly easy and quick completionheadspin
More like no completion... there's an unobtainable in this.

Thanks SEGA for outsourcing these games to incompetent western developers. You would think the Japanese would give their own games the treatment they deserve, but no.
This is a disgrace compared to the 2009 release. That collection showed all the history of the games with included manuals, artworks, videos, unlockable games, etc.

The game room UI here is lacking. Fake cartridge art, no boxarts on the cases, inaccurate region logos on the spines (Sonic 3D Blast EU logo on genesis), an absolutely silent and cold feeling game room UI; Japanese would never develop a hub and UI like this to be so dull and lifeless, just look at the M2 ports - they're sleek and polished. The UI and font resembles more of a look of NES/retro steam indie games. You can't modify settings without zooming out of your game. Only 2 button layouts with no mapping so most games you are stuck with uncomfortable controls. There is a lot of stuttering lag in online multiplayer. No achievements related to some of the games. The rewind feature is great and is better than save-states, but even that is probably copied from Rare Replay. FFS I only played for like an hour and I picked up all these negatives.
Dude thats a great point. I remember the online lobbies in japanese games such as DEAD OR ALIVE4 and BEAUTIFUL KATAMARI, and even though those were just to waste time between matches it had so many little details and silly things you could do. I wouldve liked to see a little bit of customization in this game, like furnitur, tv maybe unlock posters for your wall, action figures and plush toys for the shelves, anything to really make it pop and reflect the progression as you play and take advantage of the hardware a little. Japanese devs wouldve gone wild with this im sure.
HGonz
HGonz
Posted on 06 June 18 at 21:26
It looks like Sega is not patching the unobtainable Sonic Spinball achievement. They truly don’t care at all.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.