Game Discussion: State of Decay 2 Forum

Achievements not unlocking

AuthorMessage
Warder0
Warder0
Posted on 29 May 18 at 16:25
Hey guys,

Not sure if anyone else has had a similar problem and found a solution yet...

So, been enjoying the game. Even with the bugs I’ve found in the game so far. Got myself a nice 530g on the game and then ended up thinking... well, I’ve got myself a sheriff as a leader. Why hasn’t the achievement unlocked...

Had a look into it... and the following haven’t unlocked:

- nice moves there
- total eclipse
- Mercy Hospital

I’ve tried clearing the Cache as sometimes that has worked in the past for other games...

Any help would be grand!
TONY T3RRY
Posted on 30 May 18 at 00:55
not had 1 issue with achievements, I had issues with the sheriff campign not progressing but thats it. I only have 10k kills left for 100%
Viskovski
Viskovski
Posted on 31 May 18 at 13:14
Not a single achievement is unlocking for me. No progress is showing either. Playing on Gamerpass, does that matter?
Warder0
Warder0
Posted on 01 June 18 at 14:40
I'm playing on Gamepass and had some of the achievements unlock. I am likely to not play through the game a further two times to mop the achievements up.
Viskovski
Viskovski
Posted on 01 June 18 at 19:40
Warder0 said:
I'm playing on Gamepass and had some of the achievements unlock. I am likely to not play through the game a further two times to mop the achievements up.
Well that's a bummer to know. Haven't gotten a single one. Rebooted the Xbox even and still nothing. No idea what to do.
Warder0
Warder0
Posted on 04 June 18 at 07:50
A little update on this, I decided to try complete the Sheriff campaign. I stupidly paused (while set on multiplayer) and my sheriff got a cavity search from a juggernaut...

So I put a trader in as the leader... Achievement unlocked...

Viskovski, I'd recommend re-downloading the game. I know it is a ballache, however there is clearly an underlying problem with some of the coding.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 04 June 18 at 12:43
I was having the same problem until I went in to the game hub. Started to scroll down and achievement unlocked.
Pandoras Virus
Posted on 04 June 18 at 12:57
Warder0 said:
I stupidly paused (while set on multiplayer) and my sheriff got a cavity search from a juggernaut...
Yeah, it's a pain to not have an easy way to pause the game and walk away for a minute... grab a snack, use the bathroom, talk with wife....

IRL if I'm needed urgently, I find it a big pain in the butt to put the game in offline mode so it can pause for real and not get raped by some douche undead that was just meandering by.
Lord Midas
Lord Midas
Posted on 06 June 18 at 06:42
I played a spot of co-op last night. I joined a friend. And it was after patch 1.2

We did a plague heart and the chv popped for him but not for me. I assuming though this might be a one-off, that chvs don't pop for the person joining a host in co-op.

I'm just getting sick of new releases (and mostly, shockingly Microsoft games) having glitched achievements. That and the host of bugs that come with games. It's like the devs and testers no longer take any pride in their work. I know that can't be true, but the quality is speaking for itself cry
Julz D 01
Julz D 01
Posted on 05 September 18 at 00:16
Upgraded 3 vehichles and built sniper tower

No achievements for it
TEK5c Reginald
Posted on 05 September 18 at 12:24
I was not receiving progress or unlocking achievements last month until I cleared cashe and waited for two days (waited as tons of achievements finallly unlocked in order). All achievements unlocked and I received progress (although not all of it) for the 10k kills. Currently have all achievements minus the death achievement.
TheWatcher16
TheWatcher16
Posted on 09 July 19 at 16:40
So many achievements not unlocking. For example: killing a bloater. Or the fact that I'm using the Builder Legacy boon on my new play through but don't have the achievement for finishing the builder legacy missions (I did get the one for building the sniper tower).
This is super frustrating. I'm clearing the cache now to see if it fixes things. Anyone else playing this through Ultimate and having similar trouble?
BRANIAC1972
BRANIAC1972
Posted on 10 July 19 at 08:05
Having issues too. I have got Tried and Tested for completing all 4 legacy arcs in a nightmare/dread zone, but Speedy Delivery for completing a Traders Legacy has not unlocked even though I have the boon card AND have done two full playthroughs as a trader.
I have a similar problem with the Peerless achievement. This is for destroying all plague hearts in a single nightmare zone. Again, I have done this because I have the Over the Rainbow achievement for completing a legacy arc in a nightmare zone. Well, you can't do the final bit of the legacy without having destroyed the Plague Hearts. The only thing I can think of is that I didn't strip out all of the items from each dead plague heart, so they didn't disintegrate and left the shell. I am going to try another playthroughs and remove all the items so the plague heart disintegrates, leaving nothing of the heart. Desperate, I know!
I have cleared my cache and removed my account, and then re-installed it. If none of this works I will have to try deleting my game saves completely and try again. Getting desperate now!!!
TheWatcher16
TheWatcher16
Posted on 10 July 19 at 15:58
It just doesn't make any sense. After clearing the cache and reinstalling the game, they're still not unlocking - kill a bloater, destroy a plague heart (or 5). But I did get the one for shooting a helmet off a zed so I know I'm still unlocking achievements.
Braniac let us know if deleting your saves works (if you get to that point). I don't want to start over but the game is fun enough that I don't mind.
Mariano80PL
Mariano80PL
Posted on 10 July 19 at 16:24
Someone writes in diffrent topic there undead Labs its aware of problems with all legacy achievements and patch this in next BIG update... I have problem with seyonara achievement i write it to undead Labs no respons.... I stop playing game until they fix problems
BRANIAC1972
BRANIAC1972
Posted on 10 July 19 at 18:58
Hey TheWatcher16,

Did the hard reset and deleted my profile, then reinstated my profile and nothing..... I am currently slogging my way through the Dread Zone to try and get the destroy all plague hearts achievement. If that doesn't work, I will definitely delete my save and start again. Thank God I have the 10,000 kills achievement lol

I will report back when I have done this. Could be a few days though, as visitors are coming .....
TheWatcher16
TheWatcher16
Posted on 10 July 19 at 19:09
Brainiac,

No worries and I wish you the best. I hope Mariano is right and they are working on fixing these issues in the next patch. I'm out of the country starting tomorrow so maybe there'll be good news when I get back.
HUN playmore
HUN playmore
Posted on 11 July 19 at 08:52, Edited on 11 July 19 at 09:04 by HUN playmore
I hope they patch this, my two friends and me started this game more than a week ago and a following achievements won't unlock no matter what we do
- let someone die in your community
- all 3 plague heart related achievements (1/5/10) in the base game
- all 4 legacy related achievements in the base game
- killing a bloater
We are playing Heartland now because normal is a waste of time. Dread achievements seem to be fine too.

Edit: Forgot to mention the game is bugged not the achievements. When you look up your stats on the game hub for example it states how many hearts you killed, finished legacies or how many people let you die and it is all "no data". The software simply not updates certain stats. So no amount of restarting or reinstalling will fix this.
BRANIAC1972
BRANIAC1972
Posted on 11 July 19 at 10:33
Update for TheWatcher16 and others.

Peerless unlocked for me today...

Goodness knows why, because I did the same as my previous playthroughs!
This time I cleared every destroyed plague heart of the items it gives - I just dumped them on the floor outside each building to be collected at a later date. When I destroyed the last heart the achievement popped before I even emptied it of its contents.

The only thing I can think of is that in a previous playthroughs one of my AI companions may have delivered the killing blow. This time I did it all on my own. For anyone struggling, use scent block, and 2/3 C4 per heart, and plague cure. Get all this in prior playthroughs because you produce more for less cost, and make sure you load up them into the backpack of a survivor you are planning to start with in the nightmare zone.
BRANIAC1972
BRANIAC1972
Posted on 16 July 19 at 09:50
Update for TheWatcher16 and others

Finally completed the Trader's legacy on nightmare (and it was a real nightmare too - I had 3 traders die on me lol).

But the damned Speedy Delivery achievement didn't unlock. I might do the Heartland and Daybreak dlcs before wiping my game save, just in case anything else doesn't unlock in those.

I will update again when I discover more.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.