Game Discussion: Moonlighter Forum

Bug List (Or, Things not to do)

AuthorMessage
Hero of Night
Hero of Night
Posted on 30 May 18 at 16:47
Here is a list of some of the bugs I've encountered.

Irritating

-If you are holding a stack of anything on your cursor, and then hit the "move stack" button, you lose whatever you were holding.

-If you swing your sword into the town board, you can get stuck in it. The fix is to swing your sword down to get out.

Game ending

-Sometimes a townperson will stay in your store after hours. DO NOT GO TO SLEEP THINKING IT WILL FIX IT. Just quit to menu. If you do sleep, it will cause your game to no longer load. I was able to fix this with a hard reset of the console.
Nv Defines
Nv Defines
Posted on 02 June 18 at 12:10
Using the emblem back to town from the third floor and then trying to return sometimes results in an indefinite loading screen. For me about 2/3 of the time. Unless youre fine with paying the price for a 1/3 shot at returning, just dont bother using the emblem.
Redanian
Redanian
Posted on 02 June 18 at 16:14
They've just released a patch for PC so I assume it's just waiting for Microsoft certification before we get it, but the patch notes are:

- - - BUG FIXES - - -

As far as we know - we solved below issues completely - but if some of them still persist - please let us know.

Critical fixes:
Solved several problems with closing the shop mechanics
Problems closing the main menu after using pendant
Several problems related to quests givers
General memory leak related to something called “materials” that might be behind several other issues.
Not dropping welding rods (achievement blocker)
Issues related to buying upgrades for Will's shop and other shops

High priority fixes:
Possible softlock when killing final boss
Getting stuck inside the town board
Soft lock when dying inside slime (nice one!)
Clone Items exploit
Soft lock in pre-menu when opening pause menu
Forest: Player able to place spinning mushroom into obstacles
Customer entering the shop when everyone else is leaving (it’s a free town!)
Hawker’s items not decreasing the probability of thieves.
Visual glitch after upgrading weapon.
Vase still remaining as an obstacle after being destroyed
Desert: Patrol Golem freezes in place upon re-entering room
Golem Dungeon: Player can open inventory and spend money on pendant before tutorial
Store opening/closing text switched in German
Character disappearing after using the merchant emblem
Font problem: no umlauts
Chest in shop gets blocked when interacted directly before shop closing
After entering Desert II weird things were happening (yeah, this is a vague one!)
Game was starting always with the V-sync option on
Soft lock upon placing teleport directly above secret rooms abyss

Avarage & low priority fixes:
Tutorial showing WASD even if rebinded
Wandered killing the player during the animation entering a boss
Twigleaf Twigs
Posted on 02 June 18 at 20:42, Edited on 04 June 18 at 21:40 by Twigleaf Twigs
One to add

Secret ach: Does it grow on trees

This is missable due to a bug. It will only pop on the first tree that drops coin. If you do not collect coin and try a second tree,,, then you can only get this from a new game start. I had the 100 tree achievement long before this one, and only a new game fixed it. This should be one of the first to try to unlock, so that it doesnt bug later

Also, new game monster counts are NOT cumulative to previous games. If you kill 999 golem monsters and start over, the game restarts at 0, however the achievement will still say 99% until you kill another 1000. I guess its a game counter, and not an achievement counter.
Anubseth
Anubseth
Posted on 06 June 18 at 07:55
I don't recommend anyone to buy this game for now. It's filled with bugs, game breaking bugs, and the achievements are being affected (like 20% of the gamers defeated the 3rd boss but a whooping 85% finished the game). I hope the devs fix this mess. Never being so disappointed with a game before ( the game is also shallow as hell and aside from pretty animations it has nothing going on for it)
iVaLe
iVaLe
Posted on 13 June 18 at 17:18
I'm just plagued with achievement related issues. A lot of the achievements have stopped progressing for me. Such as the visit the third floor 10x on the golem dungeon, golem kills, selling things, secret rooms discovered. I decided to just get enough points to round my score to the nearest 10, since they're all weird values.
Didn't work. I have an invisible 12 point achievement unlocked somewhere. On the achievement games list it says 282. When i click into the game, it says 270 ... so.. weird.
Redanian
Redanian
Posted on 18 June 18 at 18:07
I've been pestering the developer's facebook for 2 weeks now regarding the update, but they just keep blaming Microsoft. PC and PS4 have had 2 patches since release but we have had none.
Cower Before me
Posted on 21 June 18 at 04:52
Redanian said:
I've been pestering the developer's facebook for 2 weeks now regarding the update, but they just keep blaming Microsoft. PC and PS4 have had 2 patches since release but we have had none.
That's because Microsoft is way more strict with content they release onto their marketplace its guaranteed Microsoft's fault it isn't out on Xbox yet.
Twigleaf Twigs
Posted on 21 June 18 at 05:05
This game should have never passed certification. I'm not saying that due to the many many bugs, ... but the fact that it uses a cache system for dungeons on the Xbox. This poses a problem, and is why the game behaves bad, or crashes /locks up all the time. Ever noticed trying to decend sometimes takes you to the same floor to repeat, or it crashes after a hard reset with an open portal ? Normally, a game creates a " Reserved Space " so the game can store these temporary files, but Moonlighter does not, nor does it use the save file. There is no way to remove this cache by simply quitting/restarting the game either. You HAVE to hard reset the xbox cache manually to fix the dungeon traversing issues. After about 5 to 10 dungeon trips, the game starts to bleed problems due to this. So its a ritual of having to hard reset it over and over every few trips in a dungeon.

If you are DESPERATE right now to play this mess, you can half way enjoy it by doing a hard reset every couple of hours. However, do not expect to 100% this game, or repeat bosses on same playthrough. Start a new game, and the counters for monster kills start over, even though it may say 20% progress. ( Get Savage in one playthrough )

I FINALLY beat the game... and it promptly crashed to dashboard about 4 text messages after the boy rolled out of the dungeon. So.... I missed the ending, and it cannot be repeated without starting over. It was a curseworthy crash.

If anyone is keeping notes, The inventory completion is missing as they will NOT drop:
Patch says only welding rods, but there are a few other items that won't drop , or are duplicates in the merchant tab.

Merchant: Items 51 (Broken weapon), 52 (BW) , 110 (?), 111 (?)
Golem: none missing
Forest: none missing
Desert: none missing
Tech: Item 17 ( Welding Rod )
Cower Before me
Posted on 27 June 18 at 15:49
I had 2 of the very early game achievements just never unlock for me the "Evil merchant" and "First investment" achievements. I thought maybe it was an Xbox achievement issue but after reading all of this forum I get the feeling they just not going to unlock. Unless maybe I start a new game?

Which brings me too my question, does anybody know if the "savage!" achievement for killing 10,000 enemies have to be done on one save or can it be across multiple save games?
Redanian
Redanian
Posted on 27 June 18 at 16:02
Cower Before me said:
Which brings me too my question, does anybody know if the "savage!" achievement for killing 10,000 enemies have to be done on one save or can it be across multiple save games?
Yeah, it needs to be done in a single save.
Cower Before me
Posted on 27 June 18 at 19:11
Redanian said:
Cower Before me said:
Yeah, it needs to be done in a single save.
Of course.... Thank you for the response.
Hero of Night
Hero of Night
Posted on 28 June 18 at 00:55
Somehow I have now gotten new bugs.

I keep getting a soft-lock when upgrading a weapon. It takes the materials and then nothing happens and I can't back out of the screen. I'm really annoyed with my uneven achievement points and I'd like to round them back.
BrosAlive
BrosAlive
Posted on 29 June 18 at 14:53
iVaLe said:
Didn't work. I have an invisible 12 point achievement unlocked somewhere. On the achievement games list it says 282. When i click into the game, it says 270 ... so.. weird.
Same problem here... any solution for this? Maybe Microsoft support?
Cower Before me
Posted on 30 June 18 at 16:11
BrosAlive said:
iVaLe said:
Same problem here... any solution for this? Maybe Microsoft support?
I just went a checked my tag and this happened to me for 3 achievement, I +1 this, is there a solution for this?
WhyattThrash
WhyattThrash
Posted on 03 December 18 at 23:52
I somehow get the feeling that the cumulative enemies are not only tied to a game save, but even a console. After upgrading to a One X, the cumulative enemies no longer update. I can also no longer open chests within dungeons on the One X.
TheNextMadKing
Posted on 12 December 18 at 07:08
That wouldn't surprise me. is there a certain percentage of health the bosses need to have left when you kill them with the broom to get the achievement to pop? Because I've killed them all with it twice now.
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 22 December 18 at 04:05
This game is on sale...did it ever get patched or is it still buggy as hell?
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
WhyattThrash
WhyattThrash
Posted on 22 December 18 at 04:24
An update was just released, I don’t know what’s in it though.
Redanian
Redanian
Posted on 22 December 18 at 05:09
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
This game is on sale...did it ever get patched or is it still buggy as hell?
It was horrendous on release, but the game is much more stable now thanks to the patches. As far as I know, all of the achievements should be working correctly. If not, the developers are friendly enough and do actually take the time to respond to questions on social media so you could inform them of any remaining bugs and hopefully they'll fix them.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.