Game Discussion: Moonlighter Forum

Bug List (Or, Things not to do)

AuthorMessage
Redanian
Redanian
Posted on 21 June 19 at 07:15
Zkerf said:
Has anyone successfully unlocked Weapon Master on a console recently? I'm convinced this is only possible on PC. Every time I craft the 9th weapon my save corrupts without fail (I've tried crafting them in a lot of different orders too).

I've tried two separate playthroughs along with dozens upon dozens of backups and it corrupts at the exact same point in all of them.
Mine popped without issue but that was several patches previous. This game has had a rough time awarding achievements properly so there's a chance that one of the recent patches bugged it.

Best thing to do is just attempt to pop it on Windows if that's an option for you. If not, the developers were more than happy to talk to me on Facebook about other bugs so you could always send them a message.
Zkerf
Zkerf
Posted on 22 June 19 at 10:33
Game is extremely busted... Through some miracle I managed to unlock Weapon Master by crafting Lightning Rod Spear last (literally no other combination worked for me), yet it still ended up corrupting my save right after popping the achievement.

Then I had issues unlocking the 100% achievement, I basically had to re-do every single achievement on a new save until it finally unlocked. I either got extremely unlucky and ran into a rare glitch, or most people are playing on PC where it doesn't seem to have issues.

Either way, my advice if you're playing on console... Do not craft Lightning Rod Spear until it's your final achievement.
WhyattThrash
WhyattThrash
Posted on 22 June 19 at 13:36
I unlocked everything on console, but it's possible a later update has borked this achievement since then.
Rhyolitic
Rhyolitic
Posted on 06 July 19 at 08:42
Zkerf said:
Game is extremely busted... Through some miracle I managed to unlock Weapon Master by crafting Lightning Rod Spear last (literally no other combination worked for me), yet it still ended up corrupting my save right after popping the achievement.

Then I had issues unlocking the 100% achievement, I basically had to re-do every single achievement on a new save until it finally unlocked. I either got extremely unlucky and ran into a rare glitch, or most people are playing on PC where it doesn't seem to have issues.

Either way, my advice if you're playing on console... Do not craft Lightning Rod Spear until it's your final achievement.
I'm pretty much screwed. All I've got left is Weapon Master and the 100% achievement, but WM won't pop since I've got the 2 last spears to craft. Somehow, the spear crafting achievement popped a while back (before I did my speed run). Guess I'm pretty much boned out of a 100% on this one, which is particularly painful after having went through the nonsense of the Perfect bosses.

I've tried the power cycling trick and nothing. Crafting the Lightning Rod results in the game refusing to register inputs after bringing up the Xbox guide, as well as not actually saving if I try and save.
eohjay
eohjay
Posted on 06 July 19 at 11:38
Check your journal for entries relating to all of the various weapons (not just spears).

I ended up popping all of the individual 100% weapon achievements, but not Weapon Master. I was really confused, but I went back and looked over the journal and for some reason I was missing a bow despite having the 100% bow achievement.
Zkerf
Zkerf
Posted on 07 July 19 at 02:14
Rhyolitic said:
Zkerf said:

I'm pretty much screwed. All I've got left is Weapon Master and the 100% achievement, but WM won't pop since I've got the 2 last spears to craft. Somehow, the spear crafting achievement popped a while back (before I did my speed run). Guess I'm pretty much boned out of a 100% on this one, which is particularly painful after having went through the nonsense of the Perfect bosses.

I've tried the power cycling trick and nothing. Crafting the Lightning Rod results in the game refusing to register inputs after bringing up the Xbox guide, as well as not actually saving if I try and save.
eohjay is correct, the unlock condition for Weapon Master is the notebook entries. You need every weapon to be displayed in this book on one save file (that isn't corrupt). Prior weapon achievements you've unlocked on Xbox has no affect on unlocking Weapon Master.

Did you craft every other weapon on that save file before doing the spears? I can only say what worked for me, but make sure the save file you're working with isn't already corrupt. Corrupt save files will not unlock achievements.
Rhyolitic
Rhyolitic
Posted on 07 July 19 at 04:09, Edited on 07 July 19 at 04:15 by Rhyolitic
Yes, I did.

I just got done using my NG+ file to try again. I crafted every weapon, saving the spears for last. Crafted all but the last of each of the spear tree, saved, copied my save file (just in case) to a different slot, went back in, crafted the last 2, waited, nothing happened. Opened the XGuide button and it once more stopped registering inputs in the game.

The achievement is borked, at least for me. I've put enough time in this frackin' game that I think I'm not going to mess with it any further. These are the only two achievements left in the game for me, so no way to check if it's corrupt otherwise.

Edit - Just had a thought. Maybe picking up weapons in the dungeons voids the achievement? Since you get the notebook entry, but you aren't actually crafting the weapon. Either that, or because I don't have all the Broken weapons yet.
WhyattThrash
WhyattThrash
Posted on 07 July 19 at 22:06, Edited on 07 July 19 at 22:09 by WhyattThrash
Rhyolitic said:
Yes, I did.

I just got done using my NG+ file to try again. I crafted every weapon, saving the spears for last. Crafted all but the last of each of the spear tree, saved, copied my save file (just in case) to a different slot, went back in, crafted the last 2, waited, nothing happened. Opened the XGuide button and it once more stopped registering inputs in the game.

The achievement is borked, at least for me. I've put enough time in this frackin' game that I think I'm not going to mess with it any further. These are the only two achievements left in the game for me, so no way to check if it's corrupt otherwise.

Edit - Just had a thought. Maybe picking up weapons in the dungeons voids the achievement? Since you get the notebook entry, but you aren't actually crafting the weapon. Either that, or because I don't have all the Broken weapons yet.
Nope, the opposite actually. Picking up a weapon in a dungeon counts as ”crafting” it, and you won’t have to craft that particular version of that weapon for the achievement. And broken weapons are not needed for any achievement.

The symptom you describe though (xbox guide button crashing/locking game) is the symptom of a corrupt save. If you say that your savegame becomes corrupt by crafting the final spears, then that might mean that the achievement is now unobtainable, at least on your saves/system.

If it’s still obtainable by others, a complete wipe of saves and cache and starting over from scratch would be the only possibility for another outcome as it sounds. But you might already have tried that too.
Rhyolitic
Rhyolitic
Posted on 07 July 19 at 22:40
WhyattThrash said:
Nope, the opposite actually. Picking up a weapon in a dungeon counts as ”crafting” it, and you won’t have to craft that particular version of that weapon for the achievement. And broken weapons are not needed for any achievement.
If that's the case, it makes me wonder if you could pick up the final spears in the dungeon (yay for RNG shittiness!) and have them count that way.

The symptom you describe though (xbox guide button crashing/locking game) is the symptom of a corrupt save. If you say that your savegame becomes corrupt by crafting the final spears, then that might mean that the achievement is now unobtainable, at least on your saves/system.
It's not just the Lightning Rod. It also becomes corrupt with crafting the final spear of the other tree, at least for me.

A noticeable effect of the corruption is that the game does not save. Regardless of however many times you see the "saving" thing, it doesn't actually save, nor update the amount of time in game once you craft the spears. If you go back to reload the save, you'll see that the save point is the nearest to before crafting.

I also noticed that there's a little hitch in character movement right after coming out of the crafting menu after making those spears.

If it’s still obtainable by others, a complete wipe of saves and cache and starting over from scratch would be the only possibility for another outcome as it sounds. But you might already have tried that too.
Defo too much work for me to try. Like I said, I tried on New Game + as well, which is in a different save slot. It corrupted on that as well.
Zkerf
Zkerf
Posted on 08 July 19 at 02:28
Are you able to transfer your save to PC and see if that unlocks the achievements for you? It's been mentioned earlier in this thread that this works for corrupt saves. I did everything on console so I can't say if this will help you or not, but it's worth a shot if you're able to try it.

You still have the option of trying a fresh file, which is what unlocked it for me, and it worked first try after I avoided the Lightning Rod until last. Despite having backups, a fresh file was the only thing that unlocked it for me. I know you tried NG+, but I never touched this mode so I have no idea if you can unlock it there.

I wish I could be of more help, I know exactly how frustrating this is, as I went through the same thing and it took me 2 days to figure it out.
Rhyolitic
Rhyolitic
Posted on 08 July 19 at 05:16
Nah, I don't have Win10, so I can't do it that way. Console only for me.

It's too much work for too little gain, IMO, to start again on a fresh file. Maybe in the future, but for right now? Not worth it. I've played the game twice through, that's more than enough attention. laugh
iMaginaryy
iMaginaryy
Posted on 08 July 19 at 14:49
Saw this thread bumped, anyone know if (on a fresh save anyway) the game is any better now/less buggier on xbox one? Since it's game pass and all?
Fear is the mindkiller.
Healtti
Healtti
Posted on 09 July 19 at 04:11, Edited on 12 July 19 at 19:17 by Healtti
iMaginaryy said:
Saw this thread bumped, anyone know if (on a fresh save anyway) the game is any better now/less buggier on xbox one? Since it's game pass and all?
I bean dived it yday. Will report back soon.
(FWIW)

EDIT: After some research I switched to the Win10 version instead.
"We aren't planning on doing anything about it." - Bethesda Support North America
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 12 July 19 at 01:14
eohjay said:
Thanks for all of the help and information, WhyattThrash.

I tried unlocking Distracted Merchant on another save and it wouldn't pop. I searched the web and came across a topic on another forum detailing someones issues getting it to pop on PS3. They tried multiple times on their primary save, tried a fresh new save, tried reinstalling the game. No dice. What eventually worked for them was deleting their game and saves, reinstalling and starting over.

I'm a bit bummed that I'll have to delete my saves to pop the achievement. Especially with no way to backup and reinstate saves via USB or anything. Hope it won't mess me up for the upcoming DLC! Might try to do some offline shenanigans on a second console to see if that will trigger it.

Also, I had strange issues getting Weapon Master to unlock (craft all weapons). I posted about it and the fix I found on the achievement solution incase anyone in browsing this topic in the future for answers relating to that achievement.

edit: I did get Distracted Merchant to unlock finally, but I had to do it on a different console without any of my previous save data. So, I essentially downloaded the game onto an xbox that I never played it on and boot it up offline so it wouldn't download my cloud saves. Played through until I get close to the achievement, switched it online and popped the achievement - then force closed the game and deleted the new save from my console so it wouldn't muck up my cloud saves.
I assume you could just delete the saves and game from your console (only), redownload the game, go offline, earn the achievement, and then reconnect. You could even delete the local save to be safe, the achievement should still sync. I've had to do it a few times, like level 30 in Portal Knights. I hit level 30 offline and deleted my local save, that way if it didn't pop when I reconnected to the internet I could take the cloud save and try it all again. Shame I did that the third time, instead of the first.

Anyway since this game is a shitshow on the One, does the WIN10 version have mouse/keyboard support? I guess I'll do that one since it seems less buggy.
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
eohjay
eohjay
Posted on 12 July 19 at 11:04, Edited on 12 July 19 at 11:05 by eohjay
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
Anyway since this game is a shitshow on the One, does the WIN10 version have mouse/keyboard support? I guess I'll do that one since it seems less buggy.
You can play it with a keyboard, yes. No mouse. It's got wonky controls, though, and you can't change them. It took some getting used to the layout, but I played a good portion of it with the keyboard.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.