Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Sims 3 Servers Shutting Down

AuthorMessage
punkyliar
punkyliar
Posted on 01 June 18 at 16:46
No achievements affected

Please click here to read the story: The Sims 3 Servers Shutting Down

Credit goes to BulgyDragonZord for this story
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 01 June 18 at 17:20
Completed the game on an old tag but it is on my shopping list to buy (LuckyConquerer2's Blog). Thanks Bulgy.
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 01 June 18 at 17:54
I remember borrowing the game and I debated if I should bother with the online pass. Good thing I looked before buying because yep this game doesn't have any achievements affected by it.

For once EA did something smart.
FightingMegaFoo
Posted on 01 June 18 at 18:16
Now if they could just add the Exchange to Sims 4. What the hell are they waiting for?!
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 01 June 18 at 18:56
LuckyConquerer2 said:
Completed the game on an old tag but it is on my shopping list to buy (LuckyConquerer2's Blog). Thanks Bulgy.
Your welcome bud. Just noticed it on the EA Server Status page and I thought... ouu, better get this advertised on the site. smile
SneezeSomeMilk
Posted on 01 June 18 at 19:16
BulgyDragonZord said:
LuckyConquerer2 said:
Your welcome bud. Just noticed it on the EA Server Status page and I thought... ouu, better get this advertised on the site. smile
Same here. Appreciate the info! toast
Dexter XBA
Dexter XBA
Posted on 01 June 18 at 19:47
FightingMegaFoo said:
Now if they could just add the Exchange to Sims 4. What the hell are they waiting for?!
They’re working on it: https://twitter.com/simguruduke/status/976460933101846528?s=...
MadMirror
MadMirror
Posted on 01 June 18 at 21:28
Game that i been wanting to buy. 25+ to buy. Why? I got on PC with almost all expansion packs. Only missing 2.
WEBHEAD 7
WEBHEAD 7
Posted on 01 June 18 at 21:45, Edited on 01 June 18 at 21:45 by WEBHEAD 7
Glad to see no achievements going extinct. I've still got lots to do on this
CRISTIAMUZ
CRISTIAMUZ
Posted on 01 June 18 at 22:15
I'm surprised it lasted this long.
Twitch.Tv/Zemidek
Espio Idsavant
Posted on 01 June 18 at 23:38
I thought the Exchange servers were already down, haven't been able to connect to them for awhile!
Tubbed
Tubbed
Posted on 01 June 18 at 23:40
With Saints Row becoming Backwards Compatible, The Sims 3 is my top title I want for BC. I doubt it'll ever happen though because it's EA and Sims 4 is out for Xbox One. I would buy that for my Sims fix, but it's EA and they're not getting any more of my money, unless I find it in the absolute depths of a bargain bin.
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 02 June 18 at 01:11
Thank goodness no achievements will be ruined.
I have yet to start this, but I'm happy it can be completed.

If only more developers did offline only or multiple requirements for achievements... =/
SinSTeRS DEVIL
Posted on 02 June 18 at 01:12
Lucky i finished both this and sims 3 pets last year. Good games iv not played sims 4 tho
segagamer
376,529 376,529 GamerScore
segagamer
Posted on 02 June 18 at 07:27
I wish the Sims 3 games were backwards compatible. They're far more enjoyable and less broken than Sims 4 on XB1.
Vr English
Vr English
Posted on 02 June 18 at 12:14
Tubbed said:
With Saints Row becoming Backwards Compatible, The Sims 3 is my top title I want for BC. I doubt it'll ever happen though because it's EA and Sims 4 is out for Xbox One. I would buy that for my Sims fix, but it's EA and they're not getting any more of my money, unless I find it in the absolute depths of a bargain bin.
heard terrible things about sims
4. I would be up for.this being bc!
Zukape
Zukape
Posted on 02 June 18 at 19:26
Vr English said:
Tubbed said:
heard terrible things about sims
4. I would be up for.this being bc!
I have never played Sims 4 on PC. I was a big fan of The Sims 1. Actually first game I involved with modding. Anyway I've pre ordered sims 4 and it didnt seem that much broken on xbox. Only problem I had: character creation was very difficult, took me 30 minutes to figure it out. Other problem was saving issues. But far as I know they fixed that.
Chakaal Starr
Chakaal Starr
Posted on 03 June 18 at 03:31
Tubbed said:
Why would it being EA make any difference to it not becoming BC? I would think that might help its chances, as it could pad their vault for EA Access and potentially gain Sims 4 some interest as a result.

How many other companies are you trying to hold your money back from? All the big publishers aren't really that much different.
DantesRazor1911
Posted on 03 June 18 at 19:55
Always EA damn you
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.