Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Development Ends for The Crew

AuthorMessage
punkyliar
punkyliar
Posted on 06 June 18 at 09:25
Preparing for the next instalment

Please click here to read the story: Development Ends for The Crew
GrawlNL
GrawlNL
Posted on 06 June 18 at 09:34
Fair enough. Most developers wouldn't even publish this news.
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 06 June 18 at 09:46
GrawlNL said:
Fair enough. Most developers wouldn't even publish this news.
Agreed, as long as it all works that's good.
Legohead 1977
GV Loc
GV Loc
Posted on 06 June 18 at 09:54
facepalmYeah...and they dont fix that glitched achievement! Fuck them very much!!!!!!facepalm
Locanu Barosanu
UnfurledEmu75
UnfurledEmu75
Posted on 06 June 18 at 11:26
They will also be "running occasional maintenances" to make sure those servers are working as intended
Did the servers ever work as intended? This game was all connection problems
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 06 June 18 at 13:29
I tought about playing this, but people say so many bad things about this game...
Tears 0f Wolves
Posted on 06 June 18 at 19:47
The matchmaking on the One version was fucking appalling. Glad to see there's no chance of this ever being fixed roll
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 06 June 18 at 20:17
Guess I better get around to this sooner rather than later.
x Mataeus x
x Mataeus x
Posted on 06 June 18 at 20:20
UnfurledEmu75 said:
They will also be "running occasional maintenances" to make sure those servers are working as intended
Did the servers ever work as intended? This game was all connection problems
Tatl360 said:
I tought about playing this, but people say so many bad things about this game...
Tears 0f Wolves said:
The matchmaking on the One version was fucking appalling. Glad to see there's no chance of this ever being fixed roll
Did any of you even try this game after the initial buggy launch? Post Wild Run, it's been amazing.
~ Vae Victis! ~
UnfurledEmu75
UnfurledEmu75
Posted on 06 June 18 at 21:26, Edited on 06 June 18 at 21:26 by UnfurledEmu75
x Mataeus x said:
Did any of you even try this game after the initial buggy launch? Post Wild Run, it's been amazing.
Yes, i played the past year, after all expansions, post calling all units.
Took me many unscheduled meetings and 6 sessions to get a single (and pretty simple) achievement because of connection issues. Also the glitches ruined my gameplay many times, like stucking on the ground and walls, or making the car fly.
Smallville2106
Posted on 06 June 18 at 21:44
Is it really that bad? Was thinking of getting this.
Smallville2106
Posted on 06 June 18 at 21:45
Is it really that bad? Was thinking of getting this.
U2NUMB
U2NUMB
Posted on 06 June 18 at 23:35
If you liked Test Drive Unlimited in the past.. and go into this understanding its sorta MMO light the game is amazing. You will hate how it controls at first but keep at it... keep grinding for parts and before you know it you will upgrade your car and it will feel much better.

The map is mind blowing.. if nothing else its super fun to cross the country with a friend and discover all the map points.
ArkhmInmate0801
ArkhmInmate0801
Posted on 07 June 18 at 04:28
GV Loc said:
facepalmYeah...and they dont fix that glitched achievement! Fuck them very much!!!!!!facepalm
This
qManballin
qManballin
Posted on 08 November 18 at 13:38
Forza Horizon 4 just received a patch to fix one of its broken achievements... The specifics of that achievement was to find 15 different "barn finds" to unlock cars and the glitch included a mistracking of the correct number of the "barn finds". Example: you may be at 12/15 barn finds and the % shows anything lower but 80%. After a month of some people unlocking it and others not, the patch fixed it for me personally almost immediately upon booting up the game.

The only reason I bring this up is to show that developers that really care about their fanbase/customer base will actually get things done. I can't imagine it being that difficult to code in a little fix for "hey, did player get platinum on all event type in all zones?" or "hey, did player get platinum on all story missions?" I know this is mostly ranting my frustration and that the developers of The Crew could careless due to focus on The Crew 2. Sad to say, I will not be trying my hand at The Crew 2 unless it goes "free with gold". Even then, I might wait to see if the achievements are completely bug proof first.
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 08 November 18 at 20:10
qManballin said:
The only reason I bring this up is to show that developers that really care about their fanbase/customer base will actually get things done.
You are really talking about Turn 10?
I believe they only fixed it because it's a new release. Don't praise their care about their fanbase too much or you may end disappointed. roll
qManballin
qManballin
Posted on 08 November 18 at 20:34
I think Playground Games was the primary developing company for the Forza Horizon series but fair enough about Turn 10 and their miscues as well. Still doesn't excuse carelessness and lack of responsibility for fixing broken games/achievements.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.