Forum for Editorials and other News Features

oOo: Ascension Review

• KBop a dooKBop a doo387,542
    Posted on 08 June 18 at 04:00
    A lot more backtracking than ascending

Please click here to read the story: oOo: Ascension Review
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19771,892,717
    Posted on 08 June 18 at 08:13
    This does appeal, but the hectic nature may be a bit much for me!
    Legohead 1977
  • WobbloWobblo1,132,834
    Posted on 08 June 18 at 09:01, Edited on 08 June 18 at 11:54 by Wobblo
    I notice on the store page it says it includes local co-op but in this review there is no mention of the co-op or what it has to offer. Is it the full single player experience but in split screen?

Side note: I found this blog post from the Dev regarding the development of the game - https://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/KennyCreanor/20180430/3....php - always nice to see someone with a genuine passion for their project do well.
  • WobbloWobblo1,132,834
    Posted on 08 June 18 at 15:59
    Nice. Good to see a Dev making changes so soon for things that aren't even game breaking.

Ideally I want to play this in co-op but cannot find specifics on it anywhere other than it's vertical split screen and you have independent times/scores. I would like to know how split screen effects progression, i.e. are both players on the primary profile so progress is shared etc.

https://theinsatiablegamer.com/getting-pissed-pretty-colors-... - has a short video of split screen but doesn't really elaborate on...
    It also features a nice split-screen mode, so you can race your friends and gloat about how fantastic you are.
    Whereas the store page says
    Local Multiplayer mode - complete the game with a friend, or race against them for the best time!
  • WobbloWobblo1,132,834
    Posted on 16 April 19 at 15:34
    Just to add in case anyone else was wondering: It is a kind of competitive co-op, you both race to finish the level but as long as one of you finishes the level, it still counts as your progress since it's a shared profile co-op.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.