Forum for discussing the TrueAchievements Podcast - show feedback and new ideas

TA Podcast: ONRUSH, Far Cry 5 DLC, Yoku's Island Express and Win a Game

• DaveKineticDaveKinetic627,633
  • Eliphelet77Eliphelet77870,845
    Posted on 08 June 18 at 16:00
    Listening now :)
  • DariusDaSnepDariusDaSnep502,728
    Posted on 08 June 18 at 16:09
    i love that fact that skate 3 came back online and is now on sale for 5$ that really is a good selling point i hope skate 2 goes on sale sometime soon.
  • KingyOwlKingyOwl549,504
    Posted on 08 June 18 at 16:16
    I think the "game of the week" and new release countdown segments need to become a weekly feature!
  • Ryn0 LRyn0 L646,958
    Posted on 08 June 18 at 16:20
    excited for E3!
  • Posted on 08 June 18 at 19:46
    When the Skate 3 servers came back online I knocked out 7 achievements requiring the servers! Now the tough "Own all lot" challenges are all that's keeping me from 100%.
  • Posted on 08 June 18 at 21:18
    Great podcast,looking forward to E3
  • Delta VukDelta Vuk313,500
    Posted on 09 June 18 at 01:06
    I'm so hyped for E3 this year, think it's gonna be an awesome year! Great podcast
  • Posted on 09 June 18 at 03:42
    I’ll probably be more of a happy bunny right after Xbox show and before PlayStation’s bc it will be all downhill from there. I think a combo of games take a long time to make and the result of Scalebound and maybe Crackdown 3 you’re not going to see early announcements.

Until Xbox does it and gives the presentation Xbox fans have been waiting for years I expect them to have the worst conference out of the three consoles. I think Nintendo might have the most exciting trailer if they show the Super Metroid game
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong459,671
    Posted on 09 June 18 at 07:01
    Rich’s continuous excitement about Farcry 5 makes me think I should try and find a way to pick it up (though I’m not sure I’m sold on the latest DLC’s concept, but I’ll leave off judgment until I play it since Rich seemed upbeat about it).
  • iTz Canada EhhiTz Canada Ehh1,100,417
    Posted on 09 June 18 at 15:03, Edited on 09 June 18 at 15:04 by iTz Canada Ehh
    TymanTheLong said:
    Rich’s continuous excitement about Farcry 5 makes me think I should try and find a way to pick it up (though I’m not sure I’m sold on the latest DLC’s concept, but I’ll leave off judgment until I play it since Rich seemed upbeat about it).
    If you're a fan of the series, this is the best one in my opinion. The base game was fantastic and you can complete the achievements in about 30-40 hours depending on your FPS multiplayer skills. if you don't care about completions and will avoid the multiplayer (which is actually a lot of fun imo), you can 100% single player in about roughly the same timeframe, maybe less.

Now the DLC I enjoyed because I got the collectors edition which came with the gold edition. The season pass includes 3 DLC's which will be priced $15.99 CAD (most likely), but you also get a remastered version of Far Cry 3, which alone I think is worth the season pass considering the season pass is only $40.

The bad thing about this DLC is how short it is and how it fails to draw you in with any plot other than you're trying to escape from Vietnam after your helicopter crashes. If you wanted to complete everything there is to do in the DLC, it would take you about an hour and a half to two hours to do max. And if you want to get all the achievements, you have to play through it two more times, which takes about half an hour each.
  • taximiketaximike429,378
    Posted on 10 June 18 at 17:56
    I would like half life 3 xbox play anywhere exclusive. I think that would be a game changer. And ori 2 released
  • triplepowtriplepow219,696
    Posted on 12 June 18 at 07:55
    Was uming about ONRUSH but that was a glowing recommendation. A racing game that you don't have to win the race ..... sounds fun to get head round
    Not trying is the same as failing!
  • MakeMeACoffeeMakeMeACoffee1,211,159
    Posted on 14 June 18 at 11:14
    iTz Canada Ehh said:
    If you wanted to complete everything there is to do in the DLC, it would take you about an hour and a half to two hours to do max. And if you want to get all the achievements, you have to play through it two more times, which takes about half an hour each.
    I hate it when they make you do multiple playthroughs that don't really add anything. Unlocking hard mode is one of my top gaming pet peeves.
    Posted on 16 June 18 at 07:48
    iTz Canada Ehh said:
    TymanTheLong said:
    If you're a fan of the series, this is the best one in my opinion. The base game was fantastic and you can complete the achievements in about 30-40 hours depending on your FPS multiplayer skills. if you don't care about completions and will avoid the multiplayer (which is actually a lot of fun imo), you can 100% single player in about roughly the same timeframe, maybe less.

Now the DLC I enjoyed because I got the collectors edition which came with the gold edition. The season pass includes 3 DLC's which will be priced $15.99 CAD (most likely), but you also get a remastered version of Far Cry 3, which alone I think is worth the season pass considering the season pass is only $40.

The bad thing about this DLC is how short it is and how it fails to draw you in with any plot other than you're trying to escape from Vietnam after your helicopter crashes. If you wanted to complete everything there is to do in the DLC, it would take you about an hour and a half to two hours to do max. And if you want to get all the achievements, you have to play through it two more times, which takes about half an hour each.
    Thanks for the tips! I’m actually not really a fan, I’ve often been interested in the games (they really do have great trailers) and I’m aware of how ground breaking Far Cry 2 was, I’ve even paid for a copy of one or two of them, but I’ve just never managed to play one. Knowing it’s the best helps motivate me even more to try Far Cry 5 thoith
    Posted on 16 June 18 at 08:04
    Who do I write to explain why the SMITE pack is such a good deal? I’ve been playing since PC beta and would love to communicate some details via you guys on the podcast. Obviously this week was E3 stuff but for next week.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle1,594,228
    Posted on 20 June 18 at 18:54
    MakeMeACoffee said:
    I hate it when they make you do multiple playthroughs that don't really add anything. Unlocking hard mode is one of my top gaming pet peeves.
    I'm with you there... if I'm good enough from the get-go for the hardest difficulty, then so be it. Otherwise... I'll stumble and lower the difficulty. But let me have that choice dammit laugh
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.