Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Update: Mixer Offers Free Goodies for Watching Microsoft's E3 Conference

  • KBop a dooKBop a doo324,278
  • Posted on 09 June 18 at 20:33Permalink
    Please dont just be some god awful dlc
  • ElyohElyoh813,502
    Posted on 09 June 18 at 20:34Permalink
    I didn't get The Final Station last year, was that region specific?

    Otherwise, count me in again smile
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • Posted on 09 June 18 at 20:35Permalink
    That's 9pm GMT... Daaaamn! I got to be up at 4am the next morning... So I really want to sacrifice my sleep for some free games?
    .
    .
    .
    .
    DAMN STRAIGHT I DO!
  • RararityRararity95,187
    Posted on 09 June 18 at 20:36Permalink
    Teh Author said:
    That's 9pm GMT... Daaaamn! I got to be up at 4am the next morning... So I really want to sacrifice my sleep for some free games?
    .
    .
    .
    .
    DAMN STRAIGHT I DO!
    ...leave your computer on?
  • Posted on 09 June 18 at 20:42Permalink
    Rararity said:
    Teh Author said:
    That's 9pm GMT... Daaaamn! I got to be up at 4am the next morning... So I really want to sacrifice my sleep for some free games?
    .
    .
    .
    .
    DAMN STRAIGHT I DO!
    ...leave your computer on?
    or use your phone or tablet instead.
  • FourthLionFourthLion554,255
    Posted on 09 June 18 at 20:57Permalink
    I think the phone app is a bit fussy about recognising whether you are there and qualifying you for mixpots. I watched the whole Gamescom thing one on phone and didn't get the mixpots, something about the app not thinking I was active.
  • Detox2033Detox2033209,258
    Posted on 09 June 18 at 21:02Permalink
    I reminded me of last years mix bag and expected that it will be repeated this year. so...very good news :) wanted to watch the microsoft event for sure.
  • Posted on 09 June 18 at 21:03Permalink
    Teh Author said:
    That's 9pm GMT... Daaaamn! I got to be up at 4am the next morning... So I really want to sacrifice my sleep for some free games?
    .
    .
    .
    .
    DAMN STRAIGHT I DO!
    that still gives you 6 hours sleep
    http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/post.aspx?threadid=4219163#
  • BloodGodAlucardBloodGodAlucard1,220,196
    Posted on 09 June 18 at 21:13Permalink
    Excellent. I'm definitely looking forward to watching the conference. So getting free games is a nice added bonus.
  • Posted on 09 June 18 at 21:17Permalink
    Nice 4pm Est tomorrow needs to hurry up and get here i want my free games lol.
  • GamingByJGGamingByJG187,269
    Posted on 09 June 18 at 21:20Permalink
    I only received Rare Replay for free last year. Never got the additional games or DLCs mentioned.
  • Posted on 09 June 18 at 21:23Permalink
    Already had The Final Station and Rare Replay, but glad I got No Time To Explain. Really glad they're doing this again because who can say no to free stuff?
  • KBop a dooKBop a doo324,278
    Posted on 09 June 18 at 21:24, Edited on 09 June 18 at 21:27 by KBop a dooPermalink
    JGrayNY said:
    I only received Rare Replay for free last year. Never got the additional games or DLCs mentioned.
    That seems a bit odd since it was all given at the same time as a bundle (at least mine was -- it all appeared in my download queue at the same time). Did you contact Mixer/Microsoft support when it happened? I'm sure they would have been able to help out.
  • New ParalyzerNew Paralyzer1,004,940
    Posted on 09 June 18 at 21:44Permalink
    They keep giving me copies of Rare Replay. I have it physical and digital now and I really hope they don't try to give it to me again lol


    Also I recall all the DLC being useless to me.

    I hope for a better loot pull this year.
  • AL1AL1915,448
    Posted on 09 June 18 at 21:45Permalink
    There were some restrictions. Maybe region was one of them, and I think something had an age restriction.

    Can't remember any of the specifics, but I'm sure it was posted at some point last year.
    Just a guy playing games.
  • Posted on 09 June 18 at 21:51, Edited on 09 June 18 at 21:54 by iTz Canada EhhPermalink
    Hitman Marko said:
    "Users who log into Mixer using their Microsoft account don't have to worry about this."

    Just to confirm, can I watch this on my Xbox One, with my Xbox Account, without creating a mixer account? It starts June 12th right? I missed out on this last year, so would like to take part this year. I'm extremely tired right now and the wording looks a bit confusing, saying something about linking accounts.
    Idk how it works on console, but when you go to mixer and attempt to log in from a PC, it gives you the option to log in with a microsoft account. You just need to log in with the email and password of your gamertag and watch while that account is logged in. So I'd assume it would recognize you being logged in if you're watching it on your gamertag, on your Xbox, but I'm not 100% sure.
  • Posted on 09 June 18 at 21:56Permalink
    New Paralyzer said:
    They keep giving me copies of Rare Replay. I have it physical and digital now and I really hope they don't try to give it to me again lol


    Also I recall all the DLC being useless to me.

    I hope for a better loot pull this year.
    Watch everyone get Sea of Thieves this year lol
  • KBop a dooKBop a doo324,278
    Posted on 09 June 18 at 21:57, Edited on 09 June 18 at 22:20 by KBop a dooPermalink
    Hitman Marko said:
    "Users who log into Mixer using their Microsoft account don't have to worry about this."

    Just to confirm, can I watch this on my Xbox One, with my Xbox Account, without creating a mixer account? It starts June 12th right? I missed out on this last year, so would like to take part this year. I'm extremely tired right now and the wording looks a bit confusing, saying something about linking accounts.
    Linking your account is mentioned because Mixer has options to log in other ways besides a Microsoft account (Facebook, Twitter, Discord, things like that). Users who log in with these options need to make sure their account is linked, otherwise Mixer has no way of knowing who they are on Xbox.

    But yes, if you log in on your Xbox console and watch Mixer through the app, then you are automatically logged in on your Xbox account and don't need to worry about any of that jazz. And you do have a Mixer account technically, just one that Microsoft automatically creates for you with your Xbox info.
  • Goggs25Goggs251,267,399
    Posted on 09 June 18 at 21:58Permalink
    Give stuff away on mixer is stupid since Microsoft won't fix mixer which keeps lagging because to many people are watching
    Goggs25
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.