Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Update: Mixer Offers Free Goodies for Watching Microsoft's E3 Conference

AuthorMessage
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 09 June 18 at 20:29
Will it be as awesome as last year's?

Please click here to read the story: Update: Mixer Offers Free Goodies for Watching Microsoft's E3 Conference
PSYCHADELICACE
Posted on 09 June 18 at 20:33
Please dont just be some god awful dlc
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 09 June 18 at 20:34
I didn't get The Final Station last year, was that region specific?

Otherwise, count me in again smile
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
NameOfTheMaster
Posted on 09 June 18 at 20:35
That's 9pm GMT... Daaaamn! I got to be up at 4am the next morning... So I really want to sacrifice my sleep for some free games?
DAMN STRAIGHT I DO!
Rararity
Rararity
Posted on 09 June 18 at 20:36
Teh Author said:
That's 9pm GMT... Daaaamn! I got to be up at 4am the next morning... So I really want to sacrifice my sleep for some free games?
DAMN STRAIGHT I DO!
...leave your computer on?
StuartATrueRed
Posted on 09 June 18 at 20:42
Rararity said:
Teh Author said:
DAMN STRAIGHT I DO!
...leave your computer on?
or use your phone or tablet instead.
FourthLion
FourthLion
Posted on 09 June 18 at 20:57
I think the phone app is a bit fussy about recognising whether you are there and qualifying you for mixpots. I watched the whole Gamescom thing one on phone and didn't get the mixpots, something about the app not thinking I was active.
Detox2033
Detox2033
Posted on 09 June 18 at 21:02
I reminded me of last years mix bag and expected that it will be repeated this year. so...very good news :) wanted to watch the microsoft event for sure.
Rick l Sanchez
Posted on 09 June 18 at 21:03
Teh Author said:
DAMN STRAIGHT I DO!
that still gives you 6 hours sleep
http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/post.aspx?threadid=4219163#
BloodGodAlucard
BloodGodAlucard
Posted on 09 June 18 at 21:13
Excellent. I'm definitely looking forward to watching the conference. So getting free games is a nice added bonus.
TrueAssassin86x
Posted on 09 June 18 at 21:17
Nice 4pm Est tomorrow needs to hurry up and get here i want my free games lol.
GamingByJG
GamingByJG
Posted on 09 June 18 at 21:20
I only received Rare Replay for free last year. Never got the additional games or DLCs mentioned.
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 09 June 18 at 21:23
Already had The Final Station and Rare Replay, but glad I got No Time To Explain. Really glad they're doing this again because who can say no to free stuff?
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 09 June 18 at 21:24, Edited on 09 June 18 at 21:27 by KBop a doo
JGrayNY said:
I only received Rare Replay for free last year. Never got the additional games or DLCs mentioned.
That seems a bit odd since it was all given at the same time as a bundle (at least mine was -- it all appeared in my download queue at the same time). Did you contact Mixer/Microsoft support when it happened? I'm sure they would have been able to help out.
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 09 June 18 at 21:44
They keep giving me copies of Rare Replay. I have it physical and digital now and I really hope they don't try to give it to me again lol

Also I recall all the DLC being useless to me.

I hope for a better loot pull this year.
AL1
AL1
Posted on 09 June 18 at 21:45
There were some restrictions. Maybe region was one of them, and I think something had an age restriction.

Can't remember any of the specifics, but I'm sure it was posted at some point last year.
Just a guy playing games.
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 09 June 18 at 21:51, Edited on 09 June 18 at 21:54 by iTz Canada Ehh
Hitman Marko said:
"Users who log into Mixer using their Microsoft account don't have to worry about this."

Just to confirm, can I watch this on my Xbox One, with my Xbox Account, without creating a mixer account? It starts June 12th right? I missed out on this last year, so would like to take part this year. I'm extremely tired right now and the wording looks a bit confusing, saying something about linking accounts.
Idk how it works on console, but when you go to mixer and attempt to log in from a PC, it gives you the option to log in with a microsoft account. You just need to log in with the email and password of your gamertag and watch while that account is logged in. So I'd assume it would recognize you being logged in if you're watching it on your gamertag, on your Xbox, but I'm not 100% sure.
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 09 June 18 at 21:56
New Paralyzer said:
They keep giving me copies of Rare Replay. I have it physical and digital now and I really hope they don't try to give it to me again lol

Also I recall all the DLC being useless to me.

I hope for a better loot pull this year.
Watch everyone get Sea of Thieves this year lol
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 09 June 18 at 21:57, Edited on 09 June 18 at 22:20 by KBop a doo
Hitman Marko said:
"Users who log into Mixer using their Microsoft account don't have to worry about this."

Just to confirm, can I watch this on my Xbox One, with my Xbox Account, without creating a mixer account? It starts June 12th right? I missed out on this last year, so would like to take part this year. I'm extremely tired right now and the wording looks a bit confusing, saying something about linking accounts.
Linking your account is mentioned because Mixer has options to log in other ways besides a Microsoft account (Facebook, Twitter, Discord, things like that). Users who log in with these options need to make sure their account is linked, otherwise Mixer has no way of knowing who they are on Xbox.

But yes, if you log in on your Xbox console and watch Mixer through the app, then you are automatically logged in on your Xbox account and don't need to worry about any of that jazz. And you do have a Mixer account technically, just one that Microsoft automatically creates for you with your Xbox info.
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 09 June 18 at 21:58
Give stuff away on mixer is stupid since Microsoft won't fix mixer which keeps lagging because to many people are watching
Goggs25
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.