Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Forza Horizon 4 Announced

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 June 18 at 22:53
    LifeExpectancy said:
    Looks on point, as usual, but if it's a persistent open world I may pass. I like my solo horizon.
    FORZA HORIZON alway was open world. Even the very first.
    .XBOX 4 LIFE. https://www.change.org/petitions/to-tell-microsoft-to-make-self-published-live-able-games-on-windows-phone-and-windows-8-and-tell-deve
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant1,125,500
    Posted on 10 June 18 at 22:59
    Dakrkplayer2 said:
    LifeExpectancy said:
    Looks on point, as usual, but if it's a persistent open world I may pass. I like my solo horizon.
    FORZA HORIZON alway was open world. Even the very first.
    He means if FH4 is always multiplayer, without a single player option. IAteA11ThePies said:
    wookieepuppy said:
    I also was hoping for Japan. Mountains, curvy roads, sun snow., driving on the left...

Fh4: no sale here.....yet........skepticism prevails!
    Have you been to Scotland? laugh

Mountains, curvy roads, sun snow., driving on the left...and more. wink

It looks like a lot of what they showed was Scotland based in terms of scenery as well as Edinburgh. Super stoked for this game now, even more than before. Curious to see what other settlements they feature. Glasgow? Gretna? Stirling? Newcastle? York? Blackpool? Depends on how much they spread out the map and the artistic licence of the placing of things. I reckon 1 or two from Northern England anyway, that it'll be treating Scotland & England like France and Italy in FH2.

Also, I wonder if sheep will stand around on the roads awaiting their death like the dumbass creatures do in real life. laugh
    Lake District would be awesome, and that is right on my doorstep. Could through in Blackpool for coastal races.
    This post may be sarcastic.
  • Da VinciDa Vinci1,009,025
    Posted on 10 June 18 at 23:01
    Yeahhhh boys the Forza franchise keeps getting bettter and better each year, what would we do without the best racing game franchise on the planet? Forza horizon 4 looks gorgeous and i am soooo excited for it also to be set in England
  • PrisPris2,181,302
    Posted on 10 June 18 at 23:05
    How unrealistic. We never see the 4 seasons! It's mostly rain with an occasional day of sun thrown in.
  • sassydotsassydot300,275
    Posted on 10 June 18 at 23:08
    Man I really hope it's not persistent online shared world. If there's no solo option, they've lost me :( No interest in trying to do races or their bullshit PR stunts with a bunch of griefers in the way, y'know.
    Nice to see a glimpse of a wristband there, hopefully steering (lol) themselves back away from that dreadful "you're the boss" system of FH3.

It looks awesome, and I really want to be excited, but without knowing what sort of online/solo world we're potentially being forced into, I'm wary.
  • MH The RockstarMH The Rockstar1,387,706
    Posted on 10 June 18 at 23:26
    Oh I hope there is still solo play, otherwise they lost me cry
    Ha ha, charade you are!
  • Yummy BaklavaYummy Baklava1,023,067
    60FPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RadiantViperRadiantViper1,123,644
    Throni360 said:
    Why no japan setting? They had ONE job and fucked it up. We already had a european setting in FH2.
    What "job"? The Japan thing was a RUMOUR.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 June 18 at 23:36
    RadiantViper said:
    Throni360 said:
    Why no japan setting? They had ONE job and fucked it up. We already had a european setting in FH2.
    What "job"? The Japan thing was a RUMOUR.
    This.
  • Posted on 10 June 18 at 23:47, Edited on 10 June 18 at 23:58 by TruthfulSkate8
    Does the MMO replacement of drive-atars have the option to turn off collisions? because if not, the game will be have too much griefing and no ability to do PR stunts.
    How can you even rewind if there are other live players present?
    I can see myself opting out of this online feature when it comes to trying to work on achievements and stunts.

A bit worried about the new type of 'group working together to reach the target' challenges.
    I'm worried we are going to fail as a group constantly because of free-to-play game pass users not pulling their weight because they don't care; they're just demoing the game and playing aimlessly.

Thank god for no Japan setting on both Horizon 4 and Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Unless the game has the authentic level of detail seen in the modern Yakuza games, I can't see it working.

Also please move the Forzathon timed challenge achievements to internally managed offerings (like what Turn10 is now doing with FM7, there are no more challenges to unlock). The 500+ challenges is just too excessive.
    Posted on 10 June 18 at 23:59
    I feel like the online integration just means you won't have to go into the menus and separately start online modes now. I'm assuming you can still play the campaign events and freeroam solo if you want.
  • Yummy BaklavaYummy Baklava1,023,067
    Posted on 11 June 18 at 00:03
    I think it will be similar to NFS: Rivals, where you can switch between single player and online with a simple toggle.
    Posted on 11 June 18 at 00:28, Edited on 11 June 18 at 00:29 by RadiantViper
    http://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/06/10/forza-horizon-4-every-...

“Always online is a problem for people,” admits principal game designer Mike Brown. “Sometimes you just don’t want to play with other people; sometimes people are just put off by the idea of having to cope with other people.”

“It comes with loads of other problems, such as your internet goes down, you can’t play. Our servers go down; you can’t play. So we solved that problem by saying that Forza Horizon 4 will not be an always-online game. As much as this is a shared-world game, and we believe it’s much better played with other people, you can totally just click a button and play the entire game in single player with Drivatars if that’s your wont.
  • BLYASTBLYAST1,180,091
    Posted on 11 June 18 at 00:49
    So EVERYONE will be in the same game Elder Scrolls Online megaserver style? Or will it just be mini lobbies of people like Grand Theft Auto/Destiny did for example?

This is a Day 1 buy from me if it is a big megaserver with EVERYONE on it like they made it seem.
    OG
  • Posted on 11 June 18 at 00:49
    RadiantViper said:
    http://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/06/10/forza-horizon-4-every-...

“Always online is a problem for people,” admits principal game designer Mike Brown. “Sometimes you just don’t want to play with other people; sometimes people are just put off by the idea of having to cope with other people.”

“It comes with loads of other problems, such as your internet goes down, you can’t play. Our servers go down; you can’t play. So we solved that problem by saying that Forza Horizon 4 will not be an always-online game. As much as this is a shared-world game, and we believe it’s much better played with other people, you can totally just click a button and play the entire game in single player with Drivatars if that’s your wont.
    Awesome.
  • NutbarzNutbarz64,713
    Posted on 11 June 18 at 02:31
    2 Things, I want to drive the snowplow, and I want to drive the tractor.
  • Posted on 11 June 18 at 03:25
    Smiled all the way through that trailer, I AM SOOOO HYPED!
  • Coffee F1Coffee F116,177
    Posted on 11 June 18 at 03:59
    Yes, set in U.K! :)
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 June 18 at 04:18
    Anyway with info that we not required to be in the shared world. I will be used share world when I playing with other for achievements.
    .XBOX 4 LIFE. https://www.change.org/petitions/to-tell-microsoft-to-make-self-published-live-able-games-on-windows-phone-and-windows-8-and-tell-deve
  • Posted on 11 June 18 at 04:44
    Why is everyone complaining about the game not being in Japan?
    This looks great!! Apart from stupid animals who wander straight onto the road
    Mr. Negative
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads