Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Download The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit for Free Now

AuthorMessage
TinSigmund666
518,056
TinSigmund666
Posted on 13 June 18 at 14:45
b00f said:
Basileus said:
b00f said:
- Some choices and actions will link to your Life is Strange 2 experience
So are they saying choices I make in this game will change things in Life is Strange 2? If so, glad I haven't played Life is Strange 2 yet.
Life is Strange: Before the Storm is not Life is Strange 2.
Please elaborate. Are they making a Life is Strange 2 and not counting Before the Storm as Life is Strange 2?
Life is Strange 2 will not have Chloe or other LiS characters. Been stated years ago by the makers.
LiS: Before the Storm is a prequel to the first game. :)
KingyOwl
277,194
KingyOwl
Posted on 13 June 18 at 15:11
I've got a feeling this won't have achievements but have my fingers crossed that it will!
SepticSchizo
1,238,912
SepticSchizo
Posted on 13 June 18 at 15:37
Aren't all demos free?
AngelTiddles
225,710
AngelTiddles
Posted on 13 June 18 at 15:44
SepticSchizo said:
Aren't all demos free?
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue wasn't, but then that's $ony for you.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 13 June 18 at 15:59, Edited on 13 June 18 at 15:59 by
stupid fun fact, when I went to the store page, my eyes saw this:

The Awesome Adventures of Captain Apeshit


lol..i am tired
iMaginaryy
1,149,470
iMaginaryy
Posted on 13 June 18 at 19:25
Elite1111111111 said:
alklein92201 said:
StuartATrueRed said:
I think if it doesn't have achievements, then why unveil it at E3?
... What does that have to do with E3?
Well at E3 they made a big deal about it being a free game. Here it's called a demo. Having achievements would make it lean towards being an actual game.
Uhh...so like Tetris, Pong!, Super Mario Bros. ...those aren't actual games? shock

Would love this to have an achievement list, but seeing as it's likely a very short demo and prelude to Life is Strange 2 just to introduce the characters and such it would likely be such a quick 1000g (which I imagine is required) they opted to not give it achievements at all.

Interesting that NBA Prelude 17 had achievements, but 18 did not and now this does not - perhaps they've noted the trend for/against obnoxiously quick 1k's.

In any case, this looks interesting as does the lead up to Life is Strange 2. Not sure if I'll like it as much as the first, but we shall see.
Fear is the mindkiller.
Elite1111111111
Posted on 13 June 18 at 19:38, Edited on 13 June 18 at 19:45 by Elite1111111111
iMaginaryy said:
Elite1111111111 said:
alklein92201 said:
StuartATrueRed said:
I think if it doesn't have achievements, then why unveil it at E3?
... What does that have to do with E3?
Well at E3 they made a big deal about it being a free game. Here it's called a demo. Having achievements would make it lean towards being an actual game.
Uhh...so like Tetris, Pong!, Super Mario Bros. ...those aren't actual games? shock

Would love this to have an achievement list, but seeing as it's likely a very short demo and prelude to Life is Strange 2 just to introduce the characters and such it would likely be such a quick 1000g (which I imagine is required) they opted to not give it achievements at all.

Interesting that NBA Prelude 17 had achievements, but 18 did not and now this does not - perhaps they've noted the trend for/against obnoxiously quick 1k's.

In any case, this looks interesting as does the lead up to Life is Strange 2. Not sure if I'll like it as much as the first, but we shall see.
You're being facetious. You know very well what I meant. Pretty much the only Xbox Games without achievements are the ones in the Creators Program.

A game doesn't have to have achievements to be a game, but if it had achievements I'd say it's more than a demo.
iMaginaryy
1,149,470
iMaginaryy
Posted on 13 June 18 at 21:38, Edited on 13 June 18 at 21:38 by iMaginaryy
Elite1111111111 said:
*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***


You're being facetious. You know very well what I meant. Pretty much the only Xbox Games without achievements are the ones in the Creators Program.

A game doesn't have to have achievements to be a game, but if it had achievements I'd say it's more than a demo.
Heh heh, fair enough <3

Was hoping you were being more reasonable in approach, but you must admit it can be sickening to see people (as much as we all love achievements here) think that all a game is is the sum of it's achievements - even if you weren't in that boat.

There's also things like Pub G and other game preview games as well to throw into that bunch.

This one in particular does seem to be intended as a demo though, or prelude/teaser. While still good faith, to xbox gamers it is probably true it'd be even better PR with achievements. Many more would jump on board.
Fear is the mindkiller.
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 13 June 18 at 22:17
XPhiles in IA said:
stupid fun fact, when I went to the store page, my eyes saw this:

The Awesome Adventures of Captain Apeshit


lol..i am tired
I don't know why I laughed like a stupid little kid when I read this but I did laughlaugh Captain Apeshit
freedomgirl85
141,611
freedomgirl85
Posted on 13 June 18 at 22:33
I think this will have achievements similar to a telltale game series such as Minecraft story mode with 5 to 7 achievements per episode.


"episode" 2 will cost, 3 will be free rinse and repeat until done and then a full game able to be purchased with all in it

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 13 June 18 at 23:08, Edited on 13 June 18 at 23:08 by
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
XPhiles in IA said:
stupid fun fact, when I went to the store page, my eyes saw this:

The Awesome Adventures of Captain Apeshit


lol..i am tired
I don't know why I laughed like a stupid little kid when I read this but I did laughlaugh Captain Apeshit
lol me too, i think my eyes were partially crossed from looking at data on my screen. u got me laughing hard over here, i dont laugh often.
Our Afflictions
Posted on 14 June 18 at 05:40
Elite1111111111 said:
alklein92201 said:
StuartATrueRed said:
I think if it doesn't have achievements, then why unveil it at E3?
... What does that have to do with E3?
Well at E3 they made a big deal about it being a free game. Here it's called a demo. Having achievements would make it lean towards being an actual game.
laugh
damoklis
59,924
damoklis
Posted on 14 June 18 at 11:59
typ-o in the description on the michaelsoft store page; it says "...play with a 10 year old boy..." it makes the game sound like a pedophile simulator. well, pedo's need to play too i guess.
KenH2k4
448,152
KenH2k4
Posted on 14 June 18 at 12:44, Edited on 14 June 18 at 12:46 by KenH2k4
damoklis said:
typ-o in the description on the michaelsoft store page; it says "...play with a 10 year old boy..." it makes the game sound like a pedophile simulator. well, pedo's need to play too i guess.
It most definitely doesnt. It says "Meet Chris, a ... 10 year old boy." Freudian slip?
Elite1111111111
Posted on 14 June 18 at 12:49, Edited on 14 June 18 at 12:51 by Elite1111111111
Our Afflictions said:
Elite1111111111 said:
alklein92201 said:
StuartATrueRed said:
I think if it doesn't have achievements, then why unveil it at E3?
... What does that have to do with E3?
Well at E3 they made a big deal about it being a free game. Here it's called a demo. Having achievements would make it lean towards being an actual game.
laugh
Please scroll up a couple comments and read if this statement is for some reason confusing to you.

To sum them up:

The vast majority of XBOX GAMES have achievements. If it had achievements, I doubt anyone would be calling it a demo.
Ostrowidzki1989
Posted on 14 June 18 at 22:49
It looks really interesting and I really want to give it a try. On that note, if it doesn't have achievements, I have another 600 games that I already don't have enough time that haven't been started to any degree yet.

Simple fact is, with so many games with achievements, gotta opt out of the ones that don't, simple as that. Spending the time playing a game that has no achievements is sacrificing time to play another game with achievements.
Blissed Away
446,346
Blissed Away
Posted on 15 June 18 at 08:22
There are so many great games without achievements, though. This is a short game, so if it there are no achievements it isn't a big deal.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.