Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Windows Phone 7 Releases: October 26th, 2011

• SuyomizzleSuyomizzle206,266
    Posted on 26 October 11 at 11:57Permalink
    Two releases this week, one with connectivity to its Xbox counterpart

To make up for the recent Windows Phone 7 drought, two promising looking releases appeared on the marketplace this week. Please note that Orbital requires the Mango update to be available to download.

Kinectimals (WP) - $2.99 - £2.29

This irresistible mobile experience gives you the chance to use your phone to visit the island of Lemuria and play with, care for and fall in love with your very own cub. Bring your pet with you wherever you go! If you've already experienced Kinectimals on Kinect for Xbox 360, your phone becomes the key to unlocking five new cubs on your console. Stand-alone mobile game features Kinectimals' signature visual quality, delightful animation and brand new ways to play with your cub!
    Orbital (WP) - $2.99 - £2.29

Orbital is the addicting and challenging puzzle game to spend every free minute on. Three thrilling game modes combined with an absolutely addicting gameplay will grant you the ultimate challenge. Test your skills and ability to survive as long as possible and reach for rank one on the leader board! Because in this one-thumb experience you'll have but one target: Destroy as many orbs as possible and shoot yourself into the Orbital Olympus. Get your hands on this puzzle game and you will never want to miss it again.

Shoot orbs onto the playing field and watch them grow until they hit an obstacle and use the following orbs to destroy it. Hit every orb three times until it bursts into space and grants you one point to your highscore. Destroy as many orbs as you can but beware: The space on the playing field is limited so think hard about where you put the next one!

Three game modes will challenge you with addictive gameplay. Just play your game and try to destroy as many orbs in Pure mode, or get your orbs distracted by a gravitation field around them in Gravity mode. Your shots will be distracted by gravitation so be careful when you target! The Supernova mode will allow you to perform awesome combos when your orbs damage the surrounding ones with a shock wave as they burst into space.

But it's not only about reaching the highest score! Fulfill the special tasks to unlock Achievements or try to get on top of the Xbox LIVE Leader board.
    Credit goes to mydefposse for this story
  • MemoryslaveMemoryslave158,232
    Posted on 26 October 11 at 12:03Permalink
    Just bought Kinectimals, great game and it has easy achievements.
  • ReevysReevys200,057
    Posted on 26 October 11 at 12:18, Edited on 26 October 11 at 12:19 by ReevysPermalink
    Am I the only one who came into this news article expecting it to be called WindowsPhone7imals?
  • IRBIRB553,909
    Posted on 26 October 11 at 12:19Permalink
    And it is soooo cute ;)
  • SaltyTONSaltyTON217,587
    Posted on 26 October 11 at 12:26Permalink
    So how does it work? Obviously you tell the cubs to do stuff by moving on Kinect. It's quite fun, but on a phone?

Downloaded the trial, but won't play it until later.
  • heatlightheatlight1,301,947
    Posted on 26 October 11 at 12:40Permalink
    Orbital is absolutely outstanding.
  • litepinklitepink294,483
    Posted on 26 October 11 at 12:40Permalink
    Reevys said:
    Am I the only one who came into this news article expecting it to be called WindowsPhone7imals?
    You are...but very funny laugh

Kinectimals will be my first purchase since IonBallEX. Might even buy Oribital too. And wow, two games!
  • PeeMcPeePeeMcPee298,221
    Posted on 26 October 11 at 13:56Permalink
    I see Orbital but no Kinectimals for sale yet....where is it?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 October 11 at 14:18Permalink
    yay Orbital!
  • Posted on 26 October 11 at 14:32Permalink
    Kinectimals was available first thing this morning in the UK, which was a surprise. Usually it takes until mid-afternoon for them to appear.
  • ReAl ImPuLsEReAl ImPuLsE907,728
    Posted on 26 October 11 at 14:44Permalink
    Download Kinectimals trial if any good then i will buy it.
  • Posted on 26 October 11 at 15:16Permalink
    Both games are fairly entertaining and I personally love the Kinectimals even though I don't have a Kinect. It's a shame I'm missing out on that Kinectivity. Still WP7 makes another great game...
  • DaShAgDaShAg241,064
    Posted on 26 October 11 at 15:39, Edited on 26 October 11 at 15:44 by DaShAgPermalink
    Hmmm, That Kinectimals title looks promising !

EDIT: It's not on the marketplace cry
  • Posted on 26 October 11 at 16:10Permalink
    Orbital is ace.
    i wasnt sure about Kinectimals, but ive heard quite a lot of positive stuff about it i might need to try it out, i have a feeling its more for the gf than myself though
    Adventure is out there
    Posted on 26 October 11 at 16:22Permalink
    DaShAg said:

I couldn't find it either, than I looked under "new" games. I had to scroll past quite a few non-LIVE titles, but eventually found it.
  • wbswbs904,388
    Posted on 26 October 11 at 16:22Permalink
    I don't see Kinectimals but Jet Car Stunts is there and I don't remember that game releasing last week.
  • mik29mik29494,212
    Posted on 26 October 11 at 16:26Permalink
    litepink said:
    DaShAg said:

I couldn't find it either, than I looked under "new" games. I had to scroll past quite a few non-LIVE titles, but eventually found it.
    nope, still cant find it????
    Full of pointy goodness
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 October 11 at 16:30Permalink
    I don't have a Kinect... but I have played Kinectimals... I'm not ashamed to say I'm 35 and enjoyed the heck out of it lol. I'll try it on my phone.
  • Posted on 26 October 11 at 16:40Permalink
    The jet game was out last week and I'm not seeing Kinectimals either. Using trophy from verizon
    Technozombie83
    Posted on 26 October 11 at 16:40, Edited on 26 October 11 at 18:05 by litepinkPermalink
    mik29 said:
    litepink said:
    DaShAg said:

nope, still cant find it????
    Try this (?) I think you have to visit this site from your phone: http://www.windowsphone.com/5a3f9c59-1d30-4895-bb76-641bdd95...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.