Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

E3 2018: Five Ways Hitman 2 Is Improving on Its Predecessor

• Posted on 18 June 18 at 16:27Permalink
    Certainly going to be the next Hitman I will play, I have only played Blood Money which is great so looking forward to this. A lot of game releasing October/November time.
    Mr Bear if you dare
  • Anima PuraAnima Pura275,634
    Posted on 18 June 18 at 17:15Permalink
    Now that IO Interactive has gone "independent" and the stealth genre is kinda dead (MGS is done and Splinter Cell is many years away it seems), this franchise feels like an oasis among all these shooter or action games that don't have any finesse. I preordered it as soon as it got announced.
    "He who controls the memes, controls the universe." - Unknown
  • Posted on 18 June 18 at 18:29Permalink
    I liked that disguises didn't work on everyone. I liked that if you dressed as a cook, other cooks would see through you as not being a coworker.
    I do not want the stealth to become more like assassins creed. I like the AC games but I don't consider them stealth games at first thought
  • Posted on 18 June 18 at 19:49Permalink
    Looking forward to this, need to play the others at some point
  • Posted on 18 June 18 at 20:08Permalink
    Alchemist xPTKx said:
    I liked that disguises didn't work on everyone. I liked that if you dressed as a cook, other cooks would see through you as not being a coworker.
    I do not want the stealth to become more like assassins creed. I like the AC games but I don't consider them stealth games at first thought
    I just wanna be sure I said this right so you have it right. Certain NPCs can still spot you even when you're disguised, but if you're blending into crowds, they can't. It still takes you moving from crowd to crowd and navigating smartly.
  • hitman04hitman04175,363
    Posted on 18 June 18 at 20:39Permalink
    It's 2018, Hitman should:
    Have the option to carry bodies rather than grab
    He should be turning handles properly when opening doors
    The changing clothes animation also needs work
    Customisable weapons and other things from Blood Money
  • Lt DavoLt Davo176,974
    Posted on 18 June 18 at 21:41Permalink
    "In pretty much every other game in the series, it's easy for your perfectly executed kill to happen entirely off-screen. In HITMAN 2, more cinematics will be used to sell the drama for the player. In my demo, after I sabotaged a racer's vehicle, the game cut to a cinematic to show her wiping out as I succeeded in my mission. In previous games, that would've just happened wherever it happened, no matter if I was witness to it or not."

Didn't Blood Money have this? I'm thinking specifically about when you sabotage the guy's propane tank in the rehab center, but I'm also thinking that wasn't unique.

"This is a small thing I noticed but it really helped the immersion of my mission. When in disguise and not moving, Agent 47 will now alter his posture to look more like someone who he is disguised as. Dressed as a waiter, I saw him stand politely with his hands behind his back, blending in as a server in a way you once had to prompt him to do — and only at certain counters or tables."

HITMAN (2016) definitely had this, at least in certain disguises. Whenever 47 wore a bodyguard disguise, he always stood at attention and folded his hands when you left him idle for a couple of seconds. I can't recall whether other disguises had similar animations.
  • Posted on 18 June 18 at 22:32Permalink
    But what of the human shields and sniper briefcase?
    "Only when you allow someone else to define your success do you truly experience failure."
  • Ultima22Ultima22683,619
    Posted on 18 June 18 at 22:44Permalink
    hitman04 said:
    It's 2018, Hitman should:
    Have the option to carry bodies rather than grab
    He should be turning handles properly when opening doors
    The changing clothes animation also needs work
    Customisable weapons and other things from Blood Money
    You're right, it's definitely current year right now.
    This here is what you call domination. It's a combination of skill and concentration.
  • Dresden N7Dresden N7386,338
    Posted on 18 June 18 at 23:50, Edited on 18 June 18 at 23:51 by Dresden N7Permalink
    I absolutely loved Hitman (2016), so much so that I completed every single challenge and eliminated all of the Elusive Targets. I can't wait to tackle the sequel in November!

BqCaduceusMD said:
    But what of the human shields and sniper briefcase?
    Don't know about human shields but briefcases are confirmed to be back!
  • Lt DavoLt Davo176,974
    Posted on 19 June 18 at 00:00Permalink
    I'd like to see kills from the elevator hatch come back. There was no limit to the number of elevator passengers you could stealthily kill and conceal - ideal for sociopath ("kill everyone") playthroughs.
  • I ASK NO ONEI ASK NO ONE525,864
    Posted on 20 June 18 at 13:19Permalink
    $100 preorder?
    I ASK NO ONE
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.