Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Alpha and Alpha Skip Ahead System Update Introduces Fast Start

AuthorMessage
punkyliar
punkyliar
Posted on 19 June 18 at 09:49
Seven titles included at first

Please click here to read the story: Xbox Alpha and Alpha Skip Ahead System Update Introduces Fast Start
Awoo
Awoo
Posted on 19 June 18 at 09:56
Sometimes users may encounter an incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
This has been a recurring issue for well over a year now. Is it really that fucking hard to fix permanently?

Fast start seems ok I guess. Never heard of this "Alpha Skip Ahead" ring before, but I suppose that's just the new name for what I'm in, which is to say the most masochistic part of Alpha.
What can change the nature of a man?
punkyliar
punkyliar
Posted on 19 June 18 at 10:14
Awoo said:
Never heard of this "Alpha Skip Ahead" ring before, but I suppose that's just the new name for what I'm in, which is to say the most masochistic part of Alpha.
They introduced it the week before E3. You can read about it here: Xbox One Insiders To Introduce New Alpha – Skip Ahead Ring
Kennyannydenny
Posted on 19 June 18 at 10:19, Edited on 19 June 18 at 10:19 by Kennyannydenny
Awoo said:
Sometimes users may encounter an incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
This has been a recurring issue for well over a year now. Is it really that fucking hard to fix permanently?
I noticed the same for a few months now. My dashboard has the right color, but when I go into my games and apps list it turns into the normal green. Super annoying, good to hear it's not just me though, maybe they'll fix it then.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 19 June 18 at 10:19
Awoo said:

I've got so used to this happening I figured it was a feature laugh
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 19 June 18 at 10:24
The alpha skip ahead is pointless since you get update based on where you live and not what ring your in.

Then there is the fast start system the seven games they use are all under 10GB in size the biggest is 6.3GB you would think they would have added some 40GB to test since majority of games come in around there no they test games that only take anywhere from seconds to a couple of hours.
Goggs25
GavInxs
GavInxs
Posted on 19 June 18 at 10:30
Awoo said:
It's been driving me nuts too. Guess the simple solution is to make your profile colour green laugh

Signing out & back in fixes it for me but it would be nice if they could actually fix it properly!!
CLARION 85
CLARION 85
Posted on 19 June 18 at 10:38
They better fix my Achievement List...3 Games now where i complete every achievement but it still not 100%
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 19 June 18 at 11:03, Edited on 19 June 18 at 11:13 by Spilner
The list in the insider quest is actually different to what stated here (could be a regional thing) since i could also test viva pinata and dead space 2. I just tested on VP and it worked really well FS checked my speed at the start of download and i was able to play the game at 51.2% and played the game as if it were installed. Being VP im not even sure if anything was missing for me to play as the game is all there really.

Edit: Oh yeah since i cant suggest news still these preview rings are also getting to test the new avatars later today https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/06/18/new-avatar-editor-deb...
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
Koding
Koding
Posted on 19 June 18 at 11:30
I'm in the Beta Ring and I have this stuff too (Fast Start, the Game Pass tab, etc.) so it appears it's not just for the Alphas.
Koding - TrueAchievements Moderator
Blissed Away
Blissed Away
Posted on 19 June 18 at 14:32
Seems better to have sometbing like Game Pass instead of the Entertainment section. To be able to customize what sections and the order they are would be even better. I would get rid of the Mixer and Entertainment tabs.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 19 June 18 at 18:48
Loving the new Rewards App :) should be able to rack up those £5 credits a lot quicker and easier :)
Cream cannot help but rise up to the top.....Well I say, "Shit floats"
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 19 June 18 at 19:22
So they no longer will sell movies in Xbox?

I've never used it to watch movies, I'm just curious about it.
Nerdzilla
Nerdzilla
Posted on 19 June 18 at 20:42
No Surveys yet only the new Avatar Editor Surverys
CraziestSock
CraziestSock
Posted on 19 June 18 at 21:58
I was downloading Minecraft season 2 last night and for some reason I had the faststart pop up under it. Im only in the beta group.
Craziestsock
FLUDD
FLUDD
Posted on 19 June 18 at 22:56
Tatl360 said:

I believe it just won't be in the entertainment section. It will still be in the store section, Xbox makes a decent amount of money off their movies because it's more convenient to buy it at home than go to a redbox
BigWiIIieStyIe
Posted on 20 June 18 at 00:16
FLUDD said:
Tatl360 said:

I believe it just won't be in the entertainment section. It will still be in the store section, Xbox makes a decent amount of money off their movies because it's more convenient to buy it at home than go to a redbox
Wish they would just get onboard with Movies Anywhere so all my digital libraries will sync.
AeriBouS
AeriBouS
Posted on 20 June 18 at 07:25
Green, the color of money and weed what's the problem?
I wrote here once on accident and this is what I wrote to never see the original post again.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 20 June 18 at 07:34
BigWiIIieStyIe said:
FLUDD said:
Tatl360 said:

Wish they would just get onboard with Movies Anywhere so all my digital libraries will sync.
I concur.
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.