Walkthroughs Forum

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Xuan-Yuan Sword: The Gate of Firmament Walkthrough Discussion

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 20 June 18 at 20:59
Please use this thread to discuss the Xuan-Yuan Sword: The Gate of Firmament walkthrough
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 20 June 18 at 23:35, Edited on 20 June 18 at 23:35 by LV 1 Blue Slime
I'm doing this one. Not sure how long this one will take because it's longer than the ones I've been doing. Have about 30 hours in my first playthrough and still have to do NG+. Think my first playthrough will be 45-50 hours. I started skipping cutscenes because they're so long and there's so many, so that might speed things up a bit. And the story clubs you over the head with cliches a bit too much for my taste anyway.

I'm going to be a smart guy and not say when it'll be done so I don't jinx myself into months of procrastination.
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 10 July 18 at 21:38, Edited on 10 July 18 at 21:55 by LV 1 Blue Slime
I will have it done this week. Just tidying up the walkthrough now, attaching maps and checking grammar and such. I'm not going to wait until I've finished the game because reaching level 99 takes about 30 hours beyond everything else (78-79 took me about 40 minutes, and it takes longer with each level of course) and I desperately want a break from this abomination. I see no reason to delay the walkthrough while I work on 99 slowly over the next month. I've done some math to try and figure out the fastest way to level and confirmed with the 2 people who have finished the game that you need all characters to 99, not just one, so the only thing I have left to do is spend 30 hours killing the same 3 groups of stone monsters.
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 23 July 18 at 22:26, Edited on 23 July 18 at 22:27 by LV 1 Blue Slime
Well, been slacking long enough. I'll finally have level 99 tonight so I suppose I don't have anymore excuses, but man this game sucks. It's not worth $25. Finishing it up at work and then I have to check on a few things when I get home and it'll be done.
Za Pantsupati
Za Pantsupati
Posted on 23 August 18 at 15:15
https://imgur.com/gallery/SY3rKiJ

haha <3
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 24 August 18 at 00:11
Well, you know. I do love my procrastination a little too much I guess. I've been working on it the last few days. I'm making pages for the monsters/items/etc since the walkthrough itself is pretty much done. Just have the quest page to do and I'm done, working on it as we speak. I work on walkthroughs mainly at my job, and I have to to work all weekend so it may even be done by then, but I suppose I shouldn't say anything more than that. headspin
Za Pantsupati
Za Pantsupati
Posted on 25 August 18 at 11:47
Sounds good! I forgot to buy this last sale so who knows when I’ll actully get around to it. I was just in one of those funks where I couldn’t decide what to play and was browsing what games had guides. :)
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 13 September 18 at 04:07, Edited on 13 September 18 at 04:08 by LV 1 Blue Slime
I've submitted the walkthrough finally. It's been a labor of "love" for a few months now, but I can't think of anything I missed or need to add. If you have any questions/comments/criticisms, feel free to do so.

Za Pantsupati said:
Sounds good! I forgot to buy this last sale so who knows when I’ll actully get around to it. I was just in one of those funks where I couldn’t decide what to play and was browsing what games had guides. :)
I would wait until it's on sale for 50% off at least. I thought it was pretty awful after the first hour or two and it's a 100+ hour completion, so that should tell you how much I enjoyed it. If I knew it would be this awful I wouldn't have done the walkthrough, to be honest. Even if I went through the trouble of getting a One from China and paying the obnoxious amount for it I wouldn't stack this. But I've been told I tend to like shit and hate good stuff, so maybe you should do the opposite headspin
Za Pantsupati
Za Pantsupati
Posted on 13 September 18 at 13:38
Yikes, didn't expect 100+ for it. Well, thanks for the effort! I'm sure I'll play it eventually. We've both suffered for our score over the years, haha.
Information Posted on 19 September 18 at 10:53
The walkthrough has now been published.

You can find it here: Xuan-Yuan Sword: The Gate of Firmament Walkthrough
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.