Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Friday the 13th: The Game Developer Confirms No Future Content Will Be Added

AuthorMessage
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 22 June 18 at 00:34
Legal issues bringing as much fun as always

Please click here to read the story: Friday the 13th: The Game Developer Confirms No Future Content Will Be Added
Rickydown
Rickydown
Posted on 22 June 18 at 00:40
Thank god we wont have to worry about completing the single player bs 10000 times.....
Mttyd4
Mttyd4
Posted on 22 June 18 at 00:51
Well that's BS all the Jason's are the same so they could the only difference is the animation but they have a model already so much bs indie developers drop and come back all the time
ComboChrist
ComboChrist
Posted on 22 June 18 at 00:54
Mttyd4 said:
Well that's BS all the Jason's are the same so they could the only difference is the animation but they have a model already so much bs indie developers drop and come back all the time
Naruto-pp and no reading-comprehension whatsoever.
Color me suprised..
MannedPython070
Posted on 22 June 18 at 00:59
That’s a shame. I wanted to play as Jason X. At least the servers are still up. If anyone wants to boost matches hit me up
Darkness727420
Posted on 22 June 18 at 01:01
Damn shame, this had so much potential with more single player stuff. Money hungry fucks. Let people enjoy what you've created...

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 22 June 18 at 01:21
ComboChrist said:
Mttyd4 said:
Color me suprised..
so his comment is based on the article/game which he is allowed to have an opinion on

while your's is trying to take a jab at his picture and reading.

grow up
Dark Death 90
Dark Death 90
Posted on 22 June 18 at 01:54
Victor Miller is a greedy piece of garbage. I was so excited for Uber Jason but he ruined it.
#1 Resident Evil Fan.
ParadoxReal8
ParadoxReal8
Posted on 22 June 18 at 01:58
I would have been agree with you if the first comment/opinion was a bit comprehensive.

xONLYINHUMANxx said:
ComboChrist said:
Mttyd4 said:
Color me suprised..
so his comment is based on the article/game which he is allowed to have an opinion on

grow up
MC PHILABUSTA
MC PHILABUSTA
Posted on 22 June 18 at 02:04
I'm sad loved Jason x was the only content that really excited me shitty to do to fans that support the franchise .
Leo Ascendent
Leo Ascendent
Posted on 22 June 18 at 02:06
Soooo, does that mean they may be forced to shut down servers if legal action is taken? I know it says future content, but I cant imagine they would still be allowed to use Jason if there are IP violations.
YouTube.com/GLDDGaming - Gameplays, Tips and Tricks, Achievement Guides, and More!!!!
John Connor M
John Connor M
Posted on 22 June 18 at 02:27
xONLYINHUMANxx said:
ComboChrist said:
Mttyd4 said:
Color me suprised..

grow up
It's incredibly obvious that said Naruto commenter didn't read the article, hence the other person saying they didn't read the article.

The issue isn't from the dev being lazy it's a result of them physically not able to work on it because of the tentative nature of the Jason/Friday the 13th rights. If you expect a developer to work on something that has a chance of not being released then I don't think you understand how the games industry works.

Tl;dr people should read correctly but also not be douches
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 22 June 18 at 03:02
Leo Ascendent said:
Soooo, does that mean they may be forced to shut down servers if legal action is taken? I know it says future content, but I cant imagine they would still be allowed to use Jason if there are IP violations.
That’ll be up to a judge. Of course, the publisher might make that decision before a court forces it to.

The absolute worst case would be like Too Human, where the game was recalled and all copies ordered destroyed.
mjswooosh
mjswooosh
Posted on 22 June 18 at 03:08
Welp, don't have to worry about wasting time on this bullshit then. Scratch one off the potential backlog.
Crims0nScorpion
Posted on 22 June 18 at 04:11
that sucks...it really does, I backed this up on Kickstarter, got the exclusive steelbook and everything and haven't regretted it once. I love this game and it's a shame to see this happen after so much hard work from the developers. This makes me so upset
MC PHILABUSTA
MC PHILABUSTA
Posted on 22 June 18 at 04:35
Yeah where was the claim during the huge Kickstarter campaign ???? Wtf
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 22 June 18 at 04:37
As much as I dislike this game and instead play DBD... This sucks and it's so unfair to those who were committed to this game.

This game had it's fan base and people were really looking forward to all the future content...

The unfortunate trouble that comes with licenses
Crater Bob
Crater Bob
Posted on 22 June 18 at 05:54
Larry Zerner might have something different to say on the matter. Larry who? Oh, you mean Larry Zerner who played Shelley Finkelstein in Friday the 13th Part III, who is now a COPYRIGHT LAWYER in California? Anyway, he was on a podcast very recently where he FULLY explained the ramifications, including the possibility of a trial date being set for sometime next year, which means the rights to Friday the 13th MIGHT get wrenched back from the greedy jerk that yanked 'em up earlier this month.

https://youtu.be/G-uq75IloTk
Gatekeeper 3-6 off your starboard wing, turn to 2-2-0 and drop to angels two or you will be fired upon!
EmDeeGee
EmDeeGee
Posted on 22 June 18 at 06:50
Crater Bob said:
Larry Zerner might have something different to say on the matter. Larry who? Oh, you mean Larry Zerner who played Shelley Finkelstein in Friday the 13th Part III, who is now a COPYRIGHT LAWYER in California? Anyway, he was on a podcast very recently where he FULLY explained the ramifications, including the possibility of a trial date being set for sometime next year, which means the rights to Friday the 13th MIGHT get wrenched back from the greedy jerk that yanked 'em up earlier this month.

https://youtu.be/G-uq75IloTk
That was a good listen bud, thanks for sharing, although I think the point of getting Larry Zerner on on the podcast was to refrain from pointing fingers at who was at fault over this. So I didn't hear anything about any greedy jerks that you mentioned in your comment regarding this lawsuit. Are you referring to the Victor guy?
Proud member of the last remaining Dutch team in GTASC 2015
MAJIN BOOSH
MAJIN BOOSH
Posted on 22 June 18 at 06:57
A 78 year old man who is probably gonna be dead soon ruined this game and any potential new films we may of gotten because of a dispute about a movie from 1978. What the fuck took him so long to make this claim?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.