Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Three Titles to Be Removed from Xbox Game Pass on June 30th, 2018

• KanchanaburiKanchanaburi1,125,108
    Posted on 22 June 18 at 15:15Permalink
    It is simple business. The game pass has a budget of game it has available. If we want new games, the older games have to go. if you cannot finish RE6 in one year, it is no one elses fault.

I imagine that soon RE4 and later, RE7 will join the program. so they need to get rid of RE6.

the issue they have created for themselves by adding MS new releases, is that those take a higher % of the budget, meaning less older games
  • Posted on 22 June 18 at 15:32Permalink
    If anyone wants to do some RE6 MP let me know. I have a hard copy but for those of you about to lose it feel free to hit me up.
    J. Adam Gilman
  • Paul LaserbeamPaul Laserbeam1,584,640
    Posted on 22 June 18 at 16:25Permalink
    I highly recommend Bard's Gold, it's a quick and easy completion and I thought it was a lot of fun.
  • Posted on 22 June 18 at 16:31Permalink
    Paul Laserbeam said:
    I highly recommend Bard's Gold, it's a quick and easy completion and I thought it was a lot of fun.
    I second this.
    Ha ha, charade you are!
  • imaidiot19imaidiot19733,455
    Posted on 22 June 18 at 16:47Permalink
    lukekelly said:
    I downloaded Mad Max before it came off and I still have access to it, I think as long as your membership is active and you keep the game installed it's still playable.
    I had nba2k16 access for a while, but it eventually fell off. It seems to vary, but you will indeed lose access to it, unless you own it in some other way.
    Yes, I know I am.
  • pukem0nnpukem0nn172,746
    Posted on 22 June 18 at 16:48Permalink
    if you get game pass instead of always buying new games it is totally worth it. but we always have to buy new games, so we never get around to game pass games
  • N7 TiggerN7 Tigger475,164
    Posted on 22 June 18 at 17:14Permalink
    Add 16 games. Remove 32. Give 8 days notice. Can't believe people fell for this.
  • YODA12320YODA123201,422,860
    Posted on 22 June 18 at 17:20Permalink
    What's disturbing is there's NO discount when I goto buy it digitally.
    Regards;Yoda12320
  • Posted on 22 June 18 at 17:22, Edited on 22 June 18 at 17:23 by Elite1111111111Permalink
    N7 Tigger said:
    Add 16 games. Remove 32. Give 8 days notice. Can't believe people fell for this.
    When they removed that big batch of games, it was all games that were part of the initial lineup. All this means is that at least some games seem to have 1 year deals to be in the pass, which isn't entirely crazy.

The 3 games being removed at the end of the month were all games added the month after game pass started. So, again, it's several games than seem to have a 1-year 'contract'.
  • MortaigneMortaigne179,405
    Posted on 22 June 18 at 18:00Permalink
    A few more games which were previously removed a few months ago was sneak-added back into Game Pass in June as well:

D4
    Lumo
    Joe Danger
    N+
    Monday Night Combat
  • Posted on 22 June 18 at 18:20Permalink
    Mortaigne said:
    A few more games which were previously removed a few months ago was sneak-added back into Game Pass in June as well:

D4
    Lumo
    Joe Danger
    N+
    Monday Night Combat
    Yeah, I finally decided to try out Game Pass thanks to the discount on the 6 month membership. I’ve noticed several games that have news stories of being removed, aren’t on the list on this site, but are available on Game Pass.

Roundabout is another one that seems to have been sneaked back on.
  • LiquidSodasLiquidSodas196,940
    Posted on 22 June 18 at 18:26Permalink
    It’s a ploy to get you to love them enough to buy them, I bought Dirt Rally when it went down to $12 and I thought it would leave gamepass.
    Drinking all that soda
  • poochz0rzpoochz0rz232,032
    Posted on 22 June 18 at 18:36Permalink
    I just started 98% of games I hadn't started yet, including the ones I was interested in that were available via Game Pass. Glad to see none of those are on the list. Already owned RE6.
  • BetaSigX20BetaSigX20336,256
    Posted on 22 June 18 at 19:12Permalink
    NapalmNiko said:
    What do u think about the game pass ?
    I think the nice thing about it is that it's easy to jump in for a month when you want to play something, and then let the subscription run out when you're busy with other stuff.

Yeah, it's a bit rough if a game you're playing is announced to be departing with only a week or so left to finish it, and I think it was bad optics to dump a whole 25 games at once at the end of May, but as has been said, that was probably just contracts expiring from the initial group of games, and I doubt there will be that sort of mass exodus in the future. If it holds out that most games will stay on GamePass for at least a year or more, that will allow everyone to anticipate which games should be leaving soon, and should give everyone plenty of time for the games they really are interested in.

Plus, if you're willing to spend five minutes a day with Bing, you can easily earn enough rewards points in about 2-3 weeks from that to pay for a month of GamePass, so (assuming you already have a gold subscription) you can have access to the whole library without paying for the GamePass at all.
  • Sol76Sol76710,945
    Posted on 22 June 18 at 20:06Permalink
    Somehow this news was already out a couple of weeks ago.
    I saw someone mention it in his activity feed. Exact the same games. It must have been two weeks ago I think.
  • Posted on 22 June 18 at 20:38Permalink
    NawtyCawty said:
    I am still undecided about Game Pass. It takes me that long to start or finish any game I buy that I doubt it would be worthwhile for me.
    I feel the same way actually so you're not alone in that regard.
    I PLAY TO HAVE FUN!!!! I do tend to play solo most of the time but always willing to play with others if they have time for that of course. TA ROCKS!!
  • DiesskayDiesskay593,331
    Posted on 22 June 18 at 20:48Permalink
    Come on, it's $1/month every now and then - they keep offering this on the main page of the Xbox One - and you have access to so many games. I don't understand the constant debate of if it's worth it or not.
  • AlterPredAlterPred370,156
    Posted on 22 June 18 at 21:01Permalink
    Mortaigne said:

D4
    Lumo
    Joe Danger
    N+
    Monday Night Combat
    Also added

The Maw
    Stacking
  • FOKENWOLFENFOKENWOLFEN285,278
    Posted on 22 June 18 at 21:03Permalink
    lukekelly said:
    I downloaded Mad Max before it came off and I still have access to it, I think as long as your membership is active and you keep the game installed it's still playable.
    Yup, at first I was kinda angry because it wasn't enough time for me to complete the game, but other games are accessible too. On the other hand I never allowed GP to expire, lets see what happens when I do this month. Got the 6 months on discount but will activate it later as I wont be playing that much.
  • Posted on 22 June 18 at 22:06Permalink
    JBS 80 said:
    All three of those were added on July 1st, 2017. So for some games it seems to be a 1-year stay in Game Pass.

If you've completed those and want to get a head-start on games that may be leaving at the end of next month I'd recommend getting started on some of Dead Rising 3, DiRT Rally, LIMBO, Pharaonic, So Many Me, Ultratron, and Metal Slug XX.
    Good luck finishing Dirt Rally lol.

OT: I'm waiting for the other shoe to fall. Last month didn't they announce a small amount of games initially and then they came with another announcement that included like 20 games that were leaving?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.