Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

The Division 2 Thinks the Worst of Humanity

  • Posted on 23 June 18 at 16:21Permalink
    They're not wrong
  • Posted on 23 June 18 at 16:25Permalink
    "Wait until you see who's in the White House."

    Ha ha ha ha oh my God a Trump joke, ha ha ha. Ha. Oh man, that was funny.
  • Posted on 23 June 18 at 16:33, Edited on 23 June 18 at 16:35 by Elite1111111111Permalink
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
    "Wait until you see who's in the White House."

    Ha ha ha ha oh my God a Trump joke, ha ha ha. Ha. Oh man, that was funny.
    Or it's entirely possible they meant the in-game White House.
  • Posted on 23 June 18 at 16:52Permalink
    I'm sure.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle761,410
    Posted on 23 June 18 at 16:53Permalink
    I suddenly like this game.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • SashamorningSashamorning1,706,421
    Posted on 23 June 18 at 17:06Permalink
    The question is whether or not agents will be allowed to keep their weapons in certain federal facilities and gun-free zones.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • Posted on 23 June 18 at 17:17Permalink
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
    I'm sure.
    Wow someone's butt hurt eh
  • Posted on 23 June 18 at 18:30Permalink
    Sashamorning said:
    The question is whether or not agents will be allowed to keep their weapons in certain federal facilities and gun-free zones.
    This is actually the big twist. Agents and enemies take their fight into a government building and have to stop firing when they see an old weathered gun free zone sign. The protagonists then realize that they could have stopped the virus from decimating the country simply by hanging virus free zone signs in every household. The next several hours of gameplay are the player and survivors working side by side putting up apocalypse free zone signs around DC.
  • Posted on 23 June 18 at 19:42Permalink
    LORDOFDOOKIE69 said:
    Sashamorning said:
    The question is whether or not agents will be allowed to keep their weapons in certain federal facilities and gun-free zones.
    This is actually the big twist. Agents and enemies take their fight into a government building and have to stop firing when they see an old weathered gun free zone sign. The protagonists then realize that they could have stopped the virus from decimating the country simply by hanging virus free zone signs in every household. The next several hours of gameplay are the player and survivors working side by side putting up apocalypse free zone signs around DC.
    I wasn't going to play this game, but now that it has sign-hanging mechanics...
  • Posted on 23 June 18 at 20:44Permalink
    O.M.G.... gun free equals safe, Ya OK.
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl149,597
    Posted on 24 June 18 at 07:06Permalink
    My problem with post-apocalyptic fiction is this idea that humans will inevitably turn into complete animals once society falls apart.

    If that's true, then how did society come about in the first place?
  • iMaginaryyiMaginaryy1,353,378
    Posted on 24 June 18 at 08:42, Edited on 24 June 18 at 08:43 by iMaginaryyPermalink
    zeldafanjtl said:
    My problem with post-apocalyptic fiction is this idea that humans will inevitably turn into complete animals once society falls apart.

    If that's true, then how did society come about in the first place?
    While an interesting question and premise, I would contend the following: that society as we know came to be over the course of thousands of years, and if that all fell apart in the course of a few years then those that were accustomed to one such way of living (some might say spoiled) may or may not be able to continue to perform as well when suddenly thrown back at least several centuries in infrastructure.

    That's one common premise that makes post apocalyptia often an interesting premise - that humanity might very well fall back somewhat into what may be called more primitive ways of living. Scavenging, hunting, looting, tribes, general conflict, and scarce resources due to lack of often taken for granted infrastructure.
    Fear is the mindkiller.
  • DiesskayDiesskay552,966
    Posted on 24 June 18 at 13:32Permalink
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
    "Wait until you see who's in the White House."

    Ha ha ha ha oh my God a Trump joke, ha ha ha. Ha. Oh man, that was funny.
    It is funny. I laughed.
  • AL1AL1806,867
    Posted on 24 June 18 at 16:01Permalink
    LORDOFDOOKIE69 said:
    Sashamorning said:
    The question is whether or not agents will be allowed to keep their weapons in certain federal facilities and gun-free zones.
    This is actually the big twist. Agents and enemies take their fight into a government building and have to stop firing when they see an old weathered gun free zone sign. The protagonists then realize that they could have stopped the virus from decimating the country simply by hanging virus free zone signs in every household. The next several hours of gameplay are the player and survivors working side by side putting up apocalypse free zone signs around DC.
    Ubisoft, always the King of Collectibles. Or would this be a reverse collectible?
    Just a guy playing games.
  • LadyNova01LadyNova01292,697
    Posted on 24 June 18 at 18:44Permalink
    Even though this game hasn't shown many improvements over the last instalment in the series I still think this game will turn out well simply because Massive has learnt from their mistakes with The Division 1 and they've adressed that they have taken that with them in making The Division 2. Plus we all have to remember that what we've seen at E3 is such a minor part of the game so we don't know what else is out there.

    Now what other series of Ubisoft are mentioned here I kind of disagree as yes Far Cry 5 felt dissapointing and honestly needs a revision and go back to the way Far Cry 2 was or maybe just make something new like Far Cry Primal was.
    But when it comes to Assassin's Creed the series had it's dip with AC 3 and AC Unity but ever since AC Syndicate I've had the idea that they are on their way back up and from what I've heard of AC Origins(I have it but haven't started it yet) it's one of the better AC Games from the last years and if I have to be honest AC Odyssey seems to follow that pattern so I'm quite hopefull when it comes to the AC series and Ubisoft
    No emotion, that's what business is. If I start it I damn well finish it
  • ElyohElyoh738,481
    Posted on 24 June 18 at 22:39Permalink
    I'm happy for more of the same, I really enjoyed the first one.
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • Posted on 24 June 18 at 22:42Permalink
    Vesper Angel 89 said:
    Even though this game hasn't shown many improvements over the last instalment in the series I still think this game will turn out well simply because Massive has learnt from their mistakes with The Division 1 and they've adressed that they have taken that with them in making The Division 2. Plus we all have to remember that what we've seen at E3 is such a minor part of the game so we don't know what else is out there.

    Now what other series of Ubisoft are mentioned here I kind of disagree as yes Far Cry 5 felt dissapointing and honestly needs a revision and go back to the way Far Cry 2 was or maybe just make something new like Far Cry Primal was.
    But when it comes to Assassin's Creed the series had it's dip with AC 3 and AC Unity but ever since AC Syndicate I've had the idea that they are on their way back up and from what I've heard of AC Origins(I have it but haven't started it yet) it's one of the better AC Games from the last years and if I have to be honest AC Odyssey seems to follow that pattern so I'm quite hopefull when it comes to the AC series and Ubisoft
    I was only talking abut story. I generally agree Ubi games get better with each new game in terms of the systems and mechanics.
  • Xenolith666Xenolith666542,831
    Posted on 24 June 18 at 23:08Permalink
    Where do these people keep finding bomb squad gear?!
  • Posted on 25 June 18 at 01:24Permalink
    Thought this looked great from what was shown at E3. Made me purchase the first one. Looking forward to playing it.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.