Game Discussion: The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit Forum

Forum to discuss specific games - ALL threads MUST be associated with a game

Dontnod’s The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit Won’t Have Achievements

Related game: The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit

AuthorMessage
AngelTiddles
AngelTiddles
Posted on 23 June 18 at 23:41
Found an article today that confirms The Awesome Adventures Of Captain Spirit will NOT have achievements or trophies, indeed confirming it as a teaser for LiS 2.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/06/23/no-captain-sp...
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 24 June 18 at 00:26
Least we can fuck around it in without the achievement constraint.
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
JumboWario
JumboWario
Posted on 24 June 18 at 00:29
Bummer. Uninstalling.
Game On.
Kyuubi Alpha
Kyuubi Alpha
Posted on 24 June 18 at 06:57
JumboWario said:
Bummer. Uninstalling.
i don't get people who don't play games when they don't have achievements, i know i sound i little hypocritical saying that with a GS close to 500k and being on a site all about achievements but games without achievements can just as fun look at "currently" Pubg and Hitman sniper assassin both very fun games and no Achievements to worry about, look at LiS 90% of the achievements are missable and only 10% are story based not like TT games where they are all story based. but I digress the point of the game is a prequel to LiS 2 so you can make decisions that will "effect" your story and the story looks to be quite good and will pull a few heart strings
JumboWario
JumboWario
Posted on 24 June 18 at 10:53
Kyuubi Alpha said:
JumboWario said:
Bummer. Uninstalling.
i don't get people who don't play games when they don't have achievements, i know i sound i little hypocritical saying that with a GS close to 500k and being on a site all about achievements but games without achievements can just as fun look at "currently" Pubg and Hitman sniper assassin both very fun games and no Achievements to worry about, look at LiS 90% of the achievements are missable and only 10% are story based not like TT games where they are all story based. but I digress the point of the game is a prequel to LiS 2 so you can make decisions that will "effect" your story and the story looks to be quite good and will pull a few heart strings
Personal preference. I get what you're saying, but this is essentially a LiS2 demo. I already know I'm going to buy and play LiS2, so to play a demo for it doesn't interest me unless there are achievements. I find it hard to believe that any of the choices will be meaningful and likely they will be small things so I'm not concerned about it.
Game On.
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 24 June 18 at 14:05
Very disappointing but it’s free so they can do what they want.
planting42
planting42
Posted on 24 June 18 at 21:39
With so much else to play, if there aren't achievements there's no impetus to playing it.
https://www.trueachievements.com/event/Viral-Event-2018
x GoDLeSS 666
x GoDLeSS 666
Posted on 24 June 18 at 22:32
lmfao was stoked for some free cheevos guess not. im so pissed rn tbh
AL1
AL1
Posted on 25 June 18 at 03:33
Excluding Game Preview titles, I believe this the first time a game has been branded as an "Xbox game" and not had achievements. (Even then, I think this is those have to have achievements when they leave Preview.)

I guess there's also that Xbox Creators program or whatever it's called, but this certainly seems different.

I will probably still play it since it's only 2 hours and Dontnot are fantastic storytellers, but wow.
Just a guy playing games.
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 25 June 18 at 03:45
AL1 said:
Excluding Game Preview titles, I believe this the first time a game has been branded as an "Xbox game" and not had achievements.
"Hitman: Sniper Assassin" that you get as a pre-order bonus for Hitman 2 is also missing achievements. Both are Square Enix titles, so I wonder if they're labeling these as a demo to keep it free. Although, I'd probably have preferred achievements and a low price as opposed to free with no achievements.
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 25 June 18 at 09:50
AL1 said:
Excluding Game Preview titles, I believe this the first time a game has been branded as an "Xbox game" and not had achievements. (Even then, I think this is those have to have achievements when they leave Preview.)

I guess there's also that Xbox Creators program or whatever it's called, but this certainly seems different.

I will probably still play it since it's only 2 hours and Dontnot are fantastic storytellers, but wow.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/nba-2k18-the-prelude/bz60f... too even though the first had them.
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
Basileus
Basileus
Posted on 25 June 18 at 10:02
Well that's sad, but I will play it anyway.
SnipedByAGir1
SnipedByAGir1
Posted on 25 June 18 at 20:58
I uninstalled it. I would have played it if it had free achievements, but tbh I was pretty underwhelmed with the trailer for this at E3. Looks like this is a game for a toddler. So no cheevos = no play for me and I'm ok with that. I will play Life is Strange 2 though.

I did see that the choices made may have some effect in LiS 2 though, I might change my mind if I find out it's super short.
AL1
AL1
Posted on 25 June 18 at 23:24
Just completed this. Took a shade under 2 hours to do everything. Very enjoyable. Definitely a Dontnod game, with entertaining characters and story.

I'm looking forward to seeing what it has to do with LiS2.
Just a guy playing games.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.