Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

NHL 19 Takes Players Outdoors in September

AuthorMessage
punkyliar
174,921
punkyliar
Posted on 25 June 18 at 10:27
EA's forgotten sports title

Please click here to read the story: NHL 19 Takes Players Outdoors in September
sanityends
316,267
sanityends
Posted on 25 June 18 at 11:09
As a long time lover of the NHL series please boys and girls use EA ACCESS only to play this. It's gonna be another horrific output.
matdan
676,187
matdan
Posted on 25 June 18 at 11:18
sanityends said:
As a long time lover of the NHL series please boys and girls use EA ACCESS only to play this. It's gonna be another horrific output.
Yeah something about the EA version that just seems bland and boring compared to the real sport. Plus it is always years behind the other sports games in terms of improvements.
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
BudgetBallin360
Posted on 25 June 18 at 15:09
Well, I'll be getting NHL 19 on day one bc of the cover athlete, but I barely know hockey. What bad or annoying things should I expect on the road to completing all of the game's expected achievements?
Trujew
216,512
Trujew
Posted on 26 June 18 at 00:19
BudgetBallin360 said:
Well, I'll be getting NHL 19 on day one bc of the cover athlete, but I barely know hockey. What bad or annoying things should I expect on the road to completing all of the game's expected achievements?
That HUT is a lootbox grind and you will be sinking serious time into online play across different modes if you are intent on completing the achievements.
sanityends
316,267
sanityends
Posted on 26 June 18 at 02:07
BudgetBallin360 said:
Well, I'll be getting NHL 19 on day one bc of the cover athlete, but I barely know hockey. What bad or annoying things should I expect on the road to completing all of the game's expected achievements?
Every NHL game is very grindy with some actually very skilled achievements thrown in. In HUT prepare to be amazibg at the game or open your wallet.
AzzyMahmood
220,427
AzzyMahmood
Posted on 26 June 18 at 10:17
The further along we get, the more it's apparent that EA have no interest in putting out a fully-working game. They continue to focus on pathetic gimmicks, like NHL Threes and outdoor games, than fixing the shoddy gameplay and making the traditional gameplay modes work properly.

I signed up to EA Access originally for the NHL games. Now, I only remain because of FIFA (and even now, I'm debating cancelling as FIFA 18 for some reason STILL isn't in the Vault).

Do better EA, we've been waiting 10 years for a fully working game!
sanityends
316,267
sanityends
Posted on 26 June 18 at 11:57
Yea I've been playing since 1991 and the fact that it looks like I may not purchase the game is astounding. They finally have some legends and yes qlways just some new gimmick no gameplay fixes. If they aren't careful NHL won't even survive much longer and there is nothing better than getting 5 buddies together and going 6 v 6. All they care about is the HUT revenue.
IAteA11ThePies
Posted on 26 June 18 at 12:24
AzzyMahmood said:
The further along we get, the more it's apparent that EA have no interest in putting out a fully-working game. They continue to focus on pathetic gimmicks, like NHL Threes and outdoor games, than fixing the shoddy gameplay and making the traditional gameplay modes work properly.

I signed up to EA Access originally for the NHL games. Now, I only remain because of FIFA (and even now, I'm debating cancelling as FIFA 18 for some reason STILL isn't in the Vault).

Do better EA, we've been waiting 10 years for a fully working game!
Tbh I was most surprised to hear that they didn't already have outdoor rinks. 3's could be fun, could be a gimmick.

Re: FIFA 18 - I'd expect it to hit the vault after the World Cup is over.
Shinnizle
727,560
Shinnizle
Posted on 26 June 18 at 16:56
I haven't played an NHL game since NHL 15, and I don't regret it... in my opinion, the last really good one was NHL 12.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
Magicking610
168,026
Magicking610
Posted on 26 June 18 at 18:43
sanityends said:
Yea I've been playing since 1991 and the fact that it looks like I may not purchase the game is astounding. They finally have some legends and yes qlways just some new gimmick no gameplay fixes. If they aren't careful NHL won't even survive much longer and there is nothing better than getting 5 buddies together and going 6 v 6. All they care about is the HUT revenue.
If I had to guess, the legends will be limited to HUT, as they almost always have. They don't need to be careful, unfortunately. They have enough people who buy the game solely for ultimate team (and people who dump more than enough money into it) that they don't need to focus on anything else. In a way, that might not be awful; Can you imagine a monetized EASHL? At least when you used to be able to buy boosts, you could unlock them through normal gameplay.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.