Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit Won't Have Achievements

AuthorMessage
Elite1111111111
Posted on 26 June 18 at 19:09, Edited on 26 June 18 at 19:14 by Elite1111111111
Zorlac0666 said:
No it's really not. it was never proclaimed to be a full game release. I see it as asinine honestly. There's zero reason to have expected this demo to have achievements, and really pathetic if you were only going to play it for free achievements. I myself LOVE achievements, but people like this make me miss the time when they didn't exist.
Captain Spirit was part of Microsoft's E3 show. There was no mention of it being a demo. It was lumped in with every other game presented. Therefore, it's a particularly reasonable expectation that it was... a game.

You are also lumping 2 groups of people together into an amalgamated stance and pretending that people here have that view.

There are people upset this is a demo, as they were expecting a game.
There are people upset this doesn't have achievements, as games generally have achievements (and they didn't know it was a demo).
I don't think there are many people complaining that 'demos don't have achievements.'

TA and I'm sure many other news outlets reported it as a free game.
Dontnod Announces Free Title The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 26 June 18 at 19:17
Zorlac0666 said:
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
Whenever this conversation comes up, it's always the same couple Achievement Police guys arguing against the spirit and purpose of this website, trying to lecture us about the "true" purpose of playing games. Every time. Without fail.
And always the same people crying that they can't inflate their artificial ego with easy numbers they don't have to pay for.

I'm completely ok with the fact that I care about actual gameplay more than my gamerscore even if I love gamerscore. If your post is meant as an insult (which it seems like it is) it failed miserably.
>says he LOVES Gamerscore
>has 22% completion percentage

lel
CompleteKurisu
Posted on 26 June 18 at 19:26
Meh, they should offer achievements for subjecting me to such a depressing narrative. This is the ultimate feel bad game demo.
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 26 June 18 at 20:16
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
Zorlac0666 said:
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
Whenever this conversation comes up, it's always the same couple Achievement Police guys arguing against the spirit and purpose of this website, trying to lecture us about the "true" purpose of playing games. Every time. Without fail.
And always the same people crying that they can't inflate their artificial ego with easy numbers they don't have to pay for.

I'm completely ok with the fact that I care about actual gameplay more than my gamerscore even if I love gamerscore. If your post is meant as an insult (which it seems like it is) it failed miserably.

lel
In all honesty, I love gamerscore, but my completion % would be much lower if it wasn't for this site giving me anxiety whenever I start a new game and I see my percentage drop. 40 isn't great, but it'd be much less if I didn't avoid starting something because of this site. I still thoroughly enjoyed getting to 100K (on January 1 too) and 200K, and will enjoy every milestone along the way. I'm a part time gamer and even more part time achievement hunter. I love games more than achievements, and I'll always enjoy new experiences more than grinding something I hate for a completion. Having said that, I'm still absolutely going to play this. It's in my "someday" pile.
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 26 June 18 at 20:26, Edited on 26 June 18 at 20:28 by Zorlac0666
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
Zorlac0666 said:
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:

lel
I also work full time, take care of my family (which consists of a 4-year old), and if you know anything about children that severely limits my play time. I also play on PC a lot, and my switch. I do love gamerscore, but I don't just limit myself to Xbox games. I play where I find good games.

I also have an a pretty large love of Heroes of the Storm. Which sadly isn't on consoles, and probably won't ever be.

I also don't care about my completion %. I play till I stop finding a game fun. If I haven't got all the achievements at that point, then oh well. It literally means nothing to anyone outside achievement hunting sites anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zorlac0666 Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
Groudon199
Groudon199
Posted on 26 June 18 at 20:49
At least this one doesn't have trophies on PS4, unlike the NBA 2K18 Prelude.
Fifas Funeral
Fifas Funeral
Posted on 26 June 18 at 21:44
If you planned on playing this game, but then you won't because there is no achievements, then you was never planning on truly playing it. Case closed. Achievements have nothing to do with the quality of a game. Furthermore, if they woulda gave you 1000G for completing the first chapter, would you play until the end ? Still no. I understand it's an achievement website, I really get it, but it's getting absurd. Those numbers don't even exist, they don't pay your bill, but yet, you let those same numbers define what you will play or not ? . Damn, I'm very glad that the achievement community is less than 1% of the gamers community as a whole. Either ways, DOTNOD never failed to bring classics on the table (Remember Me, Vampyr, LiS 1) so I will definitely play it.
Case Closed so don't debate it.
Fifas Funeral
Fifas Funeral
Posted on 26 June 18 at 21:47
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
Zorlac0666 said:
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:

lel
Your gamerscore percentage has nothing to do with you loving achievements or not, you look stupid right there lil boy. I swear, the nerves of some peoples.
Fifas Funeral
Fifas Funeral
Posted on 26 June 18 at 21:48
Zorlac0666 said:
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
Zorlac0666 said:
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:

lel
I also work full time, take care of my family (which consists of a 4-year old), and if you know anything about children that severely limits my play time. I also play on PC a lot, and my switch. I do love gamerscore, but I don't just limit myself to Xbox games. I play where I find good games.

I also have an a pretty large love of Heroes of the Storm. Which sadly isn't on consoles, and probably won't ever be.

I also don't care about my completion %. I play till I stop finding a game fun. If I haven't got all the achievements at that point, then oh well. It literally means nothing to anyone outside achievement hunting sites anyway.
Don't bother debate with some of these dudes on this website, don't forget, some of them still live in their mothers basement and won't even wash the dishes for that matter. L on em.

For more informations, read my signature.
THEpaynexkiller
Posted on 26 June 18 at 22:06
Brainlet said:
I WANT MORE FREE GAMERSCORE STOP CUCKING ME
Wiznyatt
Wiznyatt
Posted on 26 June 18 at 22:39
As a slave to the gamerscore, I won't be playing this title. I'm sorry to all of the game developers who make games that don't have achievements but I've got a bad habit and if you don't have what I need then I'll find someone who does. :)
tornprince2012
Posted on 27 June 18 at 00:21
Ashe Arthur said:
If you planned on playing this game, but then you won't because there is no achievements, then you was never planning on truly playing it. Case closed. Achievements have nothing to do with the quality of a game. Furthermore, if they woulda gave you 1000G for completing the first chapter, would you play until the end ? Still no. I understand it's an achievement website, I really get it, but it's getting absurd. Those numbers don't even exist, they don't pay your bill, but yet, you let those same numbers define what you will play or not ? . Damn, I'm very glad that the achievement community is less than 1% of the gamers community as a whole. Either ways, DOTNOD never failed to bring classics on the table (Remember Me, Vampyr, LiS 1) so I will definitely play it.
Top comment on this thread, nothing to add.
puchulandero
puchulandero
Posted on 27 June 18 at 00:51
Elite1111111111 said:
Zorlac0666 said:
No it's really not. it was never proclaimed to be a full game release. I see it as asinine honestly. There's zero reason to have expected this demo to have achievements, and really pathetic if you were only going to play it for free achievements. I myself LOVE achievements, but people like this make me miss the time when they didn't exist.
Captain Spirit was part of Microsoft's E3 show. There was no mention of it being a demo. It was lumped in with every other game presented. Therefore, it's a particularly reasonable expectation that it was... a game.

You are also lumping 2 groups of people together into an amalgamated stance and pretending that people here have that view.

There are people upset this doesn't have achievements, as games generally have achievements (and they didn't know it was a demo).
I don't think there are many people complaining that 'demos don't have achievements.'

totally agree with you... the problem here is that everyone thought it was a game... but it isn´t. I am not english, and maybe i am wrong with the translation but.... a DEMO is not a small demostration of a bigger game?

A demo is a small part of something bigger... and this game is a COMPLETE game, not a demostration of a complete game... so... i have no clue why this is a demo.
Kinect Forever
Fifas Funeral
Fifas Funeral
Posted on 27 June 18 at 02:04
puchulandero said:
Elite1111111111 said:
Zorlac0666 said:

totally agree with you... the problem here is that everyone thought it was a game... but it isn´t. I am not english, and maybe i am wrong with the translation but.... a DEMO is not a small demostration of a bigger game?

A demo is a small part of something bigger... and this game is a COMPLETE game, not a demostration of a complete game... so... i have no clue why this is a demo.
This guy has a legit point here
Kexol
Kexol
Posted on 27 June 18 at 02:12
Ashe Arthur said:
puchulandero said:
Elite1111111111 said:
Zorlac0666 said:

This guy has a legit point here
This is true. Also, I'll be playing this game either way. Achievements shouldn't stop you from playing great games.
Cemetery Girls
Posted on 27 June 18 at 02:22
Ashe Arthur said:
Saying case-closed doesn't mean anything. "Nuu, shudap. I won the argument. I win. You lose."
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 27 June 18 at 02:54
Cemetery Girls said:
Ashe Arthur said:
Saying case-closed doesn't mean anything. "Nuu, shudap. I won the argument. I win. You lose."
Yea but my dad said so, so you're wrong.
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
Redanian
Redanian
Posted on 27 June 18 at 03:30
Ashe Arthur said:
If you planned on playing this game, but then you won't because there is no achievements, then you was never planning on truly playing it.
So deep.
BloodGodAlucard
BloodGodAlucard
Posted on 27 June 18 at 03:47
Redanian said:
Ashe Arthur said:
If you planned on playing this game, but then you won't because there is no achievements, then you was never planning on truly playing it.
So deep.
One of my favorite things to hear women say for 500, Alex. laugh
Kolega Tenshou
Posted on 27 June 18 at 07:13
Well, it was a dissapointment for me when I read the notice about this game won't have any achievements.
I played it anyway, because I liked the previous games, and after playing it I would prefer it had had achievements.

At least I would feel I was playing with some kind of objective, because the game is so boring.
There are 7 goals during the game, but it doesn't matter if you don't complete them.

I didn't like the game. I know it's free, but i would rather pay 5 bucks for this game so it would have achievements.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.