Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit Won't Have Achievements

AuthorMessage
puchulandero
puchulandero
Posted on 27 June 18 at 07:47
Kolega Tenshou said:
Well, it was a dissapointment for me when I read the notice about this game won't have any achievements.
I played it anyway, because I liked the previous games, and after playing it I would prefer it had had achievements.

At least I would feel I was playing with some kind of objective, because the game is so boring.
There are 7 goals during the game, but it doesn't matter if you don't complete them.

I didn't like the game. I know it's free, but i would rather pay 5 bucks for this game so it would have achievements.
and it is a demo? or a game? because they call this " demo " but i am totally disagree. A short game, doesn´t made the game a demo, and i think this is a complete game... they say " demo " because if it is a demo it doesn´t need to have achievements, maybe adding achievements cost money to developer, i don´t know, but i don´t understand nothing
Kinect Forever
Vuxur
Posted on 27 June 18 at 10:51
The number of people not bothering with this game solely on the basis of lack of achievements is quite pathetic.
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 27 June 18 at 11:54
Not to fuel the flames, but it definitely says "A Game By..." at the beginning of the credits. It seems at one point they thought it was a game but changed their minds. As others have said, it's incredibly boring when the story isn't happening. I loved LiS and will probably like LiS 2, but this demo/game/prologue was too drawn out for me. I finally gave up on unlocking the phone and looked it up and am convinced I never would have figured it out.
Ostrowidzki1989
Posted on 27 June 18 at 13:34
H2 Logic said:
The number of people not bothering with this game solely on the basis of lack of achievements is quite pathetic.
Oh, sorry about that. Let me just put Nier: Automata and the other crap ton of good games with achievements on the back burner to play a demo.

If they don't want to put the effort in to putting achievements so they can call it a demo, why bother?? The developer clearly doesn't even see this POS as something worthy of anyone's time.

I'll wait for the full release, I don't like playing demos, personally. If this demo is a full release... well tell me how that makes any damn sense. I don't play demos.
puchulandero
puchulandero
Posted on 27 June 18 at 16:32
Ostrowidzki1989 said:
H2 Logic said:
Oh, sorry about that. Let me just put Nier: Automata and the other crap ton of good games with achievements on the back burner to play a demo.

If they don't want to put the effort in to putting achievements so they can call it a demo, why bother?? The developer clearly doesn't even see this POS as something worthy of anyone's time.

I'll wait for the full release, I don't like playing demos, personally. If this demo is a full release... well tell me how that makes any damn sense. I don't play demos.
+9999999
Kinect Forever
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 27 June 18 at 17:08
Ostrowidzki1989 said:
H2 Logic said:

You're too cool man. Way too cool for this site. You should just leave.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zorlac0666 Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
CompleteKurisu
Posted on 27 June 18 at 18:05
Who needs games for entertainment when you have threads like this?
Ostrowidzki1989
Posted on 27 June 18 at 18:30
Zorlac0666 said:
Ostrowidzki1989 said:
H2 Logic said:

Not sure why you're so adamant and getting angry at everyone for avoiding a demo. We'd rather wait for the full release and use our time for actual games.

I have a crap ton of demo discs for ps1. Want me to send those to you? Premium stuff they are.
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 27 June 18 at 18:47
CompleteKurisu said:
games are not for entertainment if they don't have gamerscore attached man.

Ostrowidzki1989 said:
Zorlac0666 said:
Ostrowidzki1989 said:
H2 Logic said:

Not sure why you're so adamant and getting angry at everyone for avoiding a demo. We'd rather wait for the full release and use our time for actual games.

I have a crap ton of demo discs for ps1. Want me to send those to you? Premium stuff they are.
Hell I was telling you how cool you are. How do you get angry out of that? Digging for problems there homie.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zorlac0666 Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
BloodGodAlucard
BloodGodAlucard
Posted on 27 June 18 at 19:23
The mods need to delete this autism. laugh
WHITE SHADOWS1
Posted on 27 June 18 at 19:34
Elite1111111111 said:
Zorlac0666 said:
No it's really not. it was never proclaimed to be a full game release. I see it as asinine honestly. There's zero reason to have expected this demo to have achievements, and really pathetic if you were only going to play it for free achievements. I myself LOVE achievements, but people like this make me miss the time when they didn't exist.
Captain Spirit was part of Microsoft's E3 show. There was no mention of it being a demo. It was lumped in with every other game presented. Therefore, it's a particularly reasonable expectation that it was... a game.

You are also lumping 2 groups of people together into an amalgamated stance and pretending that people here have that view.

There are people upset this is a demo, as they were expecting a game.
There are people upset this doesn't have achievements, as games generally have achievements (and they didn't know it was a demo).
I don't think there are many people complaining that 'demos don't have achievements.'

TA and I'm sure many other news outlets reported it as a free game.
Dontnod Announces Free Title The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit
Full agreeing with all you wrote, why on earth would any company showcase a demo at E3 (the biggest gaming expo) and the fact they never mentioned also that was only a demo at time. They made it look like a full game but its fell flat unfortunately.

Also as some else pointed out the NBA prequel game had achievements added ao isnt a no go area as its happened. However the issue think peole are more hacked off with is the lacking of transparency from get go.

I only got lis season one as it was on sale and seen was easy gs however ended up loving the story and for much much stronger than most tell tale stories. Second one wasnt as good and again lack of transparency in terms the details about the deluxe editon in regards the bonus episode was let down as well as it was basically dlc and no achievements so i wouldnt be shocked if the next full game ends up with no achievements either judging there past records. Sure they made a balls up with the achievement list before, bts was released with the bonus episode showing it had achievements attached.
WHITE SHADOWS1
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 27 June 18 at 19:43
BloodGodAlucard said:
Please no. I want more people to tell me how I don't like achievements because I only have a 22% completion.
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 27 June 18 at 20:40
Zorlac0666 said:
BloodGodAlucard said:
Please no. I want more people to tell me how I don't like achievements because I only have a 22% completion.
You don’t like achievements because you only have a 22% completion.
CompleteKurisu
Posted on 27 June 18 at 21:55
For what it's worth, it is a short self contained experience that will easily satisfy anybody who is looking for solid storytelling. I do not regret playing through it. Anybody who appreciates mature narratives in gaming should check it out, even though it has no achievements attached to it.
Jestingmeat
Jestingmeat
Posted on 27 June 18 at 22:39
I think they shot themselves in the foot by not including achievements. Some people may have tried it for the achievements and ended up enjoying it and went on to play Life is strange 2.

I was planning on skipping it anyway. I hated Life is strange and thought the presentation of this game made it look lame.
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 27 June 18 at 22:49
Jestingmeat said:
I think they shot themselves in the foot by not including achievements. Some people may have tried it for the achievements and ended up enjoying it and went on to play Life is strange 2.

I was planning on skipping it anyway. I hated Life is strange and thought the presentation of this game made it look lame.
No, they really didn't. The % of gamers who won't play a game because it doesn't have achievements is super small compared to the people who will play games because they like the games. Again this isn't a knock on achievements. I like them or I wouldn't be on this site, but that's just the facts of the matter.
Ostrowidzki1989
Posted on 27 June 18 at 23:35
Zorlac0666 said:
CompleteKurisu said:

Ostrowidzki1989 said:
Zorlac0666 said:
Ostrowidzki1989 said:
H2 Logic said:

Hell I was telling you how cool you are. How do you get angry out of that? Digging for problems there homie.
No problem, homie. I was wondering though, might be a bit off topic, but do you wanna trade the new spyro, crash and re2 remasters for my demos on disc? I know I have them lying around in a storage somewhere.

Now, I'm only offering YOU this opportunity, because you've been attacking pretty much everyone against demos without achievements which makes me think you prefer demos without achievements over full games. So, think about it, you trade me the crappy versions with achievements and I'll trade the demo equivalents on consoles that are so awesome, they don't even need achievements OR trophies!

So, yeah. You gift me those and I'll pay the shipping on the demos, if you're interested.
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 28 June 18 at 00:02
Ostrowidzki1989 said:
Zorlac0666 said:
CompleteKurisu said:

Ostrowidzki1989 said:
Zorlac0666 said:
Ostrowidzki1989 said:
H2 Logic said:

No problem, homie. I was wondering though, might be a bit off topic, but do you wanna trade the new spyro, crash and re2 remasters for my demos on disc? I know I have them lying around in a storage somewhere.

Now, I'm only offering YOU this opportunity, because you've been attacking pretty much everyone against demos without achievements which makes me think you prefer demos without achievements over full games. So, think about it, you trade me the crappy versions with achievements and I'll trade the demo equivalents on consoles that are so awesome, they don't even need achievements OR trophies!

So, yeah. You gift me those and I'll pay the shipping on the demos, if you're interested.
You clearly don't know the difference in attacking and stating facts. Once you learn I'll reply to you again. Until then have a good evening sir.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 28 June 18 at 00:07
The condescending attitude is really non-essential and only degrades any point you are trying to get across. Argue the idea, not the person.
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 28 June 18 at 04:34
Elyoh said:
The condescending attitude is really non-essential and only degrades any point you are trying to get across. Argue the idea, not the person.
That's unfortunately way too hard for a lot of the people on here.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.