Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit Won't Have Achievements

AuthorMessage
Vuxur
Posted on 28 June 18 at 08:48
Ostrowidzki1989 said:
H2 Logic said:
The number of people not bothering with this game solely on the basis of lack of achievements is quite pathetic.
Oh, sorry about that. Let me just put Nier: Automata and the other crap ton of good games with achievements on the back burner to play a demo.

If they don't want to put the effort in to putting achievements so they can call it a demo, why bother?? The developer clearly doesn't even see this POS as something worthy of anyone's time.

I'll wait for the full release, I don't like playing demos, personally. If this demo is a full release... well tell me how that makes any damn sense. I don't play demos.
What does having other games to play have to do with complaining solely based on no achievements?
SilentBobsTag
SilentBobsTag
Posted on 28 June 18 at 10:38
Why do so many people get so hung up on the word demo? It probably had to be put in that category because the lack of achievements. Don't know what the Microsoft policy is, but maybe that has to do with it being called a demo.
I'd say it's like a regular episode of a Telltale game. So a one episode game.

The way some of you guys are behaving is ridiculous. There really should be games that give you achievements for pressing each button on your controller and you 100%ed the game. Calling people out for their completion rate is also quite a low blow.
Looking for Gamerscore in all the wrong places !!!
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 28 June 18 at 11:19
SilentBobsTag said:
Why do so many people get so hung up on the word demo? It probably had to be put in that category because the lack of achievements. Don't know what the Microsoft policy is, but maybe that has to do with it being called a demo.

The way some of you guys are behaving is ridiculous. There really should be games that give you achievements for pressing each button on your controller and you 100%ed the game. Calling people out for their completion rate is also quite a low blow.
It is not like a regular episode of a TellTale game. Those episodes are actual games, later episodes can be purchased, and wait for it, have achievements. A demo is a short sample of a game, this is not a sample.
This post may be sarcastic.
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 28 June 18 at 11:35
Elyoh said:
The condescending attitude is really non-essential and only degrades any point you are trying to get across. Argue the idea, not the person.
Whatever makes you sleep better at night man. I'm allowed to have my opinion and stance as well even if it doesn't agree with his. So long as I'm not breaking site rules (which I am not), I can state that opinion. Even if it disagrees with the majority.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zorlac0666 Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 28 June 18 at 11:39
SilentBobsTag said:

When people start doing that it's not hard to see that they've realized they have no argument or discussion anymore so they try to look for something to insult others about. That said it really doesn't bother me. I'm 40-years-old. I've lived through a lot of presidents, a crazy as hell x-wife, near homelessness, a time when children could be spanked (even in school shock). Him going "hurr hurrr, you only have 22% completion so your opiion doesn't matter!!" REALLY doesn't effect me in the slightest. It's just another form of bullying (and really terribly pathetic form), and it doesn't mean a thing.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zorlac0666 Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 28 June 18 at 13:26
Zorlac0666 said:
Whatever makes you sleep better at night man. I'm allowed to have my opinion and stance as well even if it doesn't agree with his. So long as I'm not breaking site rules (which I am not), I can state that opinion. Even if it disagrees with the majority.
Sure, you're allowed to, but as soon as you stop arguing the point and become condescending and insulting, you lose any kind of credibility, whether you like it or not.

Just like the guy who called you out for having a 22% completion percentage is wrong because he's just trying to attack you as a person, you're wrong for calling people "pathetic" for judging how people play their games and on which criteria they choose to play their games. That's a double standard on your part.

Respect goes both ways, and you should know better. Everybody should.

That's my biggest gripe with this thread, and the TA community as a whole. It's fine to disagree, it's fine to argue (hell, a healthy debate is fun to me), but when people jump at each other's throat and start throwing insults left and right is where it descends into madness. But that's the internet, and as long as people act like keyboard warriors behind the proctection of their online anonymity and thus not fear any consequence or punishment for their reprehensible behavior, it's never going to change.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 28 June 18 at 14:04
I'm not insulting him though is the thing. Again I'm not breaking the site rules (of which not insulting other users is one of). If I were, then sure, lump me in with him. As of right now though I'm just stating my side of things, and you guys are flipping out because I'm not going with the majority.

You said you love debate, but every time I debate people on this site jump my shit because i'm outspoken and have my own opinion on things. I get insulted consistently because I don't have a high completion %, but when i stand up for myself it's ME doing wrong.

This PC time we live in is terrible.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 28 June 18 at 14:52
Zorlac0666 said:
I'm not insulting him though is the thing. Again I'm not breaking the site rules (of which not insulting other users is one of). If I were, then sure, lump me in with him. As of right now though I'm just stating my side of things, and you guys are flipping out because I'm not going with the majority.
Calling people pathetic is pretty much an insult, yes.

Zorlac0666 said:
You said you love debate, but every time I debate people on this site jump my shit because i'm outspoken and have my own opinion on things. I get insulted consistently because I don't have a high completion %, but when i stand up for myself it's ME doing wrong.

This PC time we live in is terrible.
I'm sorry you see it that way. The poeple insulting you shouldn't do it either, and standing up for yourself is not a bad thing, but there is a way to do it. I don't mean to jump your shit, but simply to remind you that if you want to take the high road, you have to not lower yourself to the standards of such people. Do some people in this thread deserve to be smacked across the head for the way they behave? Yes, but we have to be better than that. You're better than that, and I'm sure you know it.

To quote Bill Burr, because it's about how people debate and I think it's both extremely funny and insightful at the same time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNSt3wJXZk0
This is how women argue, as far as I can tell. If they are right, they argue the point and they stay on point and make sure you stay on point, until you are down on your knees apologizing, begging for forgiveness. Alright, no problem with that, totally respect it.

But here is the thing, if they are wrong - they go rogue, they go off road. They start thinking of shit you are sensitive about, maybe you don’t get along with you dad and in their head they start concocting this evil statement totally designed, this desperate, hail mary attempt to make you so fucking mad you just call them a cunt.

That’s what it is. And cunt trumps all this bullshit that their did to start the argument. Now its not about that, now its about "Well, there is no reason to call me a cunt" and that’s it, you are in this room now. My girl knows my big thing, my biggest fear is to be that dude that grows old, alone, that has that basement apartment just screaming at that younger couple upstairs "turn it down, that isn't music!", so I noticed that every time she is losing a fight out of nowhere she’d just "that’s why you will just grow old and be alone" and I would lose my shit.

Next thing I know I am washing dishes for the ninth fucking time in a row this is what the argument was about, I was so right, what happened?! So if you learn anything from my ignorance tonight just know this, next time you're in a battle with your beautiful woman, your wife, girlfriend, whatever and they start to say that crazy shit out of nowhere, just know at that moment, you’ve won the fight.

Don’t get mad, bob and weave, slip all of that shit... "maybe it's because you have a little dick!"... just let all of that shit slide, stay in the pocket of the argument. It’s over, the argument is over, you’ve won the fight. Just take a knee and run out the clock. Lean on the ropes, let them punch themselves out and in the end you throw their psychology right back at them, "Well, maybe we should discuss this later when you calm down". They won’t hook up with you for a couple of days, who cares? Who cares? You rub one out. Rub one out like a man. It's the champagne of victory.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 28 June 18 at 21:26, Edited on 28 June 18 at 21:27 by Sashamorning
What's sad is that because of no achievements, I'm more likely to play something like Horse Racing 2016.

Except I've already finished that. So on to some other POS.
Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
Dacius Decium
Dacius Decium
Posted on 05 September 18 at 17:32
YoDz said:
Who do these monsters think they are? How can they just torture us like that. What type of animals plays games without achievements
Once upon a time, in a life-time long ago, games had ZERO gamerscores, ZERO achievements and gamers enjoyed the games for the story, adventure and journey.

Games were once judged based upon quality, experience, content. Games shouldn't be judged for the amount of free gamerscore and achievements you can unlock. This title has been made and provided to you for free after all.

What more do you want. Be grateful.

Just saying...
Dacius Decium
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 05 September 18 at 19:33
I also had a lot more money for other things. Yeah, those were the days...
Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
spankyNspronkle
Posted on 07 September 18 at 15:34
Dacius Decium said:
YoDz said:
Who do these monsters think they are? How can they just torture us like that. What type of animals plays games without achievements
Once upon a time, in a life-time long ago, games had ZERO gamerscores, ZERO achievements and gamers enjoyed the games for the story, adventure and journey.

Games were once judged based upon quality, experience, content. Games shouldn't be judged for the amount of free gamerscore and achievements you can unlock. This title has been made and provided to you for free after all.

What more do you want. Be grateful.

Just saying...
To be fair, achievements and gamerscore have broadened gamer's interests. The other ZERO you left out is the amount of gamer's who would have bought a game like this in the pre-achievements world (over-exaggeration, obviously).

As amazing as some of the story-telling is in these types of games, they absolutely have grown the user-base over time thanks to achievements. People (who otherwise would have passed) decided to give some Point-N-Click games a try for the easy score and found some gems and an interest in the genre.
TB Prodigy 57
TB Prodigy 57
Posted on 25 November 18 at 22:07
At this point, being so immersed in achievement hunting.... I see literally no reason to play this game without the added incentive. What a shame
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 26 November 18 at 00:07
TB Prodigy 57 said:
At this point, being so immersed in achievement hunting.... I see literally no reason to play this game without the added incentive. What a shame
For the experience of what the game is.
Eric From Cali
Posted on 07 January 19 at 06:51
TB Prodigy 57 said:
So immersed? Not trying to be rude but bro, you have 67,000 Gamerscore. Some people get that much in a month. I'm installing the game as we speak because I love these story-driven experiences. It's like watching TV, but with more interactive experiences. Are you going to stop watching TV or hanging out with friends just because there's no achievements for doing those things?

I spend hundreds of hours playing Rocket league even though I have all the achievements. I just love the damn game. I'm going to play the games I like, achievements or no.
Twitter: EricDC
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 07 January 19 at 13:43
Eric From Cali said:
TB Prodigy 57 said:
So immersed? Not trying to be rude but bro, you have 67,000 Gamerscore. Some people get that much in a month. I'm installing the game as we speak because I love these story-driven experiences. It's like watching TV, but with more interactive experiences. Are you going to stop watching TV or hanging out with friends just because there's no achievements for doing those things?

I spend hundreds of hours playing Rocket league even though I have all the achievements. I just love the damn game. I'm going to play the games I like, achievements or no.
I've actually started hating coming to this site and seeing people who no longer game for the games. Now granted people can play for whatever reason, but when I see comments like. "conan exiles isn't worth a buy because you can FINISH it in an hour", it makes me sick. No the fuck it can't be finished in an hour. You can barely start it in an hour. You can cheat out all the achievements in an hour, that's a very different story.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 08 January 19 at 03:54
Eric From Cali said:
Are you going to stop watching TV or hanging out with friends just because there's no achievements for doing those things?
I already don't watch TV and I don't have time for friends, that's an easy decision for me laugh If they added achievements to doing them though.......
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.